All things Dundee FC

1 minute ago, G_Man1985 said:

So do we have 2 players on trial or has someone made it up? 

Would like to think we are looking at a new goalkeeper. A defender would be nice also. 

Supposedly we have a goalkeeper and a defender on trial, funnily enough.

2 hours ago, Spikethedee said:

If this is true, then the really annoying thing is that surely he didn't only just realise over the last few weeks that we needed a new keeper, so why not look for one before the season started??? If he did only just realise over the last few weeks, then he's even worse than we imagined...

The guy who claims about the trialist is about the worst there is for head in the sand posts that his only reason for being like that is he’s got a contact pretty high up at the club and more than likely correct. 

30 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Lol what if it was Thomas Konrad?

I'd be quite happy with that. Can someone PM him on Facebook please? 

I'd ask for the Tank back anaw but Underground is closed so there's absolutely nae danger of that one. 

2 hours ago, harry94 said:

Fontaine was announced as having his contract terminated two days after the deadline. Unless they processed the paperwork earlier or there's a workaround where we can treat him like a loan player until Jan, he wouldn't be eligible to sign.

Honestly, if you guys are seriously considering Fontaine, it suggests the chairman (or whoever) hasn't learned a thing from Andrew Davies.  Fontaine is slower, less adept on the ball, and more injury prone.  If he signs, he'll play about twelve games (which I realise is about 12 more than Davies, but still).  McIntyre would have been rightly derided for signing Fontaine.  

1 minute ago, Yenitit said:

The guy who claims about the trialist is about the worst there is for head in the sand posts that his only reason for being like that is he’s got a contact pretty high up at the club and more than likely correct. 

I've actually come to appreciate Cobra's postings. I always attempt to look on the bright side or have a joke at our own expense to give off the appearance that I'm not absolutely fucking raging at what's going on but Cobra must have primary access to some amazing acid. The guy is always on cloud 9 regarding Dundee. 

1 minute ago, Mr. Alli said:

I've actually come to appreciate Cobra's postings. I always attempt to look on the bright side or have a joke at our own expense to give off the appearance that I'm not absolutely fucking raging at what's going on but Cobra must have primary access to some amazing acid. The guy is always on cloud 9 regarding Dundee. 

It's not Cobra. It's Reverend Lovejoy.

On that point though, Cobra is just on another plane of optimism that I couldn't get to.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

6 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Cobra’s in the top 3 with the GIF guy and Lovejoy, who I thought posted about the trialist for head in the sand stuff. I only read that site every so often because it’s that infuriating when we are absolutely stinking the place out but they think it’s a positive and apparently our club is only looking to get in the top 4 and consolidate 😡 guff like that holds the club back. 

Edited by Yenitit

4 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

I had to stop reading that place. They're the type of people that get excited about Scotland being given 2 Champions League places as it gives Dundee a better chance of qualifying.

9 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Honestly, if you guys are seriously considering Fontaine, it suggests the chairman (or whoever) hasn't learned a thing from Andrew Davies.  Fontaine is slower, less adept on the ball, and more injury prone.  If he signs, he'll play about twelve games (which I realise is about 12 more than Davies, but still).  McIntyre would have been rightly derided for signing Fontaine.  

More injury prone than Davies you say?

Steam Community :: :: oh fuck

2 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

I had to stop reading that place. They're the type of people that get excited about Scotland being given 2 Champions League places as it gives Dundee a better chance of qualifying.

:lol:

I remember folk wanting Celtic to win as it got Dundee an extra £250k and would "make us more competitive". Completely ignoring the fact everybody got extra money, especially Celtic who got about £20m. 

6 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

TBF we should at least be winning the group stages of the Champions League. We are just slightly under that par right now, a new keeper should bring us to our Champions league knock out stages.

4 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

:lol:

I remember folk wanting Celtic to win as it got Dundee an extra £250k and would "make us more competitive". Completely ignoring the fact everybody got extra money, especially Celtic who got about £20m. 

Where is this place people post on? I guess i am glad we dont seem to have many fanny's who have came over from these forums that are getting spoken of.

8 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

TBF we should at least be winning the group stages of the Champions League. We are just slightly under that par right now, a new keeper should bring us to our Champions league knock out stages.

If we can go to places like Alloa on a mild, foggy night and come away with a point then anything is possible. Last 8 is a push tho.