All things Dundee FC

This from a man who obsesses about Geoff Brown, Steve Brown, Bruce McDiarmid, Muirton Park and McDiarmid Park morning, noon and night. You make me smile, chap.

There is nobody in the world who obsesses about that.

32 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

I'm going to kill this Tibbermoresaint guy.

I'd say count me in when you're thinking of going round but he's either about 15 or a bit "special" so I'd only be there to record it for posterity/as a warning to any other throbbers!

4 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

You can't build flats on Dens - it's contaminated landfill.

Boo.  I was really hoping that no one would bring this up for months. You are a spoilsport.

I am fairly convinced that the limited ability to build on Dens would mean that Bennet will be unwilling to let Dundee out of their long term lease.

Interesting times.

2 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Boo.  I was really hoping that no one would bring this up for months. You are a spoilsport.

I am fairly convinced that the limited ability to build on Dens would mean that Bennet will be unwilling to let Dundee out of their long term lease.

Interesting times.

If our millionaire owners can somehow wrangle a super duper legal team capable of getting us out of a rental contract, I can only imagine how much of an arse Bennett is going to feel about refusing to sell us the land and stadium that he cant really do much else with.

Interesting times.

And then we'll liquidate and form Dundee Texas Oilers and our domination of Scottish football will begin.

Check mate.

23 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Interesting times.

For what it's worth, I've heard that there are a few break clauses and possible techniques to get out of it. The break clauses were weighted in favour of the club to alleviate fears of asset stripping if anyone wanted to come along and buy the stadium holding company after ownership was transferred.

It's Dundee we're talking about so there is always the prospect of our past coming back to haunt us and awkward issues arising but I'd be surprised if this was what would derail the project. I'd imagine it'll probably come down to Bennett seeing the amount of money he's spent on the stadium come back to his pockets. When you've spent £1 million on a piece of land, two years planning and then submitted official documentation towards the construction of a £20 million stadium (just pulling that out of my arse but you get my point); you'll have a strategy to deal with something like this.

If the project doesn't happen, it won't be this issue that's caused it.