All things Dundee FC

1 hour ago, jakedee said:

Added a crucial element to your statement.

I think he would.

Hearts, and Aberdeen, operate on a financial level above the other clubs and there's a clear step in terms of player you can attract too. He moves to Hearts and he's suddenly able to spend 7 figures in a Summer window building a squad, with a wage bill that's potentially double your current one.

He's unlikely to ever get the Celtic/Rangers jobs now, so Aberdeen/Hearts is as big a job as he could get.

I daresay he'll feel loyalty to you though, and want to repay you for the faith you showed in him, but I'm unsure how far that would go when offers start coming in.

I think we could construct a deal that could keep the Doc at Dens. Bonuses, % of player sales etc. Encourage the long term project aspect of the club. A move to Hearts offers the chance to buy more expensive players, more trips to Europe and a better chance of winning a cup, but doesn’t guarantee the latter. From Hearts where does some of Docherty’s age and experience go, factor in no high profile playing career, I suggest the only way is down. 

6 minutes ago, Girth said:

Hertz need to go for someone that knows the club and fanbase. 

I nominate the greasy binman...

image.png.5e5b528cdc57b49a1a13954451c66ca0.png

They can't hit a Neilson era again without going through a Levein era first though.

Please.

Dee-lighted the main man Simon Murray has assumed the captains' armband following our beloved Cowsers' departure to his boyhood heroes.

There was no other option to appoint at this time with our two first choice central defenders being out injured and Ryan Jack still to apparently sign.

These are good times my friends, the best since CC33.

Merely my opinion.

can2-e1558710343365-940x564.jpg.a009c1f497749d645a1ed4fb3593c491.jpg

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

I think he would.

Hearts, and Aberdeen, operate on a financial level above the other clubs and there's a clear step in terms of player you can attract too. He moves to Hearts and he's suddenly able to spend 7 figures in a Summer window building a squad, with a wage bill that's potentially double your current one.

He's unlikely to ever get the Celtic/Rangers jobs now, so Aberdeen/Hearts is as big a job as he could get.

I daresay he'll feel loyalty to you though, and want to repay you for the faith you showed in him, but I'm unsure how far that would go when offers start coming in.

Nah, quite unlikely. Much of the draw for Doc at Dundee was the convenience. He has lived here for about 20 years and by all accounts is very settled here. I personally know the strain and inconvenience of working hours away from home has, I have been offered considerably more money than I get here, to return to working in Aberdeen but the convenience I have right now is pretty valuable, so I think 'nah f**k that'.

1 minute ago, johnnydun said:

Nah, quite unlikely. Much of the draw for Doc at Dundee was the convenience. He has lived here for about 20 years and by all accounts is very settled here. I personally know the strain and inconvenience of working hours away from home has, I have been offered considerably more money than I get here, to return to working in Aberdeen but the convenience I have right now is pretty valuable, so I think 'nah f**k that'.

Correct, at least two hours commute onto your day, not worth the bother.IMO.

17 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Yeah I think he's got the potential to be your Tommy Wright, tbh.

1 hour ago, This Charming Man said:

Dee-lighted the main man Simon Murray has assumed the captains' armband following our beloved Cowsers' departure to his boyhood heroes.

There was no other option to appoint at this time with our two first choice central defenders being out injured and Ryan Jack still to apparently sign.

These are good times my friends, the best since CC33.

Merely my opinion.

can2-e1558710343365-940x564.jpg.a009c1f497749d645a1ed4fb3593c491.jpg

Where have you heard Jack is likely to sign? Would be a great signing.

I see the Council are delaying progress on Camperdown again by not scheduling the current PPiP for their next meeting.

Why is Scotland permanently run by backwards half wits?

The facility planned can only be good for Dundee as a city/region let alone the club

10 hours ago, peebles_Dee said:

Where have you heard Jack is likely to sign? Would be a great signing.

Sorry to disappoint my man, no 'in the know' snippets from me I'm afraid.

Only based upon The Doc being very interested and keeping in touch with him according to previous media reports and the fact he's yet to sign elsewhere, although he is currently training with Motherwell to maintain fitness.

Mind you, think I also recall reading he may fancy a move abroad.

42 minutes ago, MarkoP said:

I see the Council are delaying progress on Camperdown again by not scheduling the current PPiP for their next meeting.

Why is Scotland permanently run by backwards half wits?

The facility planned can only be good for Dundee as a city/region let alone the club

I'll wager there's a tangerine moron behind this.

Thank you.

On 03/09/2024 at 09:12, This Charming Man said:

Sorry to disappoint my man, no 'in the know' snippets from me I'm afraid.

Only based upon The Doc being very interested and keeping in touch with him according to previous media reports and the fact he's yet to sign elsewhere, although he is currently training with Motherwell to maintain fitness.

Mind you, think I also recall reading he may fancy a move abroad.

Even if he lives over in the West, if there was a chance he was signing would it not make sense for him to be training with Dundee just now?

12 minutes ago, Glen Scotia said:

Even if he lives over in the West, if there was a chance he was signing would it not make sense for him to be training with Dundee just now?

Don't really think you could read much in to that, he was training with Motherwell for a while. Why would you travel to Dundee at your own expense to gain fitness if nothing comes of it? 

Maybe no one wants to sign him on the wages he would probably command unless they were sure on his fitness, maybe he is holding out for that move abroad that surely would have happened by now. 

Either way, he admitted that he is in contact with Docherty so it wouldn't surprise me to see us sign him. We might have been waiting on the money coming in for McCowan before we were prepared to take a punt on him. My guess is that if Kilmarnock weren't on a plastic pitch and he was fit he'd have signed there by now. 

Edited by Pens_Dark