All things Dundee FC

1 minute ago, Boo Khaki said:

Remember all the "this three at the back thing is shite and we need to go to flat four" shouts in here late last season?

Funny how quickly the enthusiasm for that has wilted away since we're conceding 2+ per game playing with a four.

To be fair, I think it's the players and not the system that is the root of the problem, but I also think it needs borne in mind that we played a three the majority of last season and still couldn't defend leads and shipped a ton of goals while doing so.

Still think there is a whole lot depending on Clark Robertson, and later down the line big JS coming back, but by that point it will be January and the window will be open anyway. FB's need to start finding their feet quickly, because if not it's going to be a slog between now and New Year when we can feasibly find replacements.

Docherty will still play both formations. Sometimes it works and other times it doesn't work because of players available and the opponent. At the moment a 5 at the back would work best.

The game will be won in the middle of the pitch again. Last season it was never a high scoring game but our midfield out played them each time. Reilly and Fraser got subbed early in the reserves game so It could be a sign they will play coming off the bench on Saturday. Depending on how the game is going I could see Reilly come on at ST or even at LWB to provide a more attacking threat but I think Docherty would take another 0-0. It would be good to see Main play as he causes problems and he won't get bullied by Rubezic.

Edited by Luke Newman

On 23/09/2024 at 08:16, Ludo*1 said:

It's more the fact that it's every interview and stuff like this comment, is just a bit much:

'Obviously, when you go to places like Ibrox, you just wish you could get a move to a team like that. '

Just catching up...I didn't think what he said was too bad until I got to that part 😂

Luke McCowan in the fans interview yesterday was saying he got told Celtic were interested in him at the start of pre season. He said he kept focusing and working hard for Dundee. Docherty told him on the deadline day morning that the deal wasn’t happened. He then trained that morning and then Docherty pull him out early to say the deal was now on. Showed how much hard he worked for us to the end. Lyall Cameron should have learnt from him. I see why many managers might get out of  signing Lyall.

42 minutes ago, peebles_Dee said:

Luke McCowan in the fans interview yesterday was saying he got told Celtic were interested in him at the start of pre season. He said he kept focusing and working hard for Dundee. Docherty told him on the deadline day morning that the deal wasn’t happened. He then trained that morning and then Docherty pull him out early to say the deal was now on. Showed how much hard he worked for us to the end. Lyall Cameron should have learnt from him. I see why many managers might get out of  signing Lyall.

Is Cameron not working hard?

1 hour ago, Glen Scotia said:

Is Cameron not working hard?

He’s not a working hard type player so I don’t judge him on that. I meaning that McCowan knew about Celtic interest and we didn’t hear anything from him. He even trained straight after being told the deal wasn’t going to happen.

Rewatched the highlights of our last meeting at Dens, forgot how much we dominated this game considering it took a VAR-given penalty to win it. Cameron ripped that rubbish Dons side to shreds, so it'd be nice to see it happen again, though I expect a much tougher game. We're desperately needing a win here to rebuild any sort of momentum, as without McCowan we've yet to prove we have really recovered.

Will be curious to see if Fraser gets the nod, as that missing spark in the middle is already damaging us. I doubt Robertson will be starting and assume Ingram will come right back in after McGhee's injury, which is no doubt a pisser. Still have high hopes for young Ingram regardless of a couple bad games, hopefully he and Larkeche can show some kind of improvement as despite my frustrations with all of the defence this season, I couldn't really blame Koumetio or even Portales for our loss to County.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

Horrible news that I'm hoping I've got terribly wrong but it looks like Caballero has passed at 46 years old according to his social media. 

Hopefully the club do an appropriate tribute today and his name gets sung all game. 

What a player. 

37 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Horrible news that I'm hoping I've got terribly wrong but it looks like Caballero has passed at 46 years old according to his social media. 

Hopefully the club do an appropriate tribute today and his name gets sung all game. 

What a player. 

Had just read similar on an Arsenal fan account. Horrible news, 46 is no age at all. RIP.

Sad news. A childhood hero for me. Absolutely brilliant player , blew hot and cold but when on form absolutely incredible and got you on the edge of your seat

Can remember playing in the park and trying to replicate the way he shot and twisted and turned on the ball. 

Made me fall in love with football 

Edited by mungo

Yip, horrific. Career ruined by a brutal challenge, although some life choices probably contributed, but in his prime unbelievably good. On a completely different level. Could have played at the very pinnacle of the game. 46 - ffs - a tragedy. 

Edited by Fifespud