All things Dundee FC

We went in 0-0. Lennon gave the lads a boot up the arse, sorted one or two things out, and they ripped us a new arsehole.

I actually don’t know how bad the players are but the playing style is a joke. The passing out from the back is total nonsense and it leads to no urgency. The odd time we got the ball up top there’s no c**t bursting a gut to get forward. 2 nil down, no subbies until Miller gets injured, then we bring on Mendy who is clearly the worst outfielder we signed in the Summer. Henvey who looks like a predator gets no chance. It’s fucking ridiculous.
playing it out from the back doesnt need to be done all the time. i cant remember he game but the other week aguero scored from city from a punt from ederson. he saw a chance was on and belted it straight up to aguero. our lads seem insisted on 5-10 yard passes and nothing else

He was punted by a Championship club last season so he'd need to have a brass fucking neck to think he could eye up an EPL job. 
It'd be audacious for us to try and even tempt him and I think he'd tell us to bolt. 
I have no reason to disbelieve the people saying Archie Knox was there today and he's who Nelms wanted in before McCann. 2+2 =5 but I'd be happy with Knox booting them up the arse. 
knox would be perfect. think hes well retired but we should ask the question. nothing to lose. i have first hand experience of knox and he would sort this squad right out! they would be well organised and disciplined

Well we've achieved it, lads. We are currently the worst team in all of Europe.

Edit: Just noticed the Chinese team. We are in fact currently the worst team in THE WORLD.

But no worries McCann. Just stick on that Man City documentary again.

image.png.e0698596a7610c8bbd8deb8dc88d06b5.png

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

3 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Well we've achieved it, lads. We are currently the worst team in all of Europe.

Edit: Just noticed the Chinese team. We are in fact currently the worst team in THE WORLD.

But no worries McCann. Just stick on that Man City documentary again.

image.png.e0698596a7610c8bbd8deb8dc88d06b5.png

Harsh - Guingamp have played a game less so their GD is better.  Come on you Bordeaux, give them a pummelling tonight to leave us as only the 2nd worst team in the world.

Neil McCann reminds me so much of Jackie McNamara it's actually quite scary, like a weird flashback. The squad doesn't look great to me, but I think a half decent manager would keep them up without too much bother, from the little I have seen.

Mind you, I thought that with United in 2016....

Worst team in Europe or the world or whatever you'd like I'm a dee.

If it comes to relegation oh well, Silverware next year. We have a board that is too forgiving but it's not a terrible thing either because when we get the right person they will have time to put all the wrongs right.

It has been time to let McCann go for a while now. His head is definitely not in it and I think it is much more work than he thought. Simply he is out of his depth. I'm still not worried just yet as I have great faith in the team just not the management.

Come on Dundee.

Guest gregteamdee
24 minutes ago, DigOutYourSoul said:

I think the fact that he’s not gone yet suggests he’ll be in charge for the Hamilton game.

The board would never sack him straight after the Hibs game, our board aren't trigger happy.  They want to be seen to be calm and composed, they have given McCann ample time  however this can't be excused; 18 defeats at home, 39 points from a possible 135 points to play for, 11 league wins as manager, 8 wins since January which includes, Brechin, ICT and Stirling in the cup, it is unacceptable. Plus you have fallouts with players to add on, heavy defeats too Ayr, County and St Johnstone.  

It has been a disaster of an appointment. It worked for 5 games and should of ended after the 5 games.  

If anything happens to McCann it will be later on today if not Monday morning.  

Edited by gregteamdee

30 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Mental stuff.

If we lose against Hamilton is that a new record he has for Dundee?

By my count if he loses to Accies next week that will be his 50th league game in charge and he'll have lost exactly 60% of them (if he loses).

As it stands his league record is: 

P 49 W 13 D 7 L 29 F 43 A 80 GD -37 Pts 46 = 0.93 PPG
Win % = 26.5%
Loss % = 59.1%

Averaging less than a point a game, scoring less than a goal per game (0.87) and conceding 1.63 goals per game.

I see that's McCann's overall win % is now the same as Hartley's when he got his jotters (33.33%). McCann doesn't even have the credibility of a promotion and Top 6 on his CV either.

Even his overall record (including cup games etc) means he's lost more than half his games (52.3%): P 63 W 21 D 9 L 33 F 63 A 94 GD -31

For a bit of context, Martin Canning's lost 49% of his games at Accies.

No matter how you slice it, looking at those numbers it's pretty mental that McCann's still in a job.

For all the talk about him having a "philosophy" the elephant in the room around McCann as far as I can see is that he simply doesn't seem to be a very good coach. It's all very well having an idea of how you'd like the game to be played but whether it's tiki-taka, gegenpressing or route-one, agricultural hoofball if you don't actually have the skillset to implement it and get buy in from the players then you're fucked.

Edited by capt_oats