All things Dundee FC

Waddell wasn't behind Higgins in the pecking order. They played two different positions, Kerr centre half and Daniel centre midfield. Daniel got his first team chance in central defence because of injuries and the fact that Kerr had gone out on loan to Clyde at the time.
Good luck to both of the young lads.

Higgins has been converted to a CH.

1 hour ago, locheedee said:

The bit that stood out again for me was  "We look at it setting us up for the next 100 years. That’s where we’re going." :wub:

As a few people have said the terms of the lease will be important. If Dundee were given a 150 year lease at a token rent not owning the ground could actually be an advantage. If the conference etc. business goes bust the ground's holding company and the club will be fine.

18 minutes ago, The Algebraist said:

As a few people have said the terms of the lease will be important. If Dundee were given a 150 year lease at a token rent not owning the ground could actually be an advantage. If the conference etc. business goes bust the ground's holding company and the club will be fine.

Yeah thats my hope anyway and you'd assume it wouldn't be in the Americans interest to cripple the club with a hefty rent bill so it could be a very sensible bit of business if its done right

abda91a3860eed1c83fe00be2bd5a955.jpg

This boy played LB for you at Gayfield last night. The Aucho boy mentioned before played holding midfielder and I think the striker might've been a trialist too. None of them looked great tbh. Mostly u20s for Dundee, and Arbroath put out a weakened/makeshift team. Dundee won 2-0. Only players I recognised for Dundee were Parish, Dryden, O'Hara and the 2/3 trialists. CB looked like Meekings but wasn't sure if it was him or not.

5 minutes ago, Lichtie78 said:

This boy played LB for you at Gayfield last night. The Aucho boy mentioned before played holding midfielder and I think the striker might've been a trialist too. None of them looked great tbh. Mostly u20s for Dundee, and Arbroath put out a weakened/makeshift team. Dundee won 2-0. Only players I recognised for Dundee were Parish, Dryden, O'Hara and the 2/3 trialists. CB looked like Meekings but wasn't sure if it was him or not.

I was told it was 1-0 with Curran scoring, any idea who scored the other?

thank you

Sounds like what Stewart Milne says about Aberdeen moving grounds, Nelms/Keyes aren't property developers are they?

Geoff Brown is very like a small time Stewart Milne. Geoff made a fucking packet out of the McDiarmid Park job.

I'd heard from someone else that Aucho and the Left back were brilliant. Funny how folk can see different things in a game.

Geoff Brown is very like a small time Stewart Milne. Geoff made a fucking packet out of the McDiarmid Park job.

Almost thirty years since McDiarmid was built and it still has you seething. Tremendous

4 minutes ago, Tibbermoresaint said:

Go on then. Let us know how you get on.

Don't think I'll bother to be fair. It's hard to get invested in something that hasn't even been designed yet, let alone paid for. Even harder to compare it to stadiums built in Scandinavia a decade ago. It's good to see other clubs are enthusiastic about it though.

3 minutes ago, The Algebraist said:

Don't think I'll bother to be fair. It's hard to get invested in something that hasn't even been designed yet, let alone paid for. Even harder to compare it to stadiums built in Scandinavia a decade ago. It's good to see other clubs are enthusiastic about it though.

Fair enough.

Any indication as to who the left back is? McCann trying to find someone to replace holt?

Interesting how one person and said they were both poor and another says they were both great.

From what I've read the Aucho boy really impressed at Aberdeen so might potentially be a bit of a player. Who knows though.