All things Dundee FC

Everyone was saying Greg Stewart was shite when he joined us, give the boy a chance. Boys like O'Halloran and El Bakwhateverthefuckhisnameis are really tricky and are always going to go past the defender a few times regardless who theyre playing against.

I remember when Craig Forsyth was a constant source of frustration for Dundee fans. Holt reminds a little bit of Forsyth at that stage of his career. Give the guy a chance to settle in. He's far far better than Willie Dyer.

I remember when Craig Forsyth was a constant source of frustration for Dundee fans. Holt reminds a little bit of Forsyth at that stage of his career. Give the guy a chance to settle in. He's far far better than Willie Dyer.

Was thinking the same when I first saw him play in pre-season. Has the same sort of physique and running style. Fozzy was raw originally and was very frustrating at times but developed into one of our top players over the past 4 or 5 seasons. Wouldn't write Holt off just yet, he just needs time to settle and get used to the step up in opposition.

It does include multiple games vs the top 6 though. Last season is an utter irrelevance , this is a new squad that should be judged on how they have played this season which is Played 6 , Won 2 Drew 1 Lost 3 ( one to a 3rd division side which was poor) .

The result on Saturday will have a better reflection on how our season has started but I hate when people bring up shite stats like that. You can go as far back as you wish to make it sound better or worse thats why it ends on 17 instead of say 10,20 or 30 .

Holt is a young player Hartley believes in and im not going to doubt him or his decisions after what he has achieved so far at this club and im disappointed people seem to forget this after a poor cup exit.

3 wins in 17 games is our stats right now going back last year

Does that go back to the County away game? If so we then went onto play 10 games against last years top 6, 7 of which were dead rubbers. Not as concerning as it looks IMO.

A shit stat, or just the truth? Correct he is a young player and last 3 games hasn't been his best. Last night who was the weakest player on the park?

The 5 3 2 was a disaster and certainly didn't help Holt at all. I will back him like every player. But last 3 games in a row he has been poor. Home tie against Inverness I expect a good performance from all players including him.

It doesn't really help Holt that our back three went on a slow walk around and only waited until they were a yard away from him and he was surrounded before we finally made the pass.

I'd actually be a bit controversial and say that by his standards, Harkins was poor. He's meant to be influential and have the ability to dictate the play but the amount he dwelled on the ball instead of turning it round and switching the play quickly just played to Dunfermline's strengths. Maybe he can't play a role in a deep position like that but he's got to make some sort of effort to adjust to our needs and realise he can't play the exact same way deep in his own half.

A shit stat, or just the truth? Correct he is a young player and last 3 games hasn't been his best. Last night who was the weakest player on the park?

The 5 3 2 was a disaster and certainly didn't help Holt at all. I will back him like every player. But last 3 games in a row he has been poor. Home tie against Inverness I expect a good performance from all players including him.

Were you at the Aberdeen game?

GMan is having a heads gone here.

Look at our fixtures up until November. That's when a full round is completed. The teams we have to face are, based on what I've seen so far, inferior to the teams we have played (excluding Kilmarnock who come to Dens again in October.)

There is the away trip to parkhead of course but that's a write off for all sides - anything there is a bonus.

Thing is even if we beat caley on saturday then Partick away after that you will still be on here moaning like f**k if we lose to Celtic! Why? Cos you just love wetting your knickers and sensationalising everything.

Holt is miles ahead of our left back options last year but your wanting him dropped and punted after 6 games cos you've decided he's not good enough. Imagine we did that with Greg Stewart who was taking time to bed in last season?!

Get a grip lad. You seem desperate to be controversial and it's a bit cringey.

Im not debating that 3 in 17 is crap ( even if we decide to ignore that the majority of the games were in the split with player who knew they were getting punted) but why dont we just say its 2 in 10? or 5 in 20? 10 in 30? (all true stats btw) Just because 3 in 17 sound the worst doesnt make it the best stat.

I agrre Holt has struggled lately but I feel 5-3-2 definitely is not helping and i personally thought he was quite good against Hearts and Killie in a back 4

Also looking back on last season , even though we were undefeated after 5 games we were on 7 points, this year we are on 7 points. Nothing to worry about considering our start this year was far harder , we are improving and as I keep saying everything would be very rosy a Dens if we win Sat

No watched it online instead

OK. Apart from Hayes doing him down the line for the cross he didn't do much wrong. Always available for an out ball and good on the 1-2s. Wasn't far away with a pop at goal in the 2nd half as well. He's nowhere near as bad as folk are making out. He'll get better as the season goes on and as soon as Hartley ditches this stupid formation.

See post above. I agree about the formation change. Please read. I've said he has been poor. If a player is poor I hope it changes for the better.

Defiant trying hard for a reaction and I gave him it

I read it. He's made a couple of mistakes but that doesn't make him poor. I wasn't there last night so I can't comment on that but every other game his positives have far outweighed the negatives.