All things Dundee FC

St Mirren fans saying Harkins and McGowan couldn't play together oh dear. They have both been superb so far this season

Agree. I knew what Harkins was all about by his times at Dens previous and knew he would be outstanding and I hadn't really heard of McGowan TBH but I really like him, works his bawz off and is superb on the ball. I honestly thought he was our MOTM yesterday maybe sharing it with Greg Stewart who was also tireless.

I thought McAlister, McGinn and Ferry were the only players who weren't on there top game yesterday but its hard to criticize any of the players TBF.

When Thomson returns I can see us putting in even better performance's.

Bring on the DABS.

Agree. I knew what Harkins was all about by his times at Dens previous and knew he would be outstanding and I hadn't really heard of McGowan TBH but I really like him, works his bawz off and is superb on the ball. I honestly thought he was our MOTM yesterday maybe sharing it with Greg Stewart who was also tireless.

I thought McAlister, McGinn and Ferry were the only players who weren't on there top game yesterday but its hard to criticize any of the players TBF.

When Thomson returns I can see us putting in even better performance's.

Bring on the DABS.

I knew of McGowans off field antics more than his footballing abilities but he's been another good signing for us, as you say, he's a grafter and he seems to be keeping his 'inner bam' in check. Just a pity that him and Harkins can't play in the same team. :lol:

I knew of McGowans off field antics more than his footballing abilities but he's been another good signing for us, as you say, he's a grafter and he seems to be keeping his 'inner bam' in check. Just a pity that him and Harkins can't play in the same team. :lol:

Same. Anyone who goes ahead with the police is ok with me ;)

Cracking song from the Derry faithful. Paul McGowan is our friend, he hates coppers! Had a chuckle at that one.

McGowan is class. Been our best midfielder this season. Consistently good whereas Harkins has had a couple of off days so far.

Agree. Not slating Harkins in the slightest as we know what he can do on his game and is a game changer, his weak games have been against Celtic and St Mirren and I think this has been a case of him trying to hard.

McGowan is like a little pit bull. Constantly harrasing, chasing and covering his fellow team mates too. Excellent on the ball also and has probably been our best player this season. Stewart, konrad and mcpake have all been exceptional too. Not a fault for anyone, even Irvine ffs has been dare I say solid.

Lichtie78, on 14 Sept 2014 - 14:43, said:Lichtie78, on 14 Sept 2014 - 14:43, said:

Carreiro looks class

Good to hear! Only heard rave reviews about him so far. Was seemingly the star player in the youth derby and obviously United have a knack of acquiring special talents at that level. Looks like he'll be challenging for a first team place when he returns from loan from Arbroath. Important stint in his development over the next wee while.

Edited by Ludo *1

No wonder Danny Lennon is oot of a joab.

What's impressed me most this season has been the fitness levels of the players. We have finished every game strongly when the other team have looked dead in their feet.

Hopefully a few more goals will come our way to add to this.

I watched the extended highlights on BBC Alba last night. It's clear Hartley has already instilled the key qualities he did in his Alloa team:

strong team shape (especially defensively)

desire to keep the ball and not give it away cheaply

strong fitness levels and work rate

good footballers playing up to their potential

I expect Dundee to win this weekend.