All things Dundee FC

5 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Correct, excels at the rest. The exact basic requirements.  Would you agree?

Yes, but that's nothing to do with your point and as I say, Speroni didn't exactly fit the basic criteria that's a 'must' either despite being one of the best keepers in Scotland during his stint.

Hamilton didn't have to be dominant in the box - there was nothing for him to claim. He bailed us out with several decent saves and one top class save from a one on one. As I've said, he's not a keeper I want to be our first choice keeper, but to say his performance was anything less than very good today is judging the player rather than the performance. We've already agreed to disagree.

Do you feel a need to have the last word on this subject? If so, by all means.

Edited by Ludo*1

3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Yes, but that's nothing to do with your point and as I say, Speroni didn't exactly fit the basic criteria that's a 'must' either despite being one of the best keepers in Scotland during his stint.

Hamilton didn't have to be dominant in the box - there was nothing for him to claim. He bailed us out with several decent saves and one top class save from a one on one. As I've said, he's not a keeper I want to be our first choice keeper, but to say his performance was anything less than very good today is judging the player rather than the performance. We've already agreed to disagree.

Do you feel a need to have the last word on this subject? If so, by all means.

See my previous post about Speroni. You  said yourself originally he was less than very good. 

2 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

See my previous post about Speroni. You  said yourself originally he was less than very good. 

So smaller than the 6'2 Jack Hamilton?

Source: The very reliable transfermarkt. https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/jack-hamilton/profil/spieler/111830

2 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

FFS you actually sound disappointed Hamilton didn't have a bad game emoji23.png

That’s like saying I hoped Shankland missed his penalty the other night 😂

I just think the guys brutal and we’re wasting our time until he’s replaced. I genuinely hope he ends up excelling at the club because hopefully that means the club does well but it ain’t happening. 

3 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

1m 78 isn’t 6ft 2 unless there’s about a dozen Courier’s tucked under his feet!

Clearly never clicked the link. He's 1.90m.

1.78m is the striker Jack Hamilton that plays for Livi.

Are you trying to say our keeper is 5ft 8? Ffs. 😂

The problem with Jack Hamilton is that history has shown us that he can't go any more than about 6 games without making an absolute c**t of it at some point and you know it's only a matter of time before he does it again. 

I don't know about anyone else but I don't enjoy the nervous sensation every time the ball goes near him. I'll give him his due if he has a good game and I'll be ecstatic if he goes through the full season with no more than 2 monumental clusterfucks but I don't hold out much hope if I'm being honest.

I sincerely hope he proves me wrong. 

complaining about a keepers distribution...[emoji1787]i couldnt give a f**k if he shanked every passback into the stands his job is to keep the fucking ball out the net....there is a reason boys become keepers..they aint very good with the ball at their feet 
In the old days maybe. These days keepers arent expected to aimlessly shank a ball out of play on a regular basis...it immediately gives your opposition posession and the chance to attack, probably inside your own half.