All things Dundee FC

6 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

You do realise that just because you pay money it doesn’t give you the right to just say whatever you want to these guys. If you think he’s shite then at least be constructive with your criticism.

You’ve missed the point anyway. The paper shouldn’t have printed those comments. He’s asking for an apology from the paper, not the fans

The Teles a rag. Everyone knows that.

It's not a matter of me thinking he's shite he genuinely is a woeful football player and should never be employed by the club.

That isn't all his fault I can understand, it's also the thicko managers. He must know himself he's stealing a living though - appalling at his job.

Thank you.

9 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Probably more to do with the pitch being a tattie field. What a sad state it’s in. 

Is there any official statement about it? Heard some stuff about 'thatch' but that's been about it. Dens was always like a bowling green, it was the mob across the road that had the sandpit.

Thank you.

58 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Is there any official statement about it? Heard some stuff about 'thatch' but that's been about it. Dens was always like a bowling green, it was the mob across the road that had the sandpit.

Thank you.

They should’ve said. I would’ve looked out my scarifier. 

If you’ll excuse the link to a DCT publication, this is a good read about Scotland v Wales at Carolina Port in 1896. 

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/nostalgia/2050510/cobbled-streets-a-riot-of-colour-as-dundee-hosted-scotland-match-in-1896/

I’ve decided that once we’re allowed back at Dens, I shall travel there only by Hansom Cab. Such a mode of transport is due for a comeback. 

11 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Walcott back to Spurs, torn hamstring. FFS.

Feel really sorry for him, should have had a good run in the first team. Fisher did brilliantly though and we're at least developing one of our own. Fully expect he'll line up with Ashcroft on Friday.....more rage if he doesn't play.

18 hours ago, Vernon gilmore said:

And sitting on the bench tightening his hamstring instead of playing has possibly been the cause of pulling his hamstring 

Mcpake has made so many errors it’s unreal 

FFS...

20 hours ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Sorry Jordan Forster but you're abysmal at football and continually cost this football club points.

I don't think it's unreasonable for paying fans to be upset by that. 

You're in a position where you could work to improve on mistakes but just choose to walk out and repeat the  same shite over and over.

Buck up or feck off (purely from a footballing perspective).

Thank you.

FFS again...

On 17/03/2021 at 18:36, johnnydun said:

Maybe because of this reason, is why some of them choose to read P&B. A more balanced, less offensive take on a performance. Although McPake would probably be best avoiding the place for a while. 

I'm not sure why any player or manager would ever read a forum (or be on Twitter for that matter)? If they have any common sense, they'd know what 90 percent of to expect.

2 minutes ago, AmericanFan said:

I'm not sure why any player or manager would ever read a forum (or be on Twitter for that matter)? If they have any common sense, they'd know what 90 percent of to expect.

I guess it can be important to a large amount of people from all walks of life, to know how they are seen by others. 

This can be a good boost for some, for example if Paul McMullen were to read this since he came in, it has been nothing but praise across the board and would increase his confidence.

Even negative comments (on this forum at least) can have a positive impact on a player, if the criticism is constructive. For example if Cammy Kerr were to read this he might work on his crossing.

Although some of the comments can be ones like 'Shite, Donkey, Useless etc...' and sometimes can be very harsh, like 'get the f**k out my club' it very rarely becomes personal on P&B regarding race, looks etc...

Plus they can also find out what opposition fans think.

Not going to be negative tonight, though my thoughts haven't changed on the important matters after one game of course.

Delighted with Anderson's performance. He has to start week in week out from now on. Fisher had a few moments but overall he can be pleased with his display aswell. Great to see two young players coming through in the first team - a breath of fresh air. Loved the fist pump after a sliding tackle from Fisher;  some passion that so often is lacking with Dundee.

Legzdins so much more assuring than Hamilton, don't know exactly how many, but the amount of corners he claimed or got a punch to was something we've rarely seen at Dens.

McDaid and McMullen creative all game, I don't expect to see either out the team again this season. That was why midweek was so mystifying to me.

One thing I'll say is McGowan gave it away alot throughout the game. I'd like to see Adam and Anderson next game.

One of the better performances of the season and it was actually not a bad watch. 
A mention to Ashcroft on his man of the match display. Keep it up next week and for the rest of the season, please. 

A good nights work. I'm away to rattle a Grey Goose down my throat.

Thank you.

I have nothing to base this on, however I’m becoming increasingly concerned that our Yank paymasters will push for a move to an artificial surface over the summer. Possibly citing the condition of the Dens Park pitch over the winter period. The cost of maintaining a top quality pitch over a wet cold Scottish winter must be enormous. As I say there is no basis for this other than my idle mind.

Said it in the match thread - that Dens pitch is holding us back. Could see tonight how much better the football was - I know it was against a poor side but being able to pass the ball against teams definitely suits us more and at the minute you can’t do that at Dens. Something needs done about that pitch pronto.

Just now, rodallegabombs said:

I have nothing to base this on, however I’m becoming increasingly concerned that our Yank paymasters will push for a move to an artificial surface over the summer. Possibly citing the condition of the Dens Park pitch over the winter period. The cost of maintaining a top quality pitch over a wet cold Scottish winter must be enormous. As I say there is no basis for this other than my idle mind.

To be honest, wouldn't be against it.

Some investment to make if they still have any ambitions of moving stadium.

Our pitch is usually one of the best in Scotland but this season it's easily been worse than the worst black rubber pebble dashed pitch.