All things Dundee FC

2 minutes ago, Dele said:

"not a go at anyone here, more elsewhere" I read as if folk on here had been saying it but you weren't pulling them up. I must admit I haven't seen any mentions of it over on TDB or Twitter either though. 

If folk are being serious then they need their heads checked. 

As an aside - was McGhee involved with Scotland under Strachan? 

Fair enough - there's one person mentioning it multiple times on the McPake poll thread and there was another on one of the other threads but can't seem to find it now.

McGhee was Strachan's assistant. Will McGhee still need to serve his 6 game touchline ban?

Looking through Strachan's Scotland connections, Tony Doherty and Callum Davidson were also involved.

3 minutes ago, Juantwothree said:

He was assistant to Strachan, the plot thickens 

That's a bit of a downer. I kind of hoped he was under McLeish. 

(Now you all have the vision of McLeish shagging McGhee in your head. Enjoy your Saturday nights). 

Edited by Dele

2 minutes ago, srw said:

Strachan wouldn’t be like that, he is a very experienced, strong minded guy, he wouldn’t need McGhee before taking a job. Not a chance of that being the case IMO. 

No he wouldn't need him, but they're mates. And if McPake (going strictly off of rumours because it's fun) has resigned then I doubt Nicholl would be long behind him.

If Strachan agreed to take us on (And that's a massive if), I wouldn't mind the idea of McGhee as assistant. I would also like if Nelms is ever to have the crazy idea to appoint another rookie, for him to be appointed as Strachan's first team coach or something along those lines  (So that Strachan can groom him into management material) before essentially throwing him into the mix like he's done with McPake and McCann.

At the fourth time of asking John Nelms, please get it right this time!  Some of us out here actually care, however patience is running very thin.

First things first, dismiss James McPake and Jimmy Nicholl, whilst indirectly admitting you made a horse's arse of it, yet again unfortunately. 

Mark McGhee however is not the answer. Use your acquired business acumen, the knowledge within and outwith the club and choose wisely.

Scant regards to any further mediocrity.