All things Dundee FC

Thomson lost the ball on the touch line about 15yards out and Hearts put a cross in that was cleared. 2 minutes later we have a corner and McGowan is going mental at SaftFeet for losing the ball! :lol:

Are you Kevin Thomson? for fucks sake he was brutal and almost cost us 2 goals. He lost the battle against 2 diddie ex dabs and gave the ball away all day long

Personally I thought Thompson put in a shift and got stuck in? If I had to draw a few negatives from today apart from the obvious shite like standing off Hearts and letting them put crosses in to the box, I'd have to say McGowan had a couple of headless chicken moments despite being an engine, Harkins lost the plot the last 30mins and Hemmings was a 'tad' lazy. As for Hartley, this is the second game of the season and we have no attacking options on the bench? Scandalous!

Personally I thought Thompson put in a shift and got stuck in? If I had to draw a few negatives from today apart from the obvious shite like standing off Hearts and letting them put crosses in to the box, I'd have to say McGowan had a couple of headless chicken moments despite being an engine, Harkins lost the plot the last 30mins and Hemmings was a 'tad' lazy. As for Hartley, this is the second game of the season and we have no attacking options on the bench? Scandalous!

I agree when things went wrong we had no plan B on the bench. I though Gowzer was fine but Thomson and Harkins were as good as useless in the second half. They don't have the fitness necessary at this level simple as that.

Could agree with Harkins. But I honestly thought Thompson was putting a shift in. It was total bottom of the barrel stuff chucking McPake up top at the end. But I suppose there was no other option? For me Hearts were there for the taking (based on the first 45) we stood off them too much 2nd half and it cost us. The game should've been tied up 1st half though and I really hope we start taking our chances as today was a total fuckin sickener.

I think it's worth pointing out that Hearts actually created feck all in the second half. McPake gifted them the first and for my money Thomson gifted them the second. After that what was blindingly obvious was that we don't have the fitness or belief to chase a game like that. Players were hiding for the last 25 mins. We gave it away, but we had plenty of time to get it back, but it's obvious Harkins and Thomson don't have the fitness and engine necessary when you're up against it with more than an hour on the clock.

The second half was a replay of everything that was wrong with us last year. We can't change things when we need to and we have no pace going forward.

I think it's worth pointing out that Hearts actually created feck all in the second half. McPake gifted them the first and for my money Thomson gifted them the second. After that what was blindingly obvious was that we don't have the fitness or belief to chase a game like that. Players were hiding for the last 25 mins. We gave it away, but we had plenty of time to get it back, but it's obvious Harkins and Thomson don't have the fitness and engine necessary when you're up against it with more than an hour on the clock.

The second half was a replay of everything that was wrong with us last year. We can't change things when we need to and we have no pace going forward.

Watch now - you will be told to stop posting by the Thomson fan club

The most frustrating part of today was the lack of players going forward when we had the ball.

Can't say I'm surprised though. How many times in the past have we been on a counter attack then suddenly stopping, passing the ball sideways, then back to defence who then passes it back to Bain who hoofs it up the park? We go from an attacking position on the break to a 50/50 ball in the air in a matter of seconds. Frustrating!

Exactly - it should have been 3-0 half time. We didn't take the chances and were inevitability punished.

Are you just going to pretend we didn't miss two sitters in the first half as well, yeah?

I think it's worth pointing out that Hearts actually created feck all in the second half. McPake gifted them the first and for my money Thomson gifted them the second.

Well, generally in sport shiteness is capitalised on.

You could say that every goal ever scored has been "gifted". It's forever the ridiculous argument.

Are you just going to pretend we didn't miss two sitters in the first half as well, yeah?

Well, generally in sport shiteness is capitalised on.

You could say that every goal ever scored has been "gifted". It's forever the ridiculous argument.

I think the arguments across this forum can only be settled in one way. A winner takes all KO!

How about in the Dundee corner we have the ghost of Albert Kidd? And in the maroon corner we have the ghost of Henry Smith? With special ghost referee Jim Spence riding the ghost of Cecil the lion?

Commentary by Zak Bagans.

Thought Kevin Thomson absolutely ran the show and dominate the midfield first half personally. Had a shocker second half and I felt it was as if, if Thomson doesn't play well, Dundee doesn't play well.

Thought Kevin Thomson absolutely ran the show and dominate the midfield first half personally. Had a shocker second half and I felt it was as if, if Thomson doesn't play well, Dundee doesn't play well.

Desperate stuff, he's shite!

Thomson was superb in the first half and fucking awful in the second. Second half he shat it in two 50/50 tackles and passing was woeful, movement was non existent and was 100% to blame for the second goal. He is a quality player on his game no doubt but seems to think he can stroll every game without trying.

Anyway onwards and upwards. I can see us beating the DABS on Tuesday if EVERY player give 100% for the full game not just Gowser.