All things Dundee FC

I’m confident going into the game tonight. Fancy us to score as well. I like the defensive shape we’ve started to use recently, letting the opposition have possession between their defenders and us getting back into a our defensive positions. Yeah Killie will have more possession like the other night but that’s because we’ll leave them on it. 

My 2 biggest fears are the AstroTurf and McPake’s subbies just after 70 minutes. Nobody needs a breather tonight leave them on the park especially McMullan! 

🗣 Come on Dundee 

22 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Final calls for punt or keep (all players ages are what they were at 1/6/20 so all are 1 year older):

#1: Jack Hamilton (26) - May 2021 - PUNT

#12: Calum Ferrie (21) - May 2021 - PUNT

13: Adam Legzdins (33) - May 2021 - KEEP

#2: Cammy Kerr (24) - May 2021 - KEEP (Championship only - PUNT if promoted)

#4: Liam Fontaine (34) - May 2021 - PUNT (35 now, wouldn't be against keeping as emergency back-up with some coaching duties, but we need better in the backline regardless if we stay down or go up)

#22: Callum Moore (20) - May 2021 - PUNT

#39: Nicholas Hamilton (24) - May 2021 [LOAN] - Don't Extend

#17: Jonathan Afolabi (20) - May 2021 [LOAN] - Don't Extend

#21: Osman Sow (30) - May 2021  - PUNT - Ultimately, he's had a good season and built back some of his credibility. He's outscored what Hemmings got last season in fewer games, but there's easily better out there that do the same hold up job.

Keep Nicholas Hamilton....Punt the rest.

2 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

My 2 biggest fears are the AstroTurf and McPake’s subbies just after 70 minutes. Nobody needs a breather tonight leave them on the park especially McMullan!

FWIW, we are pretty good on the ourselves, so that's one thing we hopefully don't have to worry about. The subbies as always feel important, just get them right on the night McPake.

34 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

I’m confident going into the game tonight. Fancy us to score as well. I like the defensive shape we’ve started to use recently, letting the opposition have possession between their defenders and us getting back into a our defensive positions. Yeah Killie will have more possession like the other night but that’s because we’ll leave them on it. 

🗣 Come on Dundee 

Indeed, we should get Dave Mackay to earn his keep by stuffing McPake in the boot of his car if we aren't behind after 75 minutes...

19 minutes ago, Spikethedee said:

Indeed, we should get Dave Mackay to earn his keep by stuffing McPake in the boot of his car if we aren't behind after 75 minutes...

If McPake thought about sitting in for the last 15 at say 0 0, I'd lose my shit.

We have to score tonight and that should be McPakes message. One goal from us requires three from them. Take the chance when it comes, we will create chances make sure it hits the net and we'll all be celebrating come 10pm.

If we happen to lose the first goal there should be absolutely no shitting the bed from the players aswell, it'll simply draw the tie level and we'll still be in with a great chance of progression.

Thank you.

Edited by Dundee-FC92

I'm not too sure Killie won't just revert to what Raith done in the semi second leg and just hammer balls forward all night. 

Us, personally, I'd swap out Mullen for either or of Cummings or Afolabi. The rest remains the same. 

Edit : that is the same as far as possible. Is Elliot fit? 

Edited by Mr. Alli

9 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Bound to be tinkering. IMO.

McPake has a habit of sticking almost religiously to a team when it's doing well, think very little will change tonight.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Yeah, got a couple of stitches in but otherwise is fine I believe.

I'm not too sure Killie won't just revert to what Raith done in the semi second leg and just hammer balls forward all night. 
Us, personally, I'd swap out Mullen for either or of Cummings or Afolabi. The rest remains the same. 

Doubt they will be as aggressive as that, not initially anyway. Raith had to take that risk and as many times as not, they’d have lost a second leg 3-0 playing like that. Killie don’t need to do that.

1 hour ago, Girth said:

Reckon he’ll stick with the same starting eleven as last time? Mullen for Cumdog? Or will he switch it up? 

It's got to be Mullen.

He played so well the other night and to be fair nobody has ever questioned his work rate. Up against the likes of Broadfoot he's perfect. If chances fell to him that's when I would be worried though and prefer Cummings.

Elliot is fit and has to start after the performance the other night also. Middle three pick themselves at the minute.

Same 11please, most importantly leaving us great options in the case of needing a goal.

Thank you.

32 minutes ago, stu2910 said:

Doubt they will be as aggressive as that, not initially anyway. Raith had to take that risk and as many times as not, they’d have lost a second leg 3-0 playing like that. Killie don’t need to do that.

Killie punted the ball up the pitch non-stop at Dens? Mostly skidding off the surface and behind got a goal kick.

Thank you.

11 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

It's got to be Mullen.

He played so well the other night and to be fair nobody has ever questioned his work rate. Up against the likes of Broadfoot he's perfect. If chances fell to him that's when I would be worried though and prefer Cummings.

Elliot is fit and has to start after the performance the other night also. Middle three pick themselves at the minute.

Same 11please, most importantly leaving us great options in the case of needing a goal.

Thank you.

Completely agree here. 

Thank you. 

I reckon Cummings and Marshall will start tonight but would be happy with the same XI from 1st leg.

nerves are starting to build for me now. Come on Dundee let’s fucking do this!!!

I reckon he’ll bring Marshall back but stick with the other 10. I’d be happy to go with the same 11 but not too bothered, Cammy bleeds dark blue and in a blood and guts game that could be an asset.
Absolutely sh1teing it!!