All things Dundee FC

Forget Mark McGhee for goodness sake, that would just be Gordon Strachan scratching his arse instead of his head.

Prior to appointing Jack Ross, Hibernian spoke to Nathan Jones (who had a vastly superior pedigree in English football) who had recently been dismissed at Stoke City.

This feller took over Luton Town in 2016 whilst they were relegation certainties from League Two, then left for Stoke in January this year with Luton Town by that time having been promoted to League One and promotion certainties to the Championship. They clinched promotion several months later with his assistant at the helm, with his team. 

Unfortunately for him he couldn't arrest the cancer that still exists at Stoke City.   (Wife's team, hence the eye-popping knowledge)

Tell you what, probably cost a bit more than the site apprentice, however would be the best appointment since Archie Knox!!!

Agree with Dele, get James McPake out the club completely.

Best regards  

Edit,  Mark McGhee's last two managerial appointments, Barnet and Eastbourne Borough FFS!!!!! 

Edited by This Charming Man

I'm Barry Smith's biggest fan, but there's been one too many shouts for him to take charge even on a temporary basis. Now that Jocky's too old, he's slotting into the Jocky - Duffy cycle. 

That's not a go at anyone on here more elsewhere. Smith was brilliant for us and our manager of the decade for me, but he's since proven he's not management material not even whilst we advertise the job.

However, if it's a choice between him, McPake and McGhee? Then serious questions would need to be asked of Nelms' ambitions for us.

13 minutes ago, Big Gus said:

Certainly used to be the business but unless you've been in a tenner ecto induced buckle for about 20 years, she's "filled out" considerably and even the annoying "techno techno techno" bloke has sacked her off for a younger front woman for the "retro 90s" gig.

To be fair she could never dance worth a f**k anyway. Not the best, when you're a dance act...

Tbf Gus I was on about back in the day! Tribal Dance was a bit of a highlight iirc. 😍

Edited by Yenitit

I'm Barry Smith's biggest fan, but there's been one too many shouts for him to take charge even on a temporary basis. Now that Jocky's too old, he's slotting into the Jocky - Duffy cycle. 
That's not a go at anyone on here more elsewhere. Smith was brilliant for us and our manager of the decade for me, but he's since proven he's not management material not even whilst we advertise the job.
However, if it's a choice between him, McPake and McGhee? Then serious questions would need to be asked of Nelms' ambitions for us.

Barry Smith would be one million times worse than McGhee. A simply awful manager.

These alleged bust up rumours are pointing to a bust up between McPake and the players rather than a more general player bust up. This combined with the fantastic news that Mark McGhee has been approached sounds ominous.

I'm out of energy with Dundee. Normally I'd be raging about something like this, but I just don't care. Anyone else feeling the same?

Edited by Ludo*1

5 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Am I the only one that has a dislike for Barry Smith?

Absolutely not. An over rated fraud. 

Lovely guy though. 

4 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

Barry Smith would be one million times worse than McGhee. A simply awful manager.

There hasn't been a single call for it here. No idea what Ludo is on about. 

Tbf Gus I was on about back in the day! Tribal Dance was a bit of a highlight iirc. [emoji7]
All their music is in some way iconic and it can't have been easy to dance in bacofoil tits. They just came along at the right time after the Belgians and Italians had pretty much nailed the, at the time, new "techno pop banger" sound

They'd lost it at "Tribal Dance" for me, also, a bit racist, in hindsight.

3 minutes ago, Dele said:

Absolutely not. An over rated fraud. 

Lovely guy though. 

There hasn't been a single call for it here. No idea what Ludo is on about. 

Knew this would be a post mentioning me so I read it, as I stated in the post, it's not from here. On TDB there's been a couple of mentions likewise on social media.

4 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Knew this would be a post mentioning me so I read it, as I stated in the post, it's not from here. On TDB there's been a couple of mentions likewise on social media.

"not a go at anyone here, more elsewhere" I read as if folk on here had been saying it but you weren't pulling them up. I must admit I haven't seen any mentions of it over on TDB or Twitter either though. 

If folk are being serious then they need their heads checked. 

As an aside - was McGhee involved with Scotland under Strachan? 

8 minutes ago, Big Gus said:

All their music is in some way iconic and it can't have been easy to dance in bacofoil tits. They just came along at the right time after the Belgians and Italians had pretty much nailed the, at the time, new "techno pop banger" sound

They'd lost it at "Tribal Dance" for me, also, a bit racist, in hindsight.

You’re looking to in-depth into your music. I was more a fan of watching their videos!

1 minute ago, SweeperDee said:

Who doesn’t like coke?

Prefer Dr Pepper myself.

1 minute ago, Dele said:

Yep, was his assistant for 4 years. Good mates supposedly, which means it's happening because we're becoming one big boys' club. f**k it all.

"not a go at anyone here, more elsewhere" I read as if folk on here had been saying it but you weren't pulling them up. I must admit I haven't seen any mentions of it over on TDB or Twitter either though. 
Yes

2 minutes ago, Dele said:

He was assistant to Strachan, the plot thickens