All things Dundee FC

I just always got the feeling Hemmings wasn't as happy this time round. He had to work harder (and he did) to create opportunities without Stewart, probably on less money than what he could get elsewhere. Wouldn't be surprised if it force's him to move on.

That would leave us with Nelson, although I like Nelson's work rate, he is not a loan striker and because we can't afford any players just now, we will probably pick up a free agent or a couple of loans upfront for next season.

Before any Hearts fans say it...

Cue Nelms using his one free striker pick from Celtic.

I just always got the feeling Hemmings wasn't as happy this time round. He had to work harder (and he did) to create opportunities without Stewart, probably on less money than what he could get elsewhere. Wouldn't be surprised if it force's him to move on.
That would leave us with Nelson, although I like Nelson's work rate, he is not a loan striker and because we can't afford any players just now, we will probably pick up a free agent or a couple of loans upfront for next season.
Before any Hearts fans say it...
Cue Nelms using his one free striker pick from Celtic.
Getting Griffiths on loan would cause an astonishing level of cranial detachment within the ranks of diets [emoji23]

15 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

If Hemmings goes, we're back to not scoring ever next season. Cool.

Spot-on Ross, arguably the last player you'd want to see leave Dens at this time.

Could maybe utilise big Jack up front, proven to be quite proficient at assists and creating goals, lol.

Regards

As gutted as I’d be at losing Hemmings, I can’t blame him and quite frankly I’d just be delighted that everyone else has stayed on. Say what you like about some (I’d be the first to change the locks before Byrne or Ness comes back) but next season is going to be all about scraping together whatever team you can find and some clubs are basically starting from scratch.

Even hearts can’t not win this league and after that the best team will probably be the one with the fewest players lost. If we only lose one player (2 including Berra), albeit a strong one, from the team that finished 3rd last year, I’d be confident of a good season. If we can get a decent replacement striker, centre back or preferably both then we would be in with a shout of winning a play off. Guessing both might not be possible financially but even without them we should still have a solid squad.

Well at least if Hemmings does go, we can make one, maybe two signings to plug the holes. Question is though, is there anyone who you'd trust to get the club more goals than Kano could? I can't think of anyone, since the Pars have snatched the striker I've wanted 2 years in a row now. It's a crap state of affairs, but at least all the other players showed some humility and made the sacrifice for the club, which will be remembered.

2 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Well at least if Hemmings does go, we can make one, maybe two signings to plug the holes. Question is though, is there anyone who you'd trust to get the club more goals than Kano could? I can't think of anyone, since the Pars have snatched the striker I've wanted 2 years in a row now. It's a crap state of affairs, but at least all the other players showed some humility and made the sacrifice for the club, which will be remembered.

Hemmings isn't replaceable. He wasn't replaceable when we lost him when we were a top 6 side in the top flight and we won't be able to replace him if he goes this time either. Just hope someone can slot in and make it mean that it's not the absolute disaster that it was last time round.

11 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Hemmings isn't replaceable. He wasn't replaceable when we lost him when we were a top 6 side in the top flight and we won't be able to replace him if he goes this time either. Just hope someone can slot in and make it mean that it's not the absolute disaster that it was last time round.

Of course he is, every player is. Apart from first time round, this season his goal scoring has been as good as Peaso, MAC, Milne and Lyle all before him. 

Just now, johnnydun said:

Of course he is, every player is. Apart from first time round, this season his goal scoring has been as good as Peaso, MAC, Milne and Lyle all before him. 

I'd say that was more due to style of play opposed to his finishing ability.

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

Danny Mullen would be the likely target you'd imagine.

That's the name in my head. As I said previously, I'd have had O'Hara, but those jammy Pars b*****ds...

Mullen would be no Hemmings. People who only look at the basic stats wouldn't think about how much effort Kano had to put in for most of the season with the lack of support he's had.

2 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Ludo's point being that we haven't found another striker of that calibre since his first departure, and I'll be surprised if we do if he goes again.

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I'd say that was more due to style of play opposed to his finishing ability.

Then McPake just has to change the teams style of play, we have a strong enough midfield to create with 2 upfront instead of having a loan striker hold everything up.

1 minute ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Ludo's point being that we haven't found another striker of that calibre since his first departure, and I'll be surprised if we do if he goes again.

That includes himself this time. Hemmings was not just a solo effort first time round Stewart put everything on a plate for him. 

12 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Then McPake just has to change the teams style of play, we have a strong enough midfield to create with 2 upfront instead of having a loan striker hold everything up.

That includes himself this time. Hemmings was not just a solo effort first time round Stewart put everything on a plate for him. 

I don't think we do. We tried 2 up top under McPake and he couldn't get it working hence how Hemmings had to be deployed as the solo figure up top.