All things Dundee FC

Lets get it straight here - the quarter final tomorrow could have been a great chance to get a good crowd in and get behind the players.
As it is, the greedy board will have the home ends at a low number whilst cashing in on the away fans that hop on the bus from Lochee, Leuchars and Limerick.
It's not good enough i'm afraid and i don't blame anyone who isn't going to this one. The prices being put up from the cup derby is nothing short of a pisstake. 
A message to Nelms and co. If you're gonna bump c***s make sure it's not the Dundonian race cause we'll get you telt quicker than Bobby Williamson with a fish supper coupon.
Sitting in a tin-pot, atmosphereless, meaningless Camperdown stadium fills me with disgust aswell, but that's a story that will be kept for another hour.
The non deluded one is not pleased with the clubs descent into footalling modernity. It's fucking horrible to see.
Thank you.

From what I can see online there's around 2200 seats left in the home end. That's not bad for a midweek game which is live on tele. Would it have been a sellout if the tickets had been £20 a pop? IMO, no, I don't think it would have made much difference. I think, although people have kicked off about it, the board have got it right with the pricing. The home support will be at around the same level as it would have been at £20 and they get a bit of extra cash from the Celtic fans.

Let's put it in a little perspective, it costs £15 to go into Gayfield at the weekend. It's not cheap to run a football club.

From what I can see online there's around 2200 seats left in the home end. That's not bad for a midweek game which is live on tele. Would it have been a sellout if the tickets had been £20 a pop? IMO, no, I don't think it would have made much difference. I think, although people have kicked off about it, the board have got it right with the pricing. The home support will be at around the same level as it would have been at £20 and they get a bit of extra cash from the Celtic fans.

Let's put it in a little perspective, it costs £15 to go into Gayfield at the weekend. It's not cheap to run a football club.

An issue is that the online planner hasn't included unpurchased season ticket seats. This could be quite bad.

I remember having similar thoughts before our cup tie against Aberdeen a few years ago and we had only a few thousand in the home support that day.

Team for tonight? I'd go same as Saturday with Waddell in for O'Dea and McGowan in for Spence.

Harsh on Spence but I think McGowan will be really important since we will spend the majority of the game without the ball and he's better at that side of the game than Spence imo.

£26 well spent not....
I'd be terrified to see the possession stats for the second half. They are streets ahead in every department, but what pisses me off is I don't remember a single 50/50 ball that wasn't won by a Celtic player.

3 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

At least you guys gave them a game in the first half and looked up for it in the beginning.

We couldn't even manage to look interested at kick off against them in our league game.

Another unbeaten season domestically for the green bigots in all likelihood.

Exactly. 

Pointless getting annoyed by losing to them. Individuals might need to look at themselves performance wise but overall we are getting humped every time unless we are playing out of our skins and they have an off night.

Pretty much the same for them against the likes of PSG or us against the Arabs.

Makes the not the Old Firm game a possible giggling match though, unless you're a wife or partner of one of them of course.

Im willing to pay for El Bakhs flight ticket back to France, how many chances is he going to be given.
Complete passenger, and a waste of a shirt.

I'm afraid I'd have to agree with that, he'll score the odd wonder strike but apart from that seems to offer less than zero, perpetually caught in possession or just giving it away. About the most entertaining thing this evening was the bloke going absolutely mental about him in the main stand.

15 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

At least you guys gave them a game in the first half and looked up for it in the beginning.

We couldn't even manage to look interested at kick off against them in our league game.

Another unbeaten season domestically for the green bigots in all likelihood.

Pretty much going to be a yawnfest. The only positive is that they'll absolutely skelp the **** a couple of times at least this season, which is always good for a laugh.

I can only remember us having two clear cut chances but both should have resulted in a goal.  A-Jay was one on one with the keeper and if you are not fast enough to get away from Scott Brown you should be staying behind each day for sprint training.   As for El Bak's miss - simply not good enough.  I genuinely can't think of a worse miss against Celtic at Dens.

Edited by Shadow Play