All things Dundee FC

8 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

The owners are businessmen and I get that their priorities will be the money making potential of the new arena, for themselves and for the club.  But as fans you'll only get this opportunity once to influence things as after it's built you're stuck with the outcome.

Like most of us, your bread and butter won't be title clinchers, relegation deciders v your city rivals, or Rolling Stones concerts.. it'll be routine league matches against Accies, Motherwell, Ross County, Partick Thistle etc etc in front of 6000 or so.

Your argument would hold more weight if it wasn't for the fact McDairmid was 67% empty against Partick this season. That would be the equivalent of 4950 in a 15000 seated arena. Was McDairmid soulless at the Partick game?

They aren't, the costs of getting the equipment/licenses and disposal services are huge for that industry.

Didn't realise you were a crematorium expert?

Either that or you just make up sh*te to sound clever, when in fact you are just a boring b**tard!

Didn't realise you were a crematorium expert?

Either that or you just make up sh*te to sound clever, when in fact you are just a boring b**tard!

Most businesses in Perth are owned by a group of folk who all know each other, so things like incomes and earnings aren't particularly hard to find. There's some who seem fairly successful who have absolutely eye watering amounts of debt.

27 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Your argument would hold more weight if it wasn't for the fact McDairmid was 67% empty against Partick this season. That would be the equivalent of 4950 in a 15000 seated arena. Was McDairmid soulless at the Partick game?

McDiarmid is always soulless. Which way are you arguing?

Because the majority of the stadium sits empty most weeks, which will happen if you build a 15000 seater.

Fwiw you should be building an 8000-10000 stadium with a standing section behind a goal, all the stands steep and right on top of the pitch.

22 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I've maybe picked you up wrong, sorry in advance but I don't think McDairmid is soulless and it's 1 of the grounds I'll always go to when we're there. . He's debating that a 15000 seated stadium would be soulless with the crowds we get against the likes of Partick but it's the same % wise as  his club had against them this season.  I'm merely asking if McDairmid was soulless for this game in his opinion. 

If you're meaning am I for or against our move I'm for it although I'd prefer a stadium of 13500 capacity. 7500 home support, 6000 away support. Will an extra 1500 seats make a massive difference, I doubt it 

Edited by Yenitit

9 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Because the majority of the stadium sits empty most weeks, which will happen if you build a 15000 seater.

Fwiw you should be building an 8000-10000 stadium with a standing section behind a goal, all the stands steep and right on top of the pitch.

Pish. We get double your crowds but should build a smaller stadium than yours , aye ok then :thumsup2

El Bakh drives me mad. I want him to absolutely smash this league but he smashes like 9/10 chances over/wide. He's so frustrating.

I'm fully supportive of the royal Salopian despite his links to the team that play at legoland.

Thank you.

1 minute ago, Girth said:

El Bakh drives me mad. I want him to absolutely smash this league but he smashes like 9/10 chances over/wide. He's so frustrating.

I'm fully supportive of the royal Salopian despite his links to the team that play at legoland.

Thank you.

El Bak boils meh piss. Lost count in the last 2 games where he's broken up counterattacks because he's played the ball behind a team mate  instead of in front of them. Oh and thon fuckin miss on Wednesday :shutup

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

No, no we really shouldn't. That'd make zero sense.

Worth noting our pitch was absolutely obliterated last time we hosted a concert and it wasn't right until we dug the whole thing up and started again.

All the talk of concerts had me wondering this. Obviously our groundsmen are supermen as we have the best pitch in the world. But part of me worries that Nelms will go plastic. I have no idea if it would also get fucked during a concert, but it seems like a way to save money regardless. I could be wrong though. I'm no expert on cutting grass.

Pish. We get double your crowds but should build a smaller stadium than yours , aye ok then :thumsup2

Our stadium is too big for us, making the same mistake purely because you might host a concert once every few months seems mad. I suspect the ego of the fans wouldn't accept a smaller stadium though, despite the fact it could potentially be one of the best in the country if it was done right.

Atmosphere attracts more fans than stadium size.

No, no we really shouldn't. That'd make zero sense.

Not to me. Make it one of the best atmospheres in the country, young lads look at German games these days where there's singing sections behind goals and they sing for 90 minutes, and they want to replicate it. Give them a chance to do that and youve swallowed up the youth of Dundee to support your club. Enter a shell of a stadium Kilmarnock style, and have a bad season in a half empty Lego stadium, and the atmosphere will be abysmal and folk will turn away.

All the talk of concerts had me wondering this. Obviously our groundsmen are supermen as we have the best pitch in the world. But part of me worries that Nelms will go plastic. I have no idea if it would also get fucked during a concert, but it seems like a way to save money regardless. I could be wrong though. I'm no expert on cutting grass.

No idea about plastic, Falkirk fans would. But that would mean talking to them at the same time as talking to me, which doesn't sound a great thing.

I actually agree with this. Anyone who thinks a 15,000 seater won't sit empty for 99% of the time is having them self on. Build it small, fill it each week, and make it as atmospheric as possible.