All things Dundee FC

2 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Rooney's determined to get Derby relegated, eh?

With quality signings like Jagielka, he'll give them a fighting chance of staying up.

So who's the trialists today? Panter, Sheridan - anyone got the third name?

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

With quality signings like Jagielka, he'll give them a fighting chance of staying up.

Doomed imo if they're employing statues at the back.

So who's the trialists today? Panter, Sheridan - anyone got the third name?

Pin auf Beauty

For real though, George Cran mentioned seeing a couple of new trialists, but that they were likely trialling for the youth academy, so we'll see if it is them I suppose.

5 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Doomed imo if they're employing statues at the back.

Pin auf Beauty

For real though, George Cran mentioned seeing a couple of new trialists, but that they were likely trialling for the youth academy, so we'll see if it is them I suppose.

Why have you got such a hard on for such a quality player? His age?

Hopefully it's someone a bit more exciting than a youth prospect but I did see Cran's stating that. He's said that Panter and Sheridan wouldn't be involved in successive fixtures though so the club obviously do like making him look like a trumpet from time to time.

Third trialist could be just Lyall Cameron since his registration as a player is technically with Peterhead? He was wearing Cummings number in the last friendly due to the covid issue and it's the same number tonight.

Third trialist could be just Lyall Cameron since his registration as a player is technically with Peterhead? He was wearing Cummings number in the last friendly due to the covid issue and it's the same number tonight.

There’s a young lad wearing red boots. Could be Cameron. You here Ludo?

1 minute ago, Fifespud said:

There’s a young lad wearing red boots. Could be Cameron. You here Ludo?

Nah, decided against it. Want my first game to be the season opener. Hope it's a good one though. Jealous of you now though!

Still deliberating on whether or not to pay the fiver to watch the stream as I can't imagine it'll be the most entertaining game.

Nah, decided against it. Want my first game to be the season opener. Hope it's a good one though. Jealous of you now though!
Still deliberating on whether or not to pay the fiver to watch the stream as I can't imagine it'll be the most entertaining game.

Probably wise staying away. The Dundee lads are warming up in front of the Shankly and we are all in the Bobby Cox so it’s hard to see who’s who. Pitch looks like astro.

14 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

No sign of Cummings….

Not Sheridan or the Icelander as far as I can see. Sweeney is a very big lad.

Yeah, he looked absolutely enormous in the footage of the Forfar match.

3x Trialists will obviously be Speroni, Berbatov, and gorgeous Greg.

The Leyton Orient fans are a bit dismayed at their line-up as it's apparently full of academy players and shows a real lack of depth for their upcoming season.

Few names to look out for:

Their number 16 is Aaron Drinan who played against us twice last season for Ayr - a 0-0 draw and a 2-0 win for us. He's their Danny Johnson replacement.

Number 18 is Darren Pratley. Their captain. Former stalwart for Swansea back when they were making their way up through the leagues to the EPL.

Number 8 is Craig Clay. Former Motherwell midfielder. Wasn't very good IIRC? @capt_oats

They also have a youth player called Harrison Sodje on the bench. Unsure if he's a relation to the huge Sodje family of footballers.

Their number 16 is Aaron Drinan who played against us twice last season for Ayr - a 0-0 draw and a 2-0 win for us. He's their Danny Johnson replacement.

Awkward Cardi B GIF by Saturday Night Live

Bit of a downgrade there imo.

Aye, Clay was with us.

He was a tidy enough player without being particularly good. Couldn't fault his effort or anything. He was just one of those players who found the level slightly above where he was ability wise. IIRC he kind of signed up because he was Richard Tait's pal and we were after a midfielder, they were with the same agency and had been at Grimsby together.

I think he came along trained with us and McGhee offered him a deal to fill a shirt. I've a feeling our budget had been trimmed a bit as it was the same season we just handed Craig Samson the GK gloves purely because he'd been hanging about and was patient.

Clay's since played almost 200 games for Orient.

Edited by capt_oats

6 minutes ago, Robin.Hood said:

That miss 😞 that was brutal. Haha wow 

Really liking the pressure he's putting their defence under despite the finish. It was his pressure that led to McGowan's goal as well.