All things Dundee FC

8 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

It's not the Brown's money to give away, they put nothing in, theyll take nothing out.

Why would they? They've taken nothing out for 20 years, and even if they did, they'd face a board room fully aware of it, and a fanbase who'd find out when the accounts were published. There's a difference between out situation, where it would be an owner taking money out the club, to yours, where an owner wouldn't be giving some money to the club. Nobody knows what their clubs owners will do next.

I know what gamble I'd rather take.

The option is there for the Brown's and Reid to do this and if they were ever inclined to do so there's not a thing St Johnstone/minority shareholders/supporters can do about it. 

5 minutes ago, Tibbermoresaint said:

It's you and your chums who are alleging they're taking the money from the ground out of the club and/or hiding it in the club.

Not at all, you're the one thats been on a Dundee thread since lunch time spouting the same pish. I've merely suggested your perfect paradise isn't as safe and secure as you think.

Like Spud says, best if you just stink off now

Why would they? They've taken nothing out for 20 years, and even if they did, they'd face a board room fully aware of it, and a fanbase who'd find out when the accounts were published. There's a difference between out situation, where it would be an owner taking money out the club, to yours, where an owner wouldn't be giving some money to the club. Nobody knows what their clubs owners will do next.

I know what gamble I'd rather take.

So answer my previous question wrt to retained cash, the other business assets, the business's earning potential and what the Browns will get when they eventually sell. I'm working on the assumption the Brown family won't own the club forever. Do you honestly think they will give their shares up for nothing? And I'm asking your opinion here so 'I don't know' will not be an acceptable answer.

3 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

The option is there for the Brown's and Reid to do this and if they were ever inclined to do so there's not a thing St Johnstone/minority shareholders/supporters can do about it. 

I was going to answer him too but I really couldn't be hooped acknowledging him!

Not at all, you're the one thats been on a Dundee thread since lunch time spouting the same pish. I've merely suggested your perfect paradise isn't as safe and secure as you think.

Nicely summed up Lochee.

3 minutes ago, locheedee said:

I've merely suggested your perfect paradise isn't as safe and secure as you think.

Rather more safe and secure than your wee club. Perhaps you should spend more time worrying about that than demonstrating time and time again that you're as thick as shit.

Nicely summed up Lochee.

2 minutes ago, Tibbermoresaint said:

Rather more safe and secure than your wee club. Perhaps you should spend more time worrying about that than demonstrating time and time again that you're as thick as shit.

Ahhh and we're back to the insults again - we were on our thread "worrying about our wee club" when you encamped yourself and started gibbering the same shite for near on 12 hours now without listening to a single fact pointed out to you (including by your own fans).

As Einstein said tho the definition of stupidity is doing the same thing again and again and expecting a different result...

Back to imbecile mode I see.

So you have an old dilapidated asset on your books that has been written down over the years to 250k. You swap it for a shiny new asset that costs 5M to build. The revenue say 'ah you've invoked the Taxation of Chargeable Gains act (1992) here, how clever, there is no tax to pay'.

Is that how it works?

3 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

So you have an old dilapidated asset on your books that has been written down over the years to 250k. You swap it for a shiny new asset that costs 5M to build. The revenue say 'ah you've invoked the Taxation of Chargeable Gains act (1992) here, how clever, there is no tax to pay'.

Is that how it works?

More or less.

5 minutes ago, Tibbermoresaint said:

Isn't that the definition of supporting Dundee?

No but it does seem to fit the description of talking to you tho - if you can't manage more than dropping to the level of shite insults you are quite clearly incapable of grasping some of the more complex ideas we're discussing

Edited by locheedee

And one more thing re the deal with John Bennett - it is the norm when renting commercial property for it to be on a repair and maintainance basis i.e. the folks renting the place have to pay for all that. There is usually an annual inspection when they go round and try to get you to fix all the things that were fucked before you took over.

Most commercial property is rented on an FRI basis - Full Repairing & Insuring. ie the tenant pays for everything.

1 minute ago, locheedee said:

No but it does seem to fit the description of talking to you tho - if you can't manage more than dropping to the level of shite insults you are quite clearly incapable of grasping some of the more complex ideas we're discussing

You can't even grasp that someone called Aufc probably doesn't support Saints. The thought of you discussing complex ideas is laughable.

1 minute ago, Tibbermoresaint said:

You can't even grasp that someone called Aufc probably doesn't support Saints. The thought of you discussing complex ideas is laughable.

Oooft, what a comeback - as I said at the time, I was in work and didn't look at the posters name. The thread was inundated again with fermers and dab fuds at the time, so I'm incapable of coherent thought because I didnt notice one chunt who maybe supports Ayr or Airdie parroting the same pish as the rest of you...

Again think you should just slope off to bed now cunto