All things Dundee FC

Players out of contract in the summer, here's my predictions (Not my personal suggestion):

Bain - Leave - Will sign permanently at Celtic.

Parish - Stay.

Malherbe - Leave.

Holt - Leave.

Aurtenexte - Leave.

Julen - Leave.

Gadzhalov - Leave.

Kusunga - Stay

Low - Leave (Pretty much gone already)

O'Hara - Stay

Curran - Leave.

Spence - Stay.

I'd personally punt Spence and try and Jon (If we can't, then keep Holt - I'd like someone in there to provide more of a challenge if we're to kick on). I'd like to keep Gadz but not a chance there.

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

Players out of contract in the summer, here's my predictions (Not my personal suggestion):

Bain - Leave - Will sign permanently at Celtic.

Parish - Stay.

Malherbe - Leave.

Holt - Leave.

Aurtenexte - Leave.

Julen - Leave.

Gadzhalov - Leave.

Kusunga - Stay

Low - Leave (Pretty much gone already)

O'Hara - Stay

Curran - Leave.

Spence - Stay.

I'd personally punt Spence and try and Jon (If we can't, then keep Holt - I'd like someone in there to provide more of a challenge if we're to kick on). I'd like to keep Gadz but not a chance there.

I think you're probably spot on apart from maybe O'Hara who I could maybe see being tempted to go to League One even or League Two and maybe earn a bit more. Just always had a feeling he'll go at the first opportunity tbh and think his athleticism and goal return will have a few teams willing to take a punt at him.

Curran will be liked but I think is maybe just needing to toughen up. I think McCann might cut loose unless he can stake a claim until the end of the season.

Under contract, I think we'll see Kamara (unfortunately - heard rumblings of interest from abroad though), Wolters,  Haber and Faissal move on. I could see Hartley maybe coming in for O'Dea who could be good at that level but think there's a wee chance that he can show himself to be a decent player for next season and paying him a settlement to allow him to leave to a team who won't pay him as much does take money out of other wages.

tbh, add four players to next seasons squad and I think we could be good if the signings are right. I don't think we require massive turnover again if we can have a decent finish to the season.

1 hour ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Nice one, you did a post without whining and whinging.

Pity you couldnt post without being a bellend though.

Do you want my autograph, or are you happy stalking me?

55 minutes ago, srw said:

Pity you couldnt post without being a bellend though.

Do you want my autograph, or are you happy stalking me?

Stalking you... in the Dundee thread. What the f**k?! :lol:

Anyways... do we benefit any from winning the SPFL Development league? Do we get some cash/have an U21's European adventure (Not really serious with that!) or is it just a badge of honour? First time in my lifetime that we've had a youth side to crow about. Jimmy Boyle is doing some job.

14 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Anyways... do we benefit any from winning the SPFL Development league? Do we get some cash/have an U21's European adventure (Not really serious with that!) or is it just a badge of honour?

Given that County won it last year (first club outside the OF and Edinburgh clubs to win that equivalent league in decades) and didn't make the Project Brave top table, it's hardly even a badge of honour. 

9 minutes ago, Girth said:

Just watching the Hearts highlights - am I right (or severely disillusioned) in thinking that Moussa actually looked pretty useful? :unsure:

He's been quite useful for a wee while now, we're clearly a better team with him in it compares to the other options we have and have been for quite some time. It's just the whole never scoring thing which has been a huge problem but if Deacon gives him a bit of service, he can hopefully fix that.

Threw away any chance of competing at Pittodrie when we took him off at half time.

38 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

Excellent input. Really interesting post.

He's got a point, tbf. An article which contains no quotes, doesn't even mention the club apparently interested, and doesn't even say what country the clubs from, yet they apparently know the fee and the feelings of the directors. Just screams of someone on your board "spilling" a story they've just concocted.

13 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

He's got a point, tbf. An article which contains no quotes, doesn't even mention the club apparently interested, and doesn't even say what country the clubs from, yet they apparently know the fee and the feelings of the directors. Just screams of someone on your board "spilling" a story they've just concocted.

But....why?

I mean I get why the papers would want a story and massively exaggerate stuff but why would the club want to unsettle an important player on the 4th April? I highly doubt that we signed a player on the 8th of February with a view to flogging him in the Scandinavian window.