All things Dundee FC

My old man gave me two places for corporate Hospitality through Mcewan Fraser Legal. Was for Dens, The Fruit bowl down the road, Inverness or Motherwell.
Obviously I've opted for the Dundee option. I've heard the hospitality is pretty good. Am I right in thinking that?
Thank you.

Yes, yes it is. Have done hospo at various different grounds and Dens was the best by far. Hoping to do a couple more this season

70c9d48ae02e8734a3ac53906a239e6e.jpg

There's something for you to hold on to. I'm sure knowing you had the youngest squad will be of massive comfort when you're staring relegation in the face, and we've breezed to another top 4 finish.

It's only the match day squad from one weekend they've counted. Our first team squad has an average of 26.6

My old man gave me two places for corporate Hospitality through Mcewan Fraser Legal. Was for Dens, The Fruit bowl down the road, Inverness or Motherwell.
Obviously I've opted for the Dundee option. I've heard the hospitality is pretty good. Am I right in thinking that?
Thank you.

I’d say it’s very good. Excellent in fact when you’ve just pumped the Perth conts and you’re at a table with 2 of the boring fuckers [emoji4]

It's only the match day squad from one weekend they've counted. Our first team squad has an average of 26.6

I had assumed it was players who have actually played this season but you could be right. Not gonna do the math but I'd guess not all St. Johnstone players in the first team squad have played so far this season.

I had assumed it was players who have actually played this season but you could be right. Not gonna do the math but I'd guess not all St. Johnstone players in the first team squad have played so far this season.

It's the exact age of our match day squad agaisnt you lot, for us anyway. And yeah, Zander Clark isn't counted amongst, which highlights the false nature of calling it the "average squad age".

Not particularly sure why having the youngest average is better than the oldest, tbh with you.

It's the exact age of our match day squad agaisnt you lot, for us anyway. And yeah, Zander Clark isn't counted amongst, which highlights the false nature of calling it the "average squad age".

Not particularly sure why having the youngest average is better than the oldest, tbh with you.

I didn't say it was better. Found it interesting that we had the youngest. Never even made a comment about it.

I didn't say it was better. Found it interesting that we had the youngest. Never even made a comment about it.

A young squad has potential. An old squad, particularly when your core of decent players is very old, means one thing - YOU’RE FUCKED [emoji4][emoji4][emoji4]

I wasn't talking about you specifically, sorry. Just seems like Dundee fans, and previously Motherwell fans, were very excited about having a "young squad", as if it means something. Players at our level rarely play for clubs for more than 4-5 years regardless, so a 27yo is more value than an 18yo, in some respects.

A young squad has potential. An old squad, particularly when your core of decent players is very old, means one thing - YOU’RE FUCKED [emoji4][emoji4][emoji4]

Assuming you're on about us, but you said this about four years ago when Mannus, Mackay, Wright, Millar and MacLean were all hitting thirty, boldly telling us we'd be fucked within a few years.

Here we are again. Clark, Shaughnessy, Davidson, Wotherspoon and Scougall all under 30 just now. That looks like being our next "core", and that's if you ignore the likes of Jason Kerr who's impressing in the league below, and Gregor Donald who's rated as one of the brightest prospects in U17 football.

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I wasn't talking about you specifically, sorry. Just seems like Dundee fans, and previously Motherwell fans, were very excited about having a "young squad", as if it means something. Players at our level rarely play for clubs for more than 4-5 years regardless, so a 27yo is more value than an 18yo, in some respects.

I was thinking about the age of our squad recently, and how Scottish football has changed in this regard. It used to be everyone got excited about a young squad cos it was building a team that could develop and be around for a good few years.

As you say, nowadays players don't stay that long with a club, and a younger player playing first team regularly is likely to be pimped round no mark English clubs or bigger Scottish clubs when his contract is nearly up.

Unless it's an exceptional young player who will make the club a tidy sum, for clubs like us a journeyman who's had a few moves already and is in his late 20's, seems to be the way to go in terms of consistency and building a team.

I was thinking about the age of our squad recently, and how Scottish football has changed in this regard. It used to be everyone got excited about a young squad cos it was building a team that could develop and be around for a good few years.
As you say, nowadays players don't stay that long with a club, and a younger player playing first team regularly is likely to be pimped round no mark English clubs or bigger Scottish clubs when his contract is nearly up.
Unless it's an exceptional young player who will make the club a tidy sum, for clubs like us a journeyman who's had a few moves already and is in his late 20's, seems to be the way to go in terms of consistency and building a team.

a8e4ec8bbfb68d719a985bd48376a53a.gif

20 minutes ago, JP THE DEE said:

The boy McCrorie plays 1 game for Rangers called up to the Scotland u/21s SHOCK no place for Kerr Waddell.

Ffs, yeah McCrorie had a good game on saturday but given he's had 1 first team appearance so far what are they basing their decision on?

Other than the shitey shade of blue he's wearing obviously...