All things Dundee FC

47 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Surely a keeper checks on these things especially if the last game the opponents played was on free to view tv 🤦🏻‍♂️

I don’t fall for this loving our club one little bit. I’m a bit warey of this and think it’s probably his best tactical decision he’s made to get the gullible onside thinking our club’s his club. 

He needs to go but as RossB keeps saying he won’t be punted. What’s the fuckin point as Mixu says. 

Exactly.

Name ONE club that was even thinking of appointing McPake.  Not one club was because they would judge him on his ability or at the very least his potential ability.  Nelms fell for the fact he thought McPake loved the club and that he was hard working - and the fact he was the cheapest option!  Even if those two attributes were true it takes much more than that to be the manager of a club the size of Dundee.

McPake must be laughing himself to sleep each night.  Laughing even more than he did with the reporter after the Arbroath debacle  before he realised they had gone live!

3 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Exactly.

Name ONE club that was even thinking of appointing McPake.  Not one club was because they would judge him on his ability or at the very least his potential ability.  Nelms fell for the fact he thought McPake loved the club and that he was hard working - and the fact he was the cheapest option!  Even if those two attributes were true it takes much more than that to be the manager of a club the size of Dundee.

McPake must be laughing himself to sleep each night.  Laughing even more than he did with the reporter after the Arbroath debacle  before he realised they had gone live!

McPake was absolutely fine in his role as U18 manager. He'd been doing a decent job, was respected by the club and fans. It's not his fault he accepts the first team manager's job when he should never have been offered it.

I don't buy that Nelms went for the cheapest option because it was cheap either! He's happy squandering Keyes' money at other times. He just wanted to appoint the guy he'd put so much time, money and faith into.

It's mad. We were pursuing Jack Ross, until Neil McCann made a u-turn and we were pursuing Jim Goodwin until McPake had a Dundee side put in a decent display on the last day of the season against St Mirren. So close to possible decent-ness yet so far!

56 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

We are asked to pay for season tickets with no entry.

We are asked to give to the Foundation.

We are asked to pay to watch the stream.

It's about time they gave us something back.

You might need to back them in league 1 next season

4 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

McPake was absolutely fine in his role as U18 manager. He'd been doing a decent job, was respected by the club and fans. It's not his fault he accepts the first team manager's job when he should never have been offered it.

I don't buy that Nelms went for the cheapest option because it was cheap either! He's happy squandering Keyes' money at other times. He just wanted to appoint the guy he'd put so much time, money and faith into.

It's mad. We were pursuing Jack Ross, until Neil McCann made a u-turn and we were pursuing Jim Goodwin until McPake had a Dundee side put in a decent display on the last day of the season against St Mirren. So close to possible decent-ness yet so far!

It very much is  McPake’s fault that he accepted the job.  Surely he must have known he wasn’t ready or had nearly enough experience.  Surely?  Or is McPake truly that delusional? 

Again, just shows what a poor judge of character Nelms is.  Why put so much time, money and faith into McPake?

7 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

It very much is  McPake’s fault that he accepted the job.  Surely he must have known he wasn’t ready or had nearly enough experience.  Surely?  Or is McPake truly that delusional? 

Again, just shows what a poor judge of character Nelms is.  Why put so much time, money and faith into McPake?

If you were offered a position that potentially doubled, if not trebled your salary and was your future dream job (I mean management, not Dundee), would you turn it down because you didn't have enough experience? Mon now!

Probably out of misguided loyalty, because he liked him, because he valued the guy as a person instead of anything else? Poor decisions by Nelms, absolutely, but it's a fair human assessment IMO.

1 minute ago, johnnydun said:

We're shite but we're not Falkirk levels of shite.

Haha I'm not too sure about that wee man. I'd be embarrassed if Falkirk lost at home to QoS, half their team that played today were released by us because they weren't good enough.  

14 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Are you kidding me? Imagine you wanted to get into coaching, and you were offered a job for a club with the money we waste have on managers and players. Are you telling me you'd say no, regardless of your confidence in your own abilities? Fully Nelms' fault for thinking that McPake was a young up-n'-comer and making a multi-year project around him that is evidently failing.

McPake needs outed and a real manager put in his place.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

5 minutes ago, MS RR said:

Haha I'm not too sure about that wee man. I'd be embarrassed if Falkirk lost at home to QoS, half their team that played today were released by us because they weren't good enough.  

Your last game was a loss to East Fife.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

7 minutes ago, MS RR said:

"Wee man" Aye ok, away and buy a new pair of Samba's Da.

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

If you were offered a position that potentially doubled, if not trebled your salary and was your future dream job (I mean management, not Dundee), would you turn it down because you didn't have enough experience? Mon now!

Probably out of misguided loyalty, because he liked him, because he valued the guy as a person instead of anything else? Poor decisions by Nelms, absolutely, but it's a fair human assessment IMO.

Not if I loved the club and that’s the very point I’ve been trying to make.  Dundee are simply an employer to McPake.  They made him an offer and he thought of himself first and foremost.  Nothing wrong with that but please let’s not pretend he loves the club or that he puts the club first and foremost.

In addition to above and to answer your question directly I’d like to think I’d have the common sense to play the long game and only make the move into management once I knew I was ready to do myself and the club justice.  As it stands McPake will never again manage another club of a decent level once Nelms finally accepts he’s made yet another managerial mistake.  If  only McPake had stopped and thought a little before accepting the offer from Nelms he could have matured and grown into management.

5 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Are you kidding me? Imagine you wanted to get into coaching, and you were offered a job for a club with the money we waste have on managers and players. Are you telling me you'd say no, regardless of your confidence in your own abilities? Fully Nelms' fault for thinking that McPake was a young up-n'-comer and making a multi-year project around him that is evidently failing.

McPake needs outed and a real manager put in his place.

See my reply to Ludo.  I’d like to think I’d play the long game.