All things Dundee FC

If we do build a new stadium, it will be interesting to see what the new stands will be called. Will they just call them the same as the current stands or does a person since then deserve to have a stand renamed after him?

3 hours ago, Moo said:

If we do build a new stadium, it will be interesting to see what the new stands will be called. Will they just call them the same as the current stands or does a person since then deserve to have a stand renamed after him?

I'll get in there before the Hibs bois with the 'Albert Kidd Stand'

Main Stand - Billy Steel,

Home end behind the goal - Bobby Cox,

Away end behind the goal - Bob Shankly,

Stand opposite the main stand- The Derry. 

Safe standing in a section of the Derry and behind the goal on the away end   

Anyway time to go and sit in the original Derry. Need something from today's game. 

7 hours ago, Yenitit said:

Main Stand - Billy Steel,

Home end behind the goal - Bobby Cox,

Away end behind the goal - Bob Shankly,

Stand opposite the main stand- The Derry. 

Safe standing in a section of the Derry and behind the goal on the away end   

Anyway time to go and sit in the original Derry. Need something from today's game. 

Good call that man - cracking shout on the Billy Steel stand too + the other three go without saying - I wonder if theres any way of them keeping some of "the features" of Dens and re-using them?

Good call that man - cracking shout on the Billy Steel stand too + the other three go without saying - I wonder if theres any way of them keeping some of "the features" of Dens and re-using them?

When the new stands went up - ( I just about shat myself when they showed the Hibs game that opened them and they said it was 18 years ago)- one of the Marrs said that the structures could just be taken down and moved to any new stadium location in the future, so I suppose that's a possibility. Better take my bricks with them whatever they do!

9 minutes ago, dd23 said:

When the new stands went up - ( I just about shat myself when they showed the Hibs game that opened them and they said it was 18 years ago)- one of the Marrs said that the structures could just be taken down and moved to any new stadium location in the future, so I suppose that's a possibility. Better take my bricks with them whatever they do!

This! Im going to write another email about my brick and keep you all informed!

I'd be absolutely delighted if we transported the BC and BS to the new stadium and built something on the sides in a similar vain with a tiered stand for the Main Stand/director's boxes etc and a standing section for the New Derry. It'd allow me to heal quicker.