All things Dundee FC

3 points off 9th and only 1 game in hand over the team currently in 9th. Out of the play-offs and even if we won our 2 games in hand over 2nd, we'd still be a point behind.

Zero clean sheets in 9.

A massive budget in comparison to clubs around us. We have a first team squad of 26 players - a massive squad at this level. Granted some of them are youth, but I've only included players we've given a first team game to this season and omitted the likes of Lyall Cameron & Josh Mulligan who are supplementing the squad.

Charlie Adam & Jason Cummings in the side and likely on very good wages for a side like us.

Excuse, after excuse has been given for McPake. I like the guy, I love his passion for the club, I'd be happy for him to stay involved with us, but he will never, ever make a first team manager. We've went over his record before and it's only beaten in a negative sense, statistically, by Jim McIntyre & Alan Kernaghan.

Lopsided formations, 1 winger in the squad, McGowan utilised as the other for the past 5 month.

We can't defend the indefensible. It needs to end. I'm honestly not trying to be negative. If you're familiar with my posting over the years, I tend to be overly supportive of managers even in the dying embers of their Dundee career. I don't want to be a sacking club and we very clearly aren't, but decisions need made.

Yet again Tim Keyes' money is being thrown down the drain. How long will he want to continue that sort of investment with this sort of return? I get Nelms' reluctance to sack a man he's put a good 6-7 year of faith, money and friendship into. It's hard being in that position but that's why you're being paid the big bucks by Keyes.

I honestly reckon man for man, we've got a squad of players that could rival a disappointing Hearts side this season. We're currently being held back and the buck stops at the manager. 5 wins in 14 league games is nowhere near good enough. He's had his rookie season to learn from mistakes. He's not taken advantage of that grace period. It needs to end.

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

To be fair, he done the exact same to Craig Gordon a week before.

9 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Makes it even worse then. 

Exactly Yenitit.  A half decent management / coaching team would ensure Hamilton was fully aware of this.  Then again a half decent goalkeeper that even half cared about his reputation would make the effort himself.  Absolutely disgusting lack of effort by all involved.

McPake doesn’t love this club.  If he did he’d have walked away a long, long time ago.  Anyone who thinks McPake does love the club is as deluded as Nelms is.

3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

3 points off 9th and only 1 game in hand over the team currently in 9th. Out of the play-offs and even if we won our 2 games in hand over 2nd, we'd still be a point behind.

Zero clean sheets in 9.

A massive budget in comparison to clubs around us. We have a first team squad of 26 players - a massive squad at this level. Granted some of them are youth, but I've only included players we've given a first team game to this season and omitted the likes of Lyall Cameron & Josh Mulligan who are supplementing the squad.

Charlie Adam & Jason Cummings in the side and likely on very good wages for a side like us.

Excuse, after excuse has been given for McPake. I like the guy, I love his passion for the club, I'd be happy for him to stay involved with us, but he will never, ever make a first team manager. We've went over his record before and it's only beaten in a negative sense, statistically, by Jim McIntyre & Alan Kernaghan.

Lopsided formations, 1 winger in the squad, McGowan utilised as the other for the past 5 month.

We can't defend the indefensible. It needs to end. I'm honestly not trying to be negative. If you're familiar with my posting over the years, I tend to be overly supportive of managers even in the dying embers of their Dundee career. I don't want to be a sacking club and we very clearly aren't, but decisions need made.

Yet again Tim Keyes' money is being thrown down the drain. How long will he want to continue that sort of investment with this sort of return? I get Nelms' reluctance to sack a man he's put a good 6-7 year of faith, money and friendship into. It's hard being in that position but that's why you're being paid the big bucks by Keyes.

I honestly reckon man for man, we've got a squad of players that could rival a disappointing Hearts side this season. We're currently being held back and the buck stops at the manager. 5 wins in 14 league games is nowhere near good enough. He's had his rookie season to learn from mistakes. He's not taken advantage of that grace period. It needs to end.

tenor-1.gif

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

Zero clean sheets in 9.

I think you’re spot on Ludo and I was exactly like you until the appointment of McIntyre and now McPake. I was forever the optimist when it came to our club. Backing the manager’s against the odds and the players but there comes a point where you have to accept an appointment or signing is shite and the inevitable has to happen before the club kicks on. Found out McPake around about November of his 1st season in charge. He’s clueless, he isn’t learning from his mistakes and costing us and the owners big time. How the f**k can Hamilton for example after 2 and a half years with around half a dozen decent games still be our number 1 for example. 

6 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Exactly Yenitit.  A half decent management / coaching team would ensure Hamilton was fully aware of this.  Then again a half decent goalkeeper that even half cared about his reputation would make the effort himself.  Absolutely disgusting lack of effort by all involved.

McPake doesn’t love this club.  If he did he’d have walked away a long, long time ago.  Anyone who thinks McPake does love the club is as deluded as Nelms is.

Surely a keeper checks on these things especially if the last game the opponents played was on free to view tv 🤦🏻‍♂️

I don’t fall for this loving our club one little bit. I’m a bit warey of this and think it’s probably his best tactical decision he’s made to get the gullible onside thinking our club’s his club. 

He needs to go but as RossB keeps saying he won’t be punted. What’s the fuckin point as Mixu says. 

6 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

A decent manager wouldn't have signed Ashcroft. 

Correct. Or Mullen or play Hamilton or play Adam on the left, or take off Byrne who helps protect the defence or play Gowser as a striker or plays Gowser as a winger or build the team around Gowser or plays Kerr centre midfield....I could go on and on but I’ll run out of battery. Only got 48% left. 

3 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Surely a keeper checks on these things especially if the last game the opponents played was on free to view tv 🤦🏻‍♂️

I don’t fall for this loving our club one little bit. I’m a bit warey of this and think it’s probably his best tactical decision he’s made to get the gullible onside thinking our club’s his club. 

He needs to go but as RossB keeps saying he won’t be punted. What’s the fuckin point as Mixu says. 

It wasnt. Top research :) 

5 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Is this not the same way we managed to get a previous manager sacked? Or is this some acid induced flashback I had?

Edit; It was maybe the Billy Dodds thing?

We definitely stopped Billy Dodds being appointed via that method.

Even then, he had his secretary send out stock replies!

With that result, we're now back on track for our 3rd worst PPG in the Championship ever (1.43 as it stands), only above the 2008-09 season (1.39) and the infamous 2005-06 season (1.19). McPake's Championship winning percentage down to 39%, only higher than Stainroad, Chisholm and Kernaghan, and has managed more Championship games than all 3 of them, which makes it even worse imo.

A few posters have highlighted how our displeasure at this increasingly alarming and embarrassing situation would be clearer if crowds were present in the stadium.

I'm not overly convinced, how often is John Nelms actually present on match-day?

An announced boycott of a home match stream to raise awareness of fan displeasure would appear to be only option available to assist with James McPake's removal.

If Nelms' retains the current inept manager for next season, we WILL be relegated to League One. We're currently only 3 points above the relegation play-off after 14 games this season!

Continue as is, we are fvcked.

2 minutes ago, This Charming Man said:

A few posters have highlighted how our displeasure at this increasingly alarming and embarrassing situation would be clearer if crowds were present in the stadium.

I'm not overly convinced, how often is John Nelms actually present on match-day?

An announced boycott of a home match stream to raise awareness of fan displeasure would appear to be only option available to assist with James McPake's removal.

If Nelms' retains the current inept manager for next season, we WILL be relegated to League One. We're currently only 3 points above the relegation play-off after 14 games this season!

Continue as is, we are fvcked.

I'm not one for boycott's mate. It's very Rangursy/Heartsy.

But I do agree, something needs done.