All things Dundee FC

I think getting six figures for Wighton is fantastic business.

Miller is a weird one. Livi fans saying he’s finished. However, I don’t think he’s a direct replacement for Wighton going AND no matter what he does, he’ll be better than Moussa.

I HOPE McCann will use the Wighton money to bring in a young striker and LB. If not, I fear the worst.

Thank you.

Just now, Girth said:

I think getting six figures for Wighton is fantastic business.

Miller is a weird one. Livi fans saying he’s finished. However, I don’t think he’s a direct replacement for Wighton going AND no matter what he does, he’ll be better than Moussa.

I HOPE McCann will use the Wighton money to bring in a young striker and LB. If not, I fear the worst.

Thank you.

Miller isn't finished; he still has a burst of speed about him and a good footballing brain. At Livingston his stamina was really called into question with him being bent double trying to catch breath in second half but stubbornly refused to substitute himself except for the Celtic game when it was all over anyway.

Working under a manager who pulls him off after 50 or so minutes might work; or use him as a second half substitute.

For his age the guy has exception stamina but even keep going for ever; dropping deep and then pushing up really knackered the guy. Likewise he was caught off-side more times than I can remember because he unable to even break into a jog to get back onside.

He might do a job for you guys; he still a good player and his personality can really fire things up.  Its difficult to imagine Kenny Miller ever giving up and will have no sympathy for any of his team mates that do. Just don't expect him to be a 90 minute player; either as a forward or a midfielder but not both..

32 minutes ago, harry94 said:

I'm not really too worried about it tbh. At Rangers, he was playing under orders with Morelos the main predator in the box. Years before, in his prime, Rangers had Boyd and Lafferty in the team and Miller was deployed deeper; when Boyd left, his scoring then picked up quite a bit as he was playing further forward again.

Livi fans were discussing this as well but there are a couple of reasons I'd take it with a pinch of salt. He's managing the team himself and any delusions about his own ability will be further amplified. No disrespect to Livi intended (they'll probably pump us) but they are a newly promoted team and I think he'll have likely been dropping deeper to try and add some vision in the last third given that their other forward they have been playing, Lee Miller, isn't the most mobile player to drop off and do that.

It's always a risk but if he can come in to the team and have an immediate impact while the rest of our players adapt to this level, it could work out as a very good signing. McCann has so far overinvested a bit in players (who I think look good naturally gifted footballers) who have never played at this sort of level regularly before so we need some experience in now to tide us over and help them out.

Even if he's not deployed as a prolific forward, we've got a player in Kallman who seems to be a poacher primarily. We play in a very unconventional indirect way with a gradual build up play that allows the opposition to defend in numbers and we don't really like hitting things across the box. If Miller just applies a bit more of direct play and some more aggression to our attacks, it could be worth quite a bit.

That's the way I see it, he might not be as helpful in 4 or 5 months but he's needed at the moment to change it up a bit.

1 hour ago, The Master said:

You might have something close to resembling a point if we were selling Wighton for £250k, and paying a fee for Miller (of more than £250k).

What do you think Miller's wages will amount to after two years? 

20 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Of course, with Wighton playing for free, this all makes sense! :rolleyes:

You think Wightons wage is comparable to what Miller will be getting? 

Fwiw £2k a week is just over £200k over two years, before bonuses. That's a fair whack for a 40 year old. 

Fwiw £2k a week is just over £200k over two years, before bonuses. That's a fair whack for a 40 year old. 
where have you pulled this £2k/week from?

2 hours ago, Widge said:

What will happen is Miller will drop deep into an already congested Dundee midfield and demand the ball from the likes of Mandianga and Kamara, despite being worse on the ball than them. Leaving the same issue of an isolated front man, unless of course he’s the sole striker in which case you’re effectively playing 4-6-0. He might poach a few goals, but he’s finished as a player despite whatever spin you want to put on the situation.

That’s pretty much my thoughts on his signing. Miller was a very good player in his day, but that’s a few years ago. 

9 minutes ago, ah-dee said:
15 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

where have you pulled this £2k/week from?

IMG_2152.GIF

54 minutes ago, ReturnOfTheMack said:

Is it too easy to make a joke about how everything about Miller is already orange as f**k?

Aye, but the tanman Derek Lyle laughs at King Kenny's lame attempts at tanning and teeth whitening. If Miller joins up he'll still be nowhere near challenging for tannest Scotsman ever to appear in a Dee side.

Lyle must have a sunbed in his hoose and a dental hygienist on retainer (no pun intended).

5 minutes ago, CanadianDee said:

Aye, but the tanman Derek Lyle laughs at King Kenny's lame attempts at tanning and teeth whitening. If Miller joins up he'll still be nowhere near challenging for tannest Scotsman ever to appear in a Dee side.

Lyle must have a sunbed in his hoose and a dental hygienist on retainer (no pun intended).

He'll no doubt be going round asking Madianga, Kamara, Kusunga and Elton for tanning tips.

Punbelievable.