All things Dundee FC

2 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

I'd be absolutely delighted if we transported the BC and BS to the new stadium and built something on the sides in a similar vain with a tiered stand for the Main Stand/director's boxes etc and a standing section for the New Derry. It'd allow me to heal quicker.

Think they could do it in one piece so we can all get a seat for the move?

Love that idea though, it'd be a great way to keep a big chunk of our 'recent' history (I remember when they were new too) - 18 years on though they might be a bit fooked by now...

Edited by locheedee

Reflecting on yesterday, think that could prove to be a very good point. Played okay and created chances in the other games to come away with nothing, so a scrappy point after a not great performance could be just the thing to allow us to kick on. 

International break has probably come at a good time for us with injuries and allow the team to regroup and hopefully get a body in upfront. 

I presumed when we signed Meekings he was ready to start since he has been with us for a good while getting fit n treated.

Good question.
We now have a pool of centre halfs that has 7 guys, 5 of whom are injured - McPake (alas unlikely to play again), Julien (out long term, perhaps six months), Gadzhalov ( playing back from injury), Meekings ( injured but hopefully coming back as well), O'Dea (hopefully close to being fit) and then the two youngsters Waddell and Hendry.
I have to say that those two have looked very good together despite their youth and have been pretty much mistake free. With Meekings and O'Dea fit at some point we look as if there is strength in depth there. I have no problem in Hendry and Waddell becoming the new Mcleish and Miller, or dare I say it, Hegarty and Narey, as I feel relatively comfortable with the two of them.
Oh that it were the same depth up front.

He certainly has been banging them in for Queens. A brace at Falkirk on Saturday. Although he's in his thirties he's good value for goals as there is inherent quality.

It was a hattrick, not a brace [emoji6]

If Stephen Dobbie wanted to play in the Scottish Premiership, he would currently be playing in the Scottish Premiership. There would have been no shortage of options before he opted to re-join QotS. It's quite clear that he wants to end his career there.

Exactly this. He's said it himself, he's playing for us because he loves the club, and knows he's adored by the fans.

2 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

It was a hattrick, not a brace emoji6.png

Thanks for the correction Die Hard Doonhammer, Last I heard before I teed off on Saturday was on Open all mics was that he had notched two.. apologies that I hadn't looked it up. I had enough worries about getting off the bottom of the league to be over interested in the Championship. As much as I enjoyed going round the grounds I prefer being up here.

I'm sure Dobbie will stay in Dumfries.