All things Dundee FC

I don’t agree with re-signing Danny Mullen. Yes he’s filled a role but he’s a pretty limited footballer. Championship player IMO. Better to free up a space for a young lad, or sign someone better, even someone similar, who MIGHT be better.

1 hour ago, Fifespud said:

I don’t agree with re-signing Danny Mullen. Yes he’s filled a role but he’s a pretty limited footballer. Championship player IMO. Better to free up a space for a young lad, or sign someone better, even someone similar, who MIGHT be better.

He may still be a lesser version of James Grady or Willie Falconer at the moment granted, however he possesses an honest braveness and directness which is very, very rare in today's game. His best in my opinion is still to come, a modern versatile squad member .

So from me, it's very much a yes as he recovers from his early season injury. Sooner Danny Mullen than the likes of the feller on loan from Celtic last season.

Plus, check out the awesome footwork.

imageproxy.gif.df3fbd188aadd2a66de030683c515268.gif

Edited by This Charming Man

10 hours ago, Fifespud said:

Very much agree with this. He was largely dreadful last season and missed some ridiculous sitters. Playing well in a couple of the play-off games doesn't quite cut it for me. He might be marginally useful as a late subbie to throw on but I don't think that justifies expending a wage which could be better spent on someone else. 

14 hours ago, This Charming Man said:

He may still be a lesser version of James Grady or Willie Falconer at the moment granted, however he possesses an honest braveness and directness which is very, very rare in today's game. His best in my opinion is still to come, a modern versatile squad member .

So from me, it's very much a yes as he recovers from his early season injury. Sooner Danny Mullen than the likes of the feller on loan from Celtic last season.

Plus, check out the awesome footwork.

imageproxy.gif.df3fbd188aadd2a66de030683c515268.gif

White boots.

Cxnts a rocket.

Thank you.

15 hours ago, Day of the Lords said:

Very much agree with this. He was largely dreadful last season and missed some ridiculous sitters. Playing well in a couple of the play-off games doesn't quite cut it for me. He might be marginally useful as a late subbie to throw on but I don't think that justifies expending a wage which could be better spent on someone else. 

I agree with this. I think he is shite and adds nothing to the team. We can do better. 

Byrne for me is the one we need under contract. Ashcroft again is a threat going forward but defensively i don't rate. ( then again I don't rate any of our defenders , just tough shit really ).

Rest is meh for me. Let the season carry on and see where we are at. 

4 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

I don't think so. Pretty sure it was a "take £50K or get f**k all" situation 

Not surprising. Ah well, hopefully the rumours of their huge debt are true and the fuckers go out of business properly this time. 

The news story of his assault...

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.theargus.co.uk/news/17397199.amp/

It's a 'no' from me.

He said: “Just wanted to set the record straight to everyone concerned.

“The guilty plea I put in was because of advice given to me by my legal counsel, advice I wish I’d never have taken.

“I’m now doing everything I can to prove my innocence and have been doing the necessary procedures needed to do so.

“A lot of what was written in the media regarding the allegation was simply not true.

“I would also like to say, there are always two sides to a story, so don’t always believe what you read.

The court heard how Mason groped a woman’s breast at Pangea bar in Bawtry last year.

The court was told that Mason grabbed the woman's hair and pulled her towards him and then proceeded to slip his hand up the woman's jumper and began to rub the skin on her back, before moving his hand away and telling the woman to 'cover up’. 

He then put his hand up the woman's jumper once again, but this time fondled the woman's right breast underneath her bra. 

Edited by johnnydun

In maybe some more uplifting news, the Latvian FA is hinting around giving Legzdins a cap, which I would love to see personally.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/7567983/dundee-adam-legzdins-latvia-world-cup-call-up/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1629236153

I reckon, and hope, he won't get signed. The club have been pretty decent at reacting to backlash from fans and hopefully the discontent amongst the supporters makes its way to the powers that be.

The only way I'd be happy that this boy is even on trial is if one of the squad is related to the girl in question and they want a two-footed retribution in training.