All things Dundee FC

2 minutes ago, Dark Blue Dick said:

And I'm getting fed up hearing this 'good first half' pish. I counted 2 or 3 good chances for Hibs, and bugger all for us. Parish saving us big time on one occasion. It was only a matter of time before we lost that game, 

A lot of good sideways and backwards passes!  All that happens is when we eventually get into the final third the opposition have just about every man behind the ball and in the correct position to defend.

We rarely break with purpose.  Too often the player turns back on himself, slowing up the game.

6 minutes ago, Dark Blue Dick said:

I gave up and left the Coxy with about 3 minutes to go,  just before Hibs got the third. As I'm walking past the main stand, out comes Archie. I have no idea why he was at Dens today. 

Heard before that Archie is at quite a few of our games. Think he’s from the area and is a Dundee fan. 

And I'm getting fed up hearing this 'good first half' pish. I counted 2 or 3 good chances for Hibs, and bugger all for us. Parish saving us big time on one occasion. It was only a matter of time before we lost that game, 

I agree with you.

In other news the boy Inness looks pretty good imo.

On 21/09/2018 at 08:33, tree house tam said:

How long before we see Dees fighting Dees in the stands?

2 hours ago, DigOutYourSoul said:

Stewards had to get involved. Think someone told another to stop swearing infront of his kids and the swearer started on him and things got a bit nasty.

Not long then :lol: ?

How many points did Gretna get in 07/08? 
Half that and you'll get double Dundee's final tally.

I like this despite downing my 8th bottle of Chateau Feret Lambert Bordeaux Superieur... which incidentally is the name of our next signing from the 8th Division of the Kangaroo self storage league in Albania.

How many points did Gretna get in 07/08? 
Half that and you'll get double Dundee's final tally.

Presumably you mean after their ten point deduction for going into administration - as those extra points alone would be require another season of gormless showings from the Diddees.

Still, not to worry - ‘safe pair of hands’ Jim Duffy is on standby to revive his status as the Relegator of Scottish football.

5 minutes ago, kevthedee said:
1 hour ago, tree house tam said:
It's just the start, wait another month when McCann is still in the job....

The tay bridge will have a fucking line of people waiting to jump if that's the story

Surely the V&A isnae that bad?

The signing policy you’ve mentioned is the exact policy that has saw Hearts top of the league and in the quarter finals of the cup. It’s about knowing your stuff and be capable of spotting a good player that Levien clearly does. 
Personally I’d always go for the tried and trusted at this level whilst taking a couple of chances per year on players from abroad and down south. 
The coaching and tactics at 1st team level at our club appears to be horrendous now. Weeks later I still can’t get my head around McCann’s tactics against Aberdeen. He said on the radio they had the best wingers in the league and as a result his tactics were to set up the team in a narrow formation to restrict the ball getting out wide. Surely you put a man up against them rather than leaving them acres of space. 
McCann left the players hung out to dry at the final whistle today. Shaking the hands of the Hibs staff then head down and straight up the tunnel leaving the players to take the flack, which never materialised because I think most think it’s the tactics 1st and foremost that are horrendous. He simply has to be sacked over the weekend. 
i played to a reasonable standard and whenever up against quality wide men you put 1 up against either and had a holding midfielder (where i played) who could recognise which side the danger was at and doubled up on that winger making him ineffective. we dont do a fucking thing allowing opposition teams to rip us apart. forget any flair or ability to win we are ignoring the fundamentals of the game and that is inexcusable.

football is a relatively simple game. McCann is overcomplicating it. i remember being on a bad run when i played and the gaffer stripped us back to basics to get the enjoyment back. our lads dont look like they are enjoying their football and that is a major worry