All things Dundee FC

3 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Surely, deep down,  McCann knows he’s making a right hash of it and will accept an extremely experienced player’s opinion.  McCann can’t be that arrogant / deluded / ignorant / stubborn *

* delete as appropriate 

I'm hoping coz they're 'mates' he might listen a bit more but McCann doesn't seem exactly have a track record of listening to anyone & neither does Miller so I can't see this going well

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

If anyone thinks McCann is going to listen to anyone, much less a roaster of Miller's proportions then they're kidding themselves. 

.......and there lies the problem with McCann.  Hartley was the same and look how things have ended for him.

Well personally I'm not that keen on 38 year old football players for this level, however he's kept himself in good condition which is obviously part genetics/part hard work. I admired his determination and commitment when playing for Scotland, hated him with a passion when we played against him, but that's partly to do with my hatred of the Old Firm.

Having said all of that if we can have him play a good positional game (right between the posts in the box) without having him run aboot like a daftie then he does know where the net is. Perhaps he'll be a good teacher for Kallman, Mendy, Wighton, Henvey, and Scott to learn from. I hope Miller sees himself as a potential mentor to our younger strikeforce. 

Also if this move means that I'll be seeing a lot less of that clumsy oaf Moussa this season then I'm all for it!

19 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

If anyone thinks McCann is going to listen to anyone, much less a roaster of Miller's proportions then they're kidding themselves. 

Prepare for everything that happens behind the scenes at Dens to be in The Sun and splashed all over Twitter then. 

He comes with absolutely massive baggage, has four league goals since the end of April 2017, and Livingston fans were complaining about him dropping deep/being nowhere near fit enough within the first game or two he played for them. 

A two year deal suggests your boards learned nothing. 

Edited by RandomGuy.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Prepare for everything that happens behind the scenes at Dens to be in The Sun and splashed all over Twitter then. 

He comes with absolutely massive baggage, has four league goals in the end of April 2017, and Livingston fans were complaining about him dropping deep/being nowhere near fit enough within the first game or two he played for them. 

A two year deal suggests your boards learned nothing. 

I don't blame our board whatsoever. They're naive perhaps, but I think it's commendable the way they back their managers. They show 100% faith at all times until the very end. 

Out of interest - do you think St Johnstone would be in a better or worse place if Brown succumbed to Wright's demands on a much more regular basis?

We should be laughing all the way to the bank if Hearts are offering 6 figures for Wighton. He's shown absolutely nothing. 

That being said, from the outside it makes the Miller deal look worse. Us offloading our main 'promising' youth and bringing in a 39 year old striker. 

3 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Wighton we get money for haha that be class.

Miller is a no for me.

This is becoming a joke.

Exactly what I was thinking. I think miller would be a bad deal but 2 years would be unacceptable. 

Tonights reading isn't very positive.

6 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

We should be laughing all the way to the bank if Hearts are offering 6 figures for Wighton. He's shown absolutely nothing. 

That being said, from the outside it makes the Miller deal look worse. Us offloading our main 'promising' youth and bringing in a 39 year old striker. 

Let's no prematurely age the man Ludo! He's only 38. 

Rumoured to be 250k for Wighton. Taxi for Wighton please. I love the guy for the 'goal' and he is a Dee through and through, but really haven't seen much out of him since he came back from injury. 

Is this Miller deal actually confirmed by the club? Or is the Sun just running a planted story in an effort to force St Mirren to come back in with a better offer?
Miller doesn’t seem like a typical McCann signing.
I’m sceptical.

If true, I’m horrified. An awful, awful waste of money.

25 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

If Kenny Miller is the answer I'm totally oblivious to what the question was. Thank you.

Well you lot seem oblivious to a lot things these days. Like signing players that can actually play. Kenny may or may not be the answer, but I definitely know that the answer isnt Mendy and a Tunisian mule nicknamed the Moose.

At least Kenny's registration papers should be straightforward.

Edited by CanadianDee