All things Dundee FC

1 hour ago, tree house tam said:

:lol:

if you Dundonians weren't complete shitehawks with bets I'd be having a field day. 

St Johnstone FC,  still Taysides number one lads.

You’re still the only Tayside team in the Premiership.  Do you think that will be the case come the end of the season?

Don't get me wrong, I think your stint in the top division is a credit to all at your club but that time might soon be past.

On the plus side if that happens you can rest assured that there is absolutely no one on P&B who will give you a hard time about it.

3 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

You’re still the only Tayside team in the Premiership.  Do you think that will be the case come the end of the season?

Don't get me wrong, I think your stint in the top division is a credit to all at your club but that time might soon be past.

On the plus side if that happens you can rest assured that there is absolutely no one on P&B who will give you a hard time about it.

Please, feel free to discuss this...

...literally anywhere else.

5 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

What might be fucking hilarious is if we both pass St Johnstone on the way up with them heading doon. #Utility. 

tenor-1.gif

Edited by johnnydun

31 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Agreed.
Simple terms we have been shite.
Our midfield is awful.
They don't help the strikers and they dont help the defence.
We have one decent defender ( McGhee) who in reality if we had at right back we would need two central defenders.
Strikers on paper look decent but right now no point mentioning since we cant get ball to them or if we do it just gets punted way past.
We have experience in Jimmy Nicholl and even if he has nothing to do we first team we are still giving Gordon Strachan a wage.

The Americans have certainly backed the club with money regarding bringing in players however overall it's been a complete fail , so much so we are struggling in more or less every game this season.
Everyone on here knows I was the most negative person on here ( I still can be ) but instead i find it easier to just laugh at us , just find it all pathetic right now sadly.

Would desperately take a play off finish but even after last night i kinda felt just please dont finish in a bottom half play off.

Buck lands at the board.

Youre above Arbroath. What is it Dundee fans actually want.

Simple question. Will you finish in playoffs ? Yes or no?

The worst part about this season so far is it's basically one 'telt' after another from United. We couldn't get a goal past Morton, and fiveheid has 2 in 5 minutes. At least we might be in a playoff spot by the day's end.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

5 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

The worst part about this season so far is it's basically one 'telt' after another from United. We couldn't get a goal past Morton, and fiveheid has 2 in 5 minutes. At least we might be in a playoff spot by the day's end.

The worst thing for me is that I genuinely  don’t think Shankland would be scoring freely if he was playing for us.  That is a measure of how far off the pace we are.

3 minutes ago, RawB93 said:

Both of them with teams that are 3+ years in the making.

Something our fans seem to forget.

Exactly. Our full team has barely been together for 2 months, we need to be patient as this squad comes together. Nobody having any patience is the real problem.

1 minute ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Exactly. Our full team has barely been together for 2 months, we need to be patient as this squad comes together. Nobody having any patience is the real problem.

It was this that led us to our last almost decade long stint down here.

11 minutes ago, RawB93 said:

Both of them with teams that are 3+ years in the making.

Something our fans seem to forget.

Are we really saying that we have to wait a season or two before we can see at least some decent performances in this league, even against the poorer teams?  

McCall (it’s still his players) and Neilson know this division.  Nelms chose a manager who does not.  McPake chose an assistant who does not.  

I’m not convinced that when Nelms appointed McPake he was happy and willing to wait three seasons before we had any real chance of mounting a challenge in this league.  Particularly given how much financial backing McPake has clearly been given.

1 minute ago, Shadow Play said:

Are we really saying that we have to wait a season or two before we can see at least some decent performances in this league, even against the poorer teams?  

McCall (it’s still his players) and Neilson know this division.  Nelms chose a manager who does not.  McPake chose an assistant who does not.  

I’m not convinced that when Nelms appointed McPake he was happy and willing to wait three seasons before we had any real chance of mounting a challenge in this league.  Particularly given how much financial backing McPake has clearly been given.

He didn't say we have to wait 3 seasons, he just pointed out that did. Hopefully things gel asap, but there's not point whining and moaning about it right now. I state once more, it only September and people want wholesale changes. I see that mindset as redundant and unhelpful.