All things Dundee FC

2 minutes ago, ah-dee said:

back on topic, im unsure about the brechin game. hate friendlys as they are a waste of time but im miissing football!!!

Usually a good chance to have a look at new signings, but not much more than that, as it more a case of people getting a run out. I had been thinking of going to Arbroath to watch Aberdeen likely pummel Falkirk, but yeah, preseason games are often a frustrating beast at the best of times. 

2 minutes ago, ah-dee said:

back on topic, im unsure about the brechin game. hate friendlys as they are a waste of time but im miissing football!!!

In fairness no one doubts the quality of our squad but what I took from last year is a dire lack of confidence and fire power.

We have a new skeleton by seems and maybe a few friendlies is what this squad needs to get off to a fantastic high flying cup running top 4 season.

Mon the f***ing Dee!

5 hours ago, Aufc said:

My original post was on my phone and it did not show up. I was so incensed by a grown man getting his name on a football strip that i logged onto p&b on my computer for the first time in a long time just so I could ensure it was posted.

I assume this meets with your requirements?

I'm young enough to get one. But thanks for the update. Mon the Clydebank8)

I’ll not manage the Brechin game, tend not to bother with friendlies as they don’t give a good enough insight of how the team will play when the season starts. I do miss the football though, so might go to the Cowdenbeath game and see the Moose grab another hat trick!

That's in Polmont.. 

You sure about that [emoji848]

Her Majesty's Young Offenders Institution Polmont is the largest of its kind in Scotland. Despite its name, the institution is located in Reddingmuirhead in the Falkirk region, and not in Polmont.

2 minutes ago, PELE JNR said:

You sure about that emoji848.png

Her Majesty's Young Offenders Institution Polmont is the largest of its kind in Scotland. Despite its name, the institution is located in Reddingmuirhead in the Falkirk region, and not in Polmont.

Key word being region.. Polmont it may not be, but it's certainly not Falkirk. Seperated by a canal and several other villages. About as much a part of falkirk as monifeith is part of Dundee. 

Key word being region.. Polmont it may not be, but it's certainly not Falkirk. Seperated by a canal and several other villages. About as much a part of falkirk as monifeith is part of Dundee. 

I’ve never heard of Monifeith?

Monifieth is definitely in Dundee however.

You said it was in Polmont. And no Monifieth is a stand alone village. IMG_0619.jpgIMG_0620.jpg

1 minute ago, Fifespud said:

I’ve never heard of Monifeith?

Monifieth is definitely in Dundee however.

It's in the electoral area, yes. Are you seriously claiming it's part of the city? 

It's in the Falkirk council electoral area which is 114 square miles. Not the same thing as being in Falkirk. At all. From memory it has Redding and Westquarter between it and anything you could accurately describe as Falkirk proper. 

Screenshot_20180628-220245.jpg

Just now, DeeBairn said:

It's in the Falkirk council electoral area which is 114 square miles. Not the same thing as being in Falkirk. At all. From memory it has Redding and Westquarter between it and anything you could accurately describe as Falkirk proper. 

Screenshot_20180628-220245.jpg

Right, Falkirk is shit Dundee is great, now f**k off.

3 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Right, Falkirk is shit Dundee is great, now f**k off.

I was talking about football, until you p***ks started it up again. I'll let you all get back to having f**k all to talk about. 

It's in the electoral area, yes. Are you seriously claiming it's part of the city? 

I think most folk do, though it is in Angus. It’s certainly physically attached to Dundee and therefore part of the Dundee Metropolitan area. Greater Dundee if you will [emoji51]