All things Dundee FC

8 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

4-3-3 vs. Arbroath.

Kerr, McGhee, Meekings, Marshall

McGowan, Dorrans, Robertson

Nelson, Hemmings, Johnson

Watch us get mauled, one counter-attack at a time.

I'd arguably say that's our best team. It's controversial, but our wide players provide f**k all. Worth a go.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

I feel for McPake. We've often needed a great motivator instead of a great tactician. Typical that he's built a squad that doesn't need a motivator but instead a great tactician.

This is the point where WGS needs to step in and help the boy oot.

3 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

This is the point where WGS needs to step in and help the boy oot.

Would McPake listen?

Hartley, McCann and McIntyre definitely didn’t appear the type to listen to others.  Listening to their post match interviews they very rarely acknowledged the serious mistakes they were making.  I’m not convinced McPake is any different.

I’d suggest Nelms should take a game and have some serious discussions with McPake.  Nelms has repeatedly tried the ultra loyal approach with managers in the past and it simply hasn’t worked.  

4 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Would McPake listen?

Hartley, McCann and McIntyre definitely didn’t appear the type to listen to others.  Listening to their post match interviews they very rarely acknowledged the serious mistakes they were making.  I’m not convinced McPake is any different.

I’d suggest Nelms should take a game and have some serious discussions with McPake.  Nelms has repeatedly tried the ultra loyal approach with managers in the past and it simply hasn’t worked.  

What makes you say this? It was him that iniated the discussions with Strachan before Nelms even spoke to him, asking for his advice on certain things. He's certainly not stubbornly stuck to one formation either, we've changed about 4 times. McPake, every week, throws the team under the bus when they've underperformed but unlike McCann or McIntyre, seems to take an unnecessary amount of the blame and heap even more pressure on himself at times.

I think he's too much the opposite of those 3 if anything!

Any team with Meetings in it should be rejected by the SFA for it being a joke.

McGhee is the best defender, by miles, actually light years. Kerr was once tipped for a Scotland call up, his regression has been pretty shocking, Forster is possibly the worst defender who has had a run in the team for a long time (obviously discounting Meetings) and I'm not sure why Marshall is so well praised, Holt is a far better left back IMO.

So our defence has one player in it, braw.

Edited by srw

Just now, Granny Danger said:

Asked and answered.  

What’s the goal tally for Hemmings so far this season?

You know the answer to this.

Are you calling him a female's name because you think that's a way of calling him shite and you're an old sexist dick?

No need to answer that one, as I know the answer to that.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

You know the answer to this.

Are you calling him a female's name because you think that's a way of calling him shite and you're an old sexist dick?

No need to answer that one, as I know the answer to that.

I have many faults; sexism is not one of them.  I do it because it winds up simpletons like you.

Still looking for the goal tally.

8 minutes ago, srw said:

Any team with Meetings in it should be rejected by the SFA for it being a joke.

McGhee is the best defender, by miles, actually light years. Kerr was once tipped for a Scotland call up, his regression has been pretty shocking, Forster is possibly the worst defender who has had a run in the team for a long time (obviously discounting Meetings) and I'm not sure why Marshall is so well praised, Holt is a far better left back IMO.

So our defence has one player in it, braw.

We still have Mackie....

tenor.gif

6 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I have many faults; sexism is not one of them.  I do it because it winds up simpletons like you.

Still looking for the goal tally.

Come on now Granny, I would have thought a man of your age would know the difference between the terms Sexy and Sexism.

Remember Jamie Ness? f**k sake. I already forgot about him. A fit Ness and a fit Dorrans is sexual in CM with Hemmings up top. If we can't get creativity out of that long term then we deserve everything we get.

9 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Still fully behind McPake, but if things don't work out come a season or 2 from now, eh want Dick Campbell. There's a goddamn motivator.

We need someone that rhymes with Docky. So that they are as hard as a stone. We equally need someone that rhymes with Socky. So that they are comfortable with the club as a sock is on a foot.

Can't think of anyone.