All things Dundee FC

22 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

The definition of laboured is done with great difficulty and effort. It wasn't that. 

I think we would all like to have seen us rip them apart and score a few more but just because we didn't doesn't mean it translates as laboured. We won't have an easier game all season. 

Comparing results to what other teams have done is not how football works I'm afraid or else it would all be a bit predictable. 

We scored with a misplaced cross, and a shot from McGowan that somehow went in. We may not have an easier game all season, which is a worry if that standard of performance is to be repeated.

Football is all about what other teams have done, for the most part, football is predictable, its why Barca, Celtic, Bayern, PSG, Juventus continually win leagues. Bigger teams, with better players tend to beat smaller teams, with lesser players. Sure random results happen, but not often.

As an aside, this team will endure a very poor season IMO. We dont have the players to compete for top 6, so it will be the usual struggle with Hamilton, Livi and St Mirren to avoid the drop, I have no confidence that McCann knows his best team, system or tactics yet, we are 4 men short of a competent squad. Oh the joys of supporting DFC.

3 minutes ago, srw said:

As an aside, this team will endure a very poor season IMO. We dont have the players to compete for top 6, so it will be the usual struggle with Hamilton, Livi and St Mirren to avoid the drop, I have no confidence that McCann knows his best team, system or tactics yet, we are 4 men short of a competent squad. Oh the joys of supporting DFC.

But look on the bright side, you'll see some tippy tappy football ffs.

Where would everyone’s preferred location be for Europe next season? I think Greece in July would be fantastic.

Somewhere easy to get to. My Hibee colleague is on 4 flights, a 2 hour bus ride, staying in a doss house and spending about a grand. At 2 zip down after 20 minutes on Thursday it wasn’t looking too smart.

I’m struggling to maintain the belief in Wighton tbh. Today he should have been a real stand out but he wasn’t. I also thought Mendy was very ineffectual.

To be fair the Brechin keeper had a couple of worldies and several other decent saves. On another day it could easily have been 5.

43 minutes ago, srw said:

We scored with a misplaced cross, and a shot from McGowan that somehow went in. We may not have an easier game all season, which is a worry if that standard of performance is to be repeated.

Football is all about what other teams have done, for the most part, football is predictable, its why Barca, Celtic, Bayern, PSG, Juventus continually win leagues. Bigger teams, with better players tend to beat smaller teams, with lesser players. Sure random results happen, but not often.

Criticising the goals is a new one. What type of goals would you have been happy with? Personally I would've liked one like Ibrahimovic's overhead kick against England and possibly a Van Basten for the other one.

How often have you seen a team lose heavily then go on and lose their next game heavily? Rarely. 

I'm not going full suicidal just yet until a few games into the season when I can properly judge where we are at. 

7 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Criticising the goals is a new one. What type of goals would you have been happy with? Personally I would've liked one like Ibrahimovic's overhead kick against England and possibly a Van Basten for the other one.

How often have you seen a team lose heavily then go on and lose their next game heavily? Rarely. 

I'm not going full suicidal just yet until a few games into the season when I can properly judge where we are at. 

Stating or analysing is not the same as criticising. 

Did you think the performance was good? 

Very few teams ate mugged by 7 week on week. We dominated possession scored a couple and won comfortably. Ticks all the boxes.

I doubt anyone here thinks this is a complete squad and we need an effective goal scorer from somewhere, but today was a job done kind of win.

43 minutes ago, Daydream said:

Where would everyone’s preferred location be for Europe next season? I think Greece in July would be fantastic.

f**k that with they forest fires. I’d probably prefer Portugal, not too fussy though. 

2 hours ago, srw said:

Do you ever have anything positive to say?

Still in the cup- 8 goals for 1 goal against. What more can you want at this stage?

We have not finished our signings yet for this season. Give the man a chance ffs!

3 hours ago, srw said:

That's me cheered right up.

3 hours ago, srw said:

Stating or analysing is not the same as criticising. 

Did you think the performance was good? 

Yes. Totally dominated the game and never looked in danger of conceding. 

I would've liked more goals and some breathtaking interplay but I'm a realist and I know it was an early season game with a few new faces. 

What was it that pissed you off about that victory today other than only scoring twice?

Edited by Dee Man

Seasons not even started and the squads incompetent and it’s going to be a terrible season with a manager who’s not got a clue what he’s doing.

Completely strolled it today with no concerns at all.

God help this thread when Dundee lose their first league game.