All things Dundee FC

35 minutes ago, srw said:

Our defenders wouldnt walk into most sides, our midfielders cant score to stop chances against them, and our strikers couldnt scores in a brothel with a bundle of £100 notes. 

Its absolutely shyte supporting us, it really is.

Whats the next excuse, refs? squad too big? trying too hard?  The truth is, we have a poor manager, and not very good players.

Pretty much. I was just looking at McCann's record, in 23 games he's managed 3 clean sheets. One last season against Killie and 2 this season against Buckie Thistle and Cowdenbeath. Arguably the best winning performance this season was against a United side who are in the Championship.

I get that there's the whole "he's Derried oot his nut" narrative but given he actively left the club once his interim stint finished then it's surely a legitimate question as to whether he wanted the job. Right now he looks like what he is...a wholly inexperienced coach in his first management role. He sounds like someone who's playing at being a manager. He's got an idea of how he wants his side to play but doesn't have the experience or ability to implement it. There's absolutely no evidence that he even knows how to set up a team to shitfest their way to a win either.

His Goals per Game For is: 1.17 and GPG Against is: 1.69. The GD for the 23 games in charge is -12. If it's the case that Dundee do indeed have good individuals then the issue is squarely the fault of the manager and an inability to set his side up. Speaking from a Motherwell point of view, last season in 26 games under McGhee our GD was -23, in the remaining 12 games under Robinson (with exactly the same squad) his GD was 0.

From an outsider's point of view I can't help but think that an experienced manager, who actually knew what the f**k he was doing wouldn't be getting bodied 3-1 by a 10 man Accies with a squad that includes Bain, Kerr, Meekings, Hendry, McGowan, Kamara, Holt etc.

Killie's BoD realised very early on they'd made a huge mistake giving McCulloch the job but given how invested Dundee's board seem to be in McCann I'd be surprised if they'd have the same sort of perspective especially given McCann walked away and they actively pursued him again after the shambles around Jack Ross. 

Edited by capt_oats

He didn't exactly get given a chance with us. What do you remember of him when playing for us ?
Maybe he will do good when he comes back . Better than what we have that's for sure. Only player right now we have on our books who probably has a bit of confidence.

He was always injured. If he's had a good run of games at Derry, which I assume he has due to the awards, then I would take him back and give him another chance

41 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Pretty much. I was just looking at McCann's record, in 23 games he's managed 3 clean sheets. One last season against Killie and 2 this season against Buckie Thistle and Cowdenbeath. Arguably the best winning performance this season was against a United side who are in the Championship.

I get that there's the whole "he's Derried oot his nut" narrative but given he actively left the club once his interim stint finished then it's surely a legitimate question as to whether he wanted the job. Right now he looks like what he is...a wholly inexperienced coach in his first management role. He sounds like someone who's playing at being a manager. He's got an idea of how he wants his side to play but doesn't have the experience or ability to implement it. There's absolutely no evidence that he even knows how to set up a team to shitfest their way to a win either.

His Goals per Game For is: 1.17 and GPG Against is: 1.69. The GD for the 23 games in charge is -12. If it's the case that Dundee do indeed have good individuals then the issue is squarely the fault of the manager and an inability to set his side up. Speaking from a Motherwell point of view, last season in 26 games under McGhee our GD was -23, in the remaining 12 games under Robinson (with exactly the same squad) his GD was 0.

From an outsider's point of view I can't help but think that an experienced manager, who actually knew what the f**k he was doing wouldn't be getting bodied 3-1 by a 10 man Accies with a squad that includes Bain, Kerr, Meekings, Hendry, McGowan, Kamara, Holt etc.

Killie's BoD realised very early on they'd made a huge mistake giving McCulloch the job but given how invested Dundee's board seem to be in McCann I'd be surprised if they'd have the same sort of perspective especially given McCann walked away and they actively pursued him again after the shambles around Jack Ross. 

Good post, hindsight is a great thing, but he would have been better off sticking to sky after he kept us up.

We should have kept up our pursuit of Jack Ross rather than instantly bending over for McCann when he finally decided he was interested. I was happy we got McCann at the time because if we had failed in getting Ross, the candidates available made McCann look like Mourinho.

If McCann was to go we'd be linked with some of the duds United currently are like: John Hughes, Alan Stubbs and Billy Reid. Then a few ex Dee legends like Duffy, Smith and Jocky. Then the likes of Knox since we approached him last time. It'd be fucking depressing if McCann doesn't turn this around as there's not a lot available right now.

1 hour ago, G_Man1985 said:

He didn't exactly get given a chance with us. What do you remember of him when playing for us ?
Maybe he will do good when he comes back . Better than what we have that's for sure. Only player right now we have on our books who probably has a bit of confidence.

Getting Demel sent off in the derby - that was a good laugh.

11 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

He was pretty laid back on the BBC Scotland interview.  Said he could sort it out with hard work.

I believed him.

On here acting the 'big-boy' cause his team beat Dumbarton.

Image result for morrissey gif

I (thankfully) wasn't there yesterday so obviously can't comment on that performance but 0 points from Partick Thistle, Motherwell and Hamilton is utterly disgusting. Shameful stuff.

Ask happy chappie - I think you can comment. Just read the Sunday Post report and fire away.

I'd say with a lot of questions about McCann that we've got to give him a chance to sort it out. All great managers make errors and are tested by how well they bounce back from it.

The expectation of finishing in the top six this season is unreasonable with how much turnover we've had, even if we have spent good money. If we stay up and have something resembling an actual football side that can be a force next season, I'm happy with that.

To me we have Kamara, Hendry and Waddell signed up and they all show the signs that indicate they could be brilliant players at this level. Get a wee bit of cohesion and the team well drilled and seeing this out could give us a reasonable side.

5 minutes ago, harry94 said:

All great managers make errors and are tested by how well they bounce back from it.

We have McCann not Mourinho.

Id settle for a decent manager, let alone great.