All things Dundee FC

20 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Why was nobody offering this summer for him. Wouldn't of cost them much as he has only a year left. He will have teams after him, similar teams like us rather than a bigger team I reckon which a few years ago I reckon he could of went on to a bigger team.
He will get my backing like they all do but dosnt change my views on him.
Onwards and upwards. Well can only go up...

I still think it was down to the drop in form of the whole team that came off the back of whatever bust up there was...

It wasn't just Bain who's head went to f**k then, coz Loy, Harkins, McGinn and a few others were fairly obviously in the same camp just going by the change in attitude/performance.

The rest of them didn't get tarred by it as much as Bain tho (he was the only one to get as much abuse during games for it anyway), so I'm not hugely surprised his 'big move' got put on the back burner.

I seriously think he will get back to being the keeper he was once we've got a settled team and a semi solid defence tho, but I do agree if he does go for free then it will def be to a similar club coz I think any big clubs going to want him to prove himself again first.

On 21/08/2017 at 07:17, locheedee said:

Notice on the plans they're proposing opening a couple of new entrances - 1 directly off the kingsway at the start of the camperdown slip road + the second joins up with the existing cinema exit behind the ice rink.

Still think that'll be a nightmare getting out of - especially trying to get out onto the kingsway as cars are still presumably trying to get onto the slip road...

They aren't plans. They are just indicative drawings of what the site might look like. For one thing there is no way these days you would be allowed a straight junction turn onto the kingsway.

Anyway, I got my first contact from architect today so it looks like its all starting.

4 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

They aren't plans. They are just indicative drawings of what the site might look like. For one thing there is no way these days you would be allowed a straight junction turn onto the kingsway.

Anyway, I got my first contact from architect today so it looks like its all starting.

Fair do's, good to see its not just all smoke and mirrors then - even if the reality of it actually happening is a bit unsettling too!

+

Yeah I did wonder about that as every other junction has lights or a 'circle', I had visions of carnage on the Kingsway at tea time on a saturday...

1 minute ago, G_Man1985 said:

Short memory. I remember a certain Kevin holt got abuse like no tomoro from fans. He seems to get less these days but his abuse was ott. I do believe as a player he has improved and doing decent.

Yeah probably, I was going to add Holt to the wee list but he was already getting pelters for pretty much just not being settled yet so I'll concede on that one!

&

Yeah I've been quite impressed with him at times so far - he still needs to work on stuff but the whole defence needs to gel first in my opinion for both the 'wing backs' to be able to develop their games properly (altho Cammy is doing a cracking job as is)

As much as the BC is full of moaning b*****ds, Bain brought a lot on himself last season. He used to be largely spared for criticism until he started responding to the fans booing after a defeat, that led to a few individual arguments, which then turned a few fans against him and it proceeded from there.

It's a myth that Bain received any worse abuse than any other keeper we've had. In fact, he's received much less than the likes of Jack, Soutar, Letheren and towards the end even Rab received. Not one of those keepers have sprinted from the Shankly end after a Dundee victory to cup their ears to the home fans. Bain's a dick and had a very poor season last year.

That being said, he's got the potential to be a terrific keeper still and he seems to have his head screwed on a bit more this season under McCann and I'm delighted we've got him for another season if he can recapture his form - because who cares about what he thinks of the fans if he's turning in top quality performances? It'd be a complete non issue.

Also, Daniel Higgins must be regretting his choice in leaving. He's played one game for Killie since in joined and that was in the LC against Clyde and they've signed two 30+ defenders to play ahead of his.

Contrast that with Jack Hendry, but more importantly Kerr Waddell who was behind Higgins in the pecking order and has now been involved in every game thus far this season.

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Also, Daniel Higgins must be regretting his choice in leaving. He's played one game for Killie since in joined and that was in the LC against Killie and they've signed two 30+ defenders to play ahead of his.

Contrast that with Jack Hendry, but more importantly Kerr Waddell who was behind Higgins in the pecking order and has now been involved in every game thus far this season.

:blink:

Short memory. I remember a certain Kevin holt got abuse like no tomoro from fans. He seems to get less these days but his abuse was ott. I do believe as a player he has improved and doing decent.

At Pittodrie on Saturday a couple of lads behind me slagged Holt continually through the whole game. Whilst he didn't have a brilliant game he didn't deserve that.

I've defended Bain continually over the last year, even bickering with G Man, but I'm beginning to come round to the idea that he's not as good as I thought he was. His inability to claim balls in the six yard box totally pisses me off.

At Pittodrie on Saturday a couple of lads behind me slagged Holt continually through the whole game. Whilst he didn't have a brilliant game he didn't deserve that.

I've defended Bain continually over the last year, even bickering with G Man, but I'm beginning to come round to the idea that he's not as good as I thought he was. His inability to claim balls in the six yard box totally pisses me off.

Now Holt's someone that gets unnecessary abuse! He does have a tendency to do something good to only then mess it up which is frustrating. He's the boo boy favourite now until Danny Williams or James Vincent get on the pitch at least.

No player at a club our size is going to be perfect, but Bain is better than most. Because of that we expect a lot of him.

I won't take issue with anyone who thinks he's yet to fulfill his full potential, but as long as he keeps being personally worth multiple points a season he's fine by me.

Just been reading the article in the tele about our budget after the move and again its all fairly sensible, positive stuff from Nelms again.

The bit that stood out again for me was  "We look at it setting us up for the next 100 years. That’s where we’re going." :wub:

10 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Sounds like what Stewart Milne says about Aberdeen moving grounds, Nelms/Keyes aren't property developers are they?

Lol, I'm sure you've been lurking around enough to know the answer to that already - I'm not doubting a lot of it is just spin to appease the punters but they've come through on every statement they've made up til now so I'm getting less nervous about them having as big a say in my club.

+

Unlike the Aberdeen development, they def don't seem to have any vested interest in the deal other than as business owners while theres plenty of rumours floating about re folks making huge profits over the choice of sites  up there.

Edited by locheedee

Lol, I'm sure you've been lurking around enough to know the answer to that already - I'm not doubting a lot of it is just spin to appease the punters but they've come through on every statement they've made up til now so I'm getting less nervous about them having as big a say in my club.

+

Unlike the Aberdeen development, they def don't seem to have any vested interest in the deal other than as business owners while theres plenty of rumours floating about re folks making huge profits over the choice of sites  up there.

Was just wondering what the reaction will be once they build a new stadium, and then buy the Dens Park site to build flats on, to help recoup some money, that's all. It's what Milnes doing.

35 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Was just wondering what the reaction will be once they build a new stadium, and then buy the Dens Park site to build flats on, to help recoup some money, that's all. It's what Milnes doing.

Can imagine Dens is in prime land for a cracking set of flats right enough, complete with penthouses, glass to ceiling views of the Hilltown.

10 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Also, Daniel Higgins must be regretting his choice in leaving. He's played one game for Killie since in joined and that was in the LC against Clyde and they've signed two 30+ defenders to play ahead of his.

Waddell wasn't behind Higgins in the pecking order. They played two different positions, Kerr centre half and Daniel centre midfield. Daniel got his first team chance in central defence because of injuries and the fact that Kerr had gone out on loan to Clyde at the time.

Good luck to both of the young lads.

36 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Tbf they might but given Bennett is a property developer himself - I suspect he might well be taking that opportunity himself...

Which since he's a dab actually upsets me more.