All things Dundee FC

Seeing as the big teams are having a break just now and it’s a bit quite I thought I’d share this with the best bunch of fans on P&B.

Came across this ticket while sorting out my dad’s files.  His memory isn’t so good these days and he can’t remember anything about the match but written on the back of the ticket are what I assume are the names of Dundee players that night:  Hill, Scott, Gill, Gerrie,  Pottillo, Boyd, Cowie, Gallacher, Irvine, Gollan, Brown. 

Any price to watch Dundee is a bargain but reckon 1/6 is hard to beat.

CDBBE0B0-992F-49E6-AF64-F09C56658F35.jpeg

14 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Seeing as the big teams are having a break just now and it’s a bit quite I thought I’d share this with the best bunch of fans on P&B.

Came across this ticket while sorting out my dad’s files.  His memory isn’t so good these days and he can’t remember anything about the match but written on the back of the ticket are what I assume are the names of Dundee players that night:  Hill, Scott, Gill, Gerrie,  Pottillo, Boyd, Cowie, Gallacher, Irvine, Gollan, Brown. 

Any price to watch Dundee is a bargain but reckon 1/6 is hard to beat.

CDBBE0B0-992F-49E6-AF64-F09C56658F35.jpeg

Nice bit of memorabilia Shadow, its in good nick as well.

2 minutes ago, Aufc said:

You banging on about that hamilton fan being obsessed with dundee yet every time you come in here you are all talking about your rivals across the road...

It's not obsession, it's because we all like a good old laugh. Thank you.

On the subject of memorabilia here’s 1 from my collection - issue 13 of The Dee Fanzine ‘Eh Mind O Gillie - 856cfca9adb0f0e0ef35b51aa4aa3236.jpg

On the left is presumably my lottery numbers.

Inside there are critiques of our players performances from the 92/93 season including one of this young man -

2a1b7012043b55b9ec8034427748dbad.jpg

WTF happened to Max Christie.

Some more from the collection and I’d completely forgotten about this ‘other’ Fanzine -

96dda2c346df264470deb7327118bb81.jpg

And I’ve blanked out this ‘legal eagles’ name - who knows him, which club did we sign him from, which other player came in the same deal and who did we sell to fund the whole thing?

6e0338aa15167579aa8430271dfc244d.jpg

Some more from the collection and I’d completely forgotten about this ‘other’ Fanzine -

And I’ve blanked out this ‘legal eagles’ name - who knows him, which club did we sign him from, which other player came in the same deal and who did we sell to fund the whole thing?

It’s Gerry Britton. I don’t know the other answers though.

17 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

You can go right off people Spud.  Why did you have to bring that up. :lol:  The memory of selling Billy Dodds to St Johnstone is still raw :lol:

Shaw was the other player was it not?

You can go right off people Spud.  Why did you have to bring that up. :lol:  The memory of selling Billy Dodds to St Johnstone is still raw :lol:
Shaw was the other player was it not?

Is the correct answer! To be fair Geordie Shaw and Gerry Britton were a pretty decent double act.

That Britton and Shaw deal was mental, we were in a relegation scrap with you (and lots of others as 3 were going down that season as the league went from 12 ->10) yet sold our two first choice strikers to you. Can't remember who we bought with the proceeds but it wasn't anyone good.

Edit: not quite the same this year but if I woke up tomorrow and we'd sold Doolan and ... well actually we don't have another decent striker so the comparison falls down but even if we sold Doolan to another team in the bottom 6 I'd be bewildered.

Edited by Fuctifano