All things Dundee FC

Watching the Scottish Sixes and it was completely bizarre to see John Gibson step into the Wales goal as a substitute for the injured Paul Jones.

Even more bizarre hearing him described as, 'former Dundee hero'.

Edited by Ludo*1

Would anyone have Cammy Bell as a keeper? I'm just wanting a rumour now that isn't an ex-County player.
yes i probably would just now. i alao think there must be plans for a celtic player coming in on loan if c.miller has been sent back. doesn't make sense otherwise as his wages cant have been very big. who though?
Curran being on the bench for Utd today and stoating across the road right after the game to sign for Dundee is peak Scottish fitba. 
he was probably wearing his utd trackies under the table in that signing picture

20 minutes ago, ah-dee said:

yes i probably would just now. i alao think there must be plans for a celtic player coming in on loan if c.miller has been sent back. doesn't make sense otherwise as his wages cant have been very big. who though? he was probably wearing his utd trackies under the table in that signing picture

Mulumbu or Hendry please. 

19 minutes ago, ah-dee said:

yes i probably would just now. i alao think there must be plans for a celtic player coming in on loan if c.miller has been sent back. doesn't make sense otherwise as his wages cant have been very big. who though?

Is that necessarily the case though? The rule is that you can only have one player on loan from a team in the same division,

57 Subject to Regulations 60, a Club shall not, at any one time, have more than:-
(i) one Player League Registered with it on the basis of a Temporary Transfer from any one other Club for the time being eligible to participate in the same Division as itself;

Link - page 123.

By sending Miller back McIntyre's opening up his options to loan from any team in the league not just Celtic. Specifically it'd also allow you to loan someone in from Rangers as part of an agreement for Kamara leaving early.

Our starting 11 at present under McIntyre's so far, preferred 4-4-1-1 formation:

Hamilton

Kerr            O'Dea                            Kusunga            Ralph

J. Curran             McGowan          Woods          Deacon?

C. Curran
                                               Miller.

Sorry if that doesn't come out correctly formatted. Only reason I'm posting this, is because I'm gonna bump this come January 31st/Feb 1st and see how different our expected starting 11 will look. I'd imagine and hope, quite a bit. Desperately need a new goalkeeper, at least one CH, one CM, 2 wingers and another striker IMO.

Link - page 123.
By sending Miller back McIntyre's opening up his options to loan from any team in the league not just Celtic. Specifically it'd also allow you to loan someone in from Rangers as part of an agreement for Kamara leaving early.

thanks for that information as i thought it was only one player from each club.

Our starting 11 at present under McIntyre's so far, preferred 4-4-1-1 formation:
                                       Hamilton

Kerr            O'Dea                            Kusunga            Ralph

J. Curran             McGowan          Woods          Deacon?

C. Curran
                                               Miller.
Sorry if that doesn't come out correctly formatted. Only reason I'm posting this, is because I'm gonna bump this come January 31st/Feb 1st and see how different our expected starting 11 will look. I'd imagine and hope, quite a bit. Desperately need a new goalkeeper, at least one CH, one CM, 2 wingers and another striker IMO.
cover at LB as well.

4 minutes ago, ah-dee said:

thanks for that information as i thought it was only one player from each club.

Nah, if you think about last season you had Allan on loan from Celtic then after he bailed in January you brought in Murray from Hibs.

Edited by capt_oats

8 hours ago, capt_oats said:

Is that necessarily the case though? The rule is that you can only have one player on loan from a team in the same division,

Link - page 123.

Nah, you're reading that rule that wrong, mate. 

One player per club, not per division. 

We currently have Edwards from Hearts, Rodgers from Aberdeen and Hodson from Rangers all on loan. 

Wish we had none of them right enough. 

8 hours ago, capt_oats said:

Nah, if you think about last season you had Allan on loan from Celtic then after he bailed in January you brought in Murray from Hibs.

Again, Allan bailed in January so they could keep Jack Hendry on loan after they sold him to Celtic. 

6 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Again, Allan bailed in January so they could keep Jack Hendry on loan after they sold him to Celtic. 

Na. Hendry went to Celtic in January and didn't stay on loan. Allan bailed as he told McCann he wanted to go as soon as he knew Hibs were interested. A 3-way deal meant we got Simon Murray from Hibs with Allan going in the opposite direction and Scott Bain going to Celtic on loan. 

1 minute ago, Dee Man said:

Na. Hendry went to Celtic in January and didn't stay on loan. Allan bailed as he told McCann he wanted to go as soon as he knew Hibs were interested. A 3-way deal meant we got Simon Murray from Hibs with Allan going in the opposite direction and Scott Bain going to Celtic on loan. 

Ah, apologies. I thought Hendry stayed on with you guys.

Point still stands though that it's one loan per club in same division, not one per league.

Just now, djchapsticks said:

Ah, apologies. I thought Hendry stayed on with you guys.

Point still stands though that it's one loan per club in same division, not one per league.

Aye, I was thinking that capt_oats example didn't prove anything. Allan couldn't wait to GTF and McCann said he didn't want players like that around. 

11 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Would anyone have Cammy Bell as a keeper? I'm just wanting a rumour now that isn't an ex-County player.

I asked Thistle fans about him a few days ago and they feedback wasn't great. Apparently he's gotten huge and is happy just collecting his wage.

Andrew Davies would be a bizarre signing, he could barely walk the last time I saw him play, and County fans were constantly talking about him being finished well before he eventually left. There's at least some logic in Curran.

Just seen you've given Curran a 2.5yr deal :lol:

Edited by RandomGuy.

37 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Nah, you're reading that rule that wrong, mate. 

One player per club, not per division. 

We currently have Edwards from Hearts, Rodgers from Aberdeen and Hodson from Rangers all on loan. 

Wish we had none of them right enough. 

19 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Aye, I was thinking that capt_oats example didn't prove anything. Allan couldn't wait to GTF and McCann said he didn't want players like that around. 

I put my hands up and stand well and truly corrected on that.

I asked Thistle fans about him a few days ago and they feedback wasn't great. Apparently he's gotten huge and is happy just collecting his wage.
Andrew Davies would be a bizarre signing, he could barely walk the last time I saw him play, and County fans were constantly talking about him being finished well before he eventually left. There's at least some logic in Curran.
Just seen you've given Curran a 2.5yr deal :lol:

We’ve basically taken over his contract from United who gave him 3 years at the start of the season. Considering he wasn’t starting they must be delighted. I’d have much preferred a loan with an option to buy in the summer.

17 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

We’ve basically taken over his contract from United who gave him 3 years at the start of the season. Considering he wasn’t starting they must be delighted. I’d have much preferred a loan with an option to buy in the summer.

Yes, seems a bit silly to be tied to him for so long, as I'm not convinced you'll have McIntyre that long.

Suppose it shows his desperation to get Curran, and how far your board are willing to back him, but it doesn't show any lessons have been learned.