All things Dundee FC

You'll no doubt ignore this, but he'd be watching Allan. They used to come to some of our matches when we've had loanees of them to watch the player. Certainly did with Cillian Sheridan and Darnell Fisher.

Possibly but it would seem pointless considering it's a friendly, he wasn't going to play the whole 90 and against weaker opposition.

Possibly but it would seem pointless considering it's a friendly, he wasn't going to play the whole 90 and against weaker opposition.

Well yeah, which is why it's more likely they were just watching Allan rather than actually scouting a player.

11 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Hateley needs to stop taking set pieces also. Was struggling to beat the first man at corners.
The main thing I liked about Deacon was he wasn't afraid to take on players and he did adventure into the middle of the park.
Brechin players did try to chop him a fair few times, he will probably get that treatment all season I reckon

It'll take a brave man to chop any Dundee player this season considering they've all got Randy Wolters for back up. 

I thought you guys looked really good passing it about .Great move in 2nd half with about 40 passes .. You ve some decent talent on board now ..I was sitting with 2 Dundee mates and good to see fans aplauding both teams good point s ( ours were few n far between )All the best this coming season

You'll no doubt ignore this, but he'd be watching Allan. They used to come to some of our matches when we've had loanees of them to watch the player. Certainly did with Cillian Sheridan and Darnell Fisher.

Either Tosh McKinlay or John Kennedy were at every game Kris Ajer played for us last season, apparently they send someone to every game they have a loanee involved in so I wouldn't be worried too much tbh......

11 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Hateley needs to stop taking set pieces also. Was struggling to beat the first man at corners.
The main thing I liked about Deacon was he wasn't afraid to take on players and he did adventure into the middle of the park.
Brechin players did try to chop him a fair few times, he will probably get that treatment all season I reckon

That was a bit frustrating, the long wait for Hateley to dawdle from right back to take the corner knowing he was just going to give it straight to the defenders. 

I did particularly like when he started ambling forward for a free kick later on and Roarie just waved at him to stay back so he could take it. His head dropped quicker than a kirkton birds knickers.

4 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

It'll take a brave man to chop any Dundee player this season considering they've all got Randy Wolters for back up. 

...and Graham "I'm going to break your face" Gartland who will probably have to spend most of the season on a lead attached to the bottom of the dugout.

2 minutes ago, JockysJetpack said:

I'm sure Motherwell fans warned us that Hateley was shite at set-pieces. But that he made a name as an 'expert' because he fluked in a couple of corners.

IIRC it was 3 goals direct from 736 attempted free kicks. 

That's not a great conversion rate.