All things Dundee FC

1 minute ago, G_Man1985 said:

360k is what he was worth?
Seems a good find if true...

That's a transfermarkt rating. Not really in tune with what players go for. Now playing in third tier in Spain but a good founding with Bilbao. f**k it, get him signed. Thank you.

If we sign Julen's compatriot, Khalid Aucho and Demeteriou, I'd hope to see Hateley leave and Curran punted out on loan. Doesn't look as if Lewis Spence will work out, and once a few of our CBs are back fit, I could foresee Waddell going on loan to the Championship to ensure he still gets game time and experience (I imagine O'Dea, Hendry and Meekings are all ahead of him in a perfect, injury-free world)

44 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I'd like a LB in. But striker is priority and our squad is absolutely massive as it is. We desperately need a few off the books.

Any thoughts on who you would want let go? I didn't quite realise just how big your squad was until I had a look there.

7 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Any thoughts on who you would want let go? I didn't quite realise just how big your squad was until I had a look there.

I would like to let go of the St Johnstone fans who fill our thread with drab inanities and itk claims about football stadia and our finances. 

Edit: Also what Ludo said.

Edited by The Algebraist

Tom Hateley has been told he's free to find a new club. Julen Extabeguren when he's back from injury will hopefully be offloaded. Nicky Low will hopefully make his loan spell with Derry permanent. Jesse Curran will be shipped out on loan (He's really at make or break stage, still considered a youth at 22 means he either breaks in the team this season or he's offloaded). James Vincent being punted wouldn't be a bad idea. And as much as Danny Williams has been 'ok' in his limited showings, he'd be another good one to get out the squad.

Tom Hateley has been told he's free to find a new club. Julen Extabeguren when he's back from injury will hopefully be offloaded. Nicky Low will hopefully make his loan spell with Derry permanent. Jesse Curran will be shipped out on loan (He's really at make or break stage, still considered a youth at 22 means he either breaks in the team this season or he's offloaded). James Vincent being punted wouldn't be a bad idea. And as much as Danny Williams has been 'ok' in his limited showings, he'd be another good one to get out the squad.

I'd agree with this and add Waddell to the loan list.

However, I think we'd struggled to shift all, or any, of Hateley, Williams or Vincent this late in the game if nobody has already come in for them.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

I would have been on board with the Vincent punting until after the ten minute mark on Saturday. Seem to be in a minority but I actually thought he had a really good game (after the moment where he forgot how to football) and linked up really well with Kamara. I think he gives us something a little bit different to the other pairing options and think he could be a useful player if utilised well.

2 minutes ago, The Algebraist said:

I would like to let go of the St Johnstone fans who fill our thread with drab inanities and itk claims about football stadia and our finances. 

Seeing as it's an open forum, I'll keep popping in whenever I feel like thanks.

I'd imagine getting rid of Hateley - if you could do it cheaply - might allow at least one and possibly two more signings if they were loanees/cheap. I still think you look a bit short of quality in wide areas as well as up front, so a few of the guys outlined by Ludo leaving would certainly help facilitate strengthening those areas. 

9 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Seeing as it's an open forum, I'll keep popping in whenever I feel like thanks.

We're box office after all. In fairness you asked a question in good faith, think I've just been triggered a bit by the pedantic trolling of your other three fans over the last few days.

7 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

We are short of quality right through the team. Meekings could be a help in hand in defence which may help out bain concede less goals.
We need someone to put the ball in the net.
That would be lovely

I'm not sure I agree with that. I think Dundee have potentially got a very good starting 11 with a few decent squad options for the bench although I agree you've got more deadwood than most sides in the league

Bain

Kerr Meekings O'Dea Holt

Kamara McGowan

Wolters Allan Deacon

Haber

Obvious areas for improve are the wings (I've not seen enough of either of them to comment on how good they are or otherwise) but even if they are decent, I don't see many back up options to replace them if they're injured, up front which is self explanatory and Holt at left back. He's by no means awful but I think he's the weak link in that defence. I like that midfield - lots of energy, all decent passers and creators and there's a nice balance in there. I think Vincent is decent cover too. Meekings is a class player and will take some responsibility from O'Dea who I think looks burdened by being the experienced head.

Edited by Kyle

6 minutes ago, The Algebraist said:

We're box office after all. In fairness you asked a question in good faith, think I've just been triggered a bit by the pedantic trolling of your other three fans over the last few days.

Quite understandable

I would have been on board with the Vincent punting until after the ten minute mark on Saturday. Seem to be in a minority but I actually thought he had a really good game (after the moment where he forgot how to football) and linked up really well with Kamara. I think he gives us something a little bit different to the other pairing options and think he could be a useful player if utilised well.

I agree with you on Vincent Harry. I think he's a good player (Although it's hard to forgive his performance against ICT late last season which was so bad, I wouldn't have been surprised if there was an investigation into it). We have so many central midfielders and I can't see us shipping out McGowan or O'Hara so it falls to Vincent.