All things Dundee FC

Decided to torture myself at work by looking at our league cup record ( those who are squeamish look away now)

15/16- 2nd Round- Dunfermline (A)

14/15- 3rd Round- Dundee United (A)

13/14- 3rd Round- ICT (H)

12/13- 2nd Round- Queens Park (A)

11/12- 2nd Round- Aberdeen (A)

10/11- 2nd Round Brechin (A)

09/10- Quarter Finals- Rangers (RIP) (H)

Who says I want him dropped? I said he has to perform this week as he has been poor. I'm not the only c**t who has said he has been poor so how have I been controversial. Best post back on the United thread, you do well there.

You're right actually, you slated his performance and haven't been too supportive of him but you haven't called for him to be dropped I apologise for that comment.

I won't apologise for the rest though, the 3 in 17 is a pointless stat. We are a mid table side looking to push on and it includes 11 games from last season with a massively different squad.

Of those games 5 were dead rubbers against the other top 6 teams .

So far this season we have played 4 out of the 5 other teams from last seasons top 6 with Hearts added in who are performing well above the level some expected.

At this point last season we had 7 points from games against Killie, St Mirren, caley, Partick and Celtic at home.

We have 7 points now from Killie, hearts, utd, St Johnstone and Aberdeen - a far tougher run of games.

It's not to be sniffed at with a huge overhaul to the squad in the summer and will get better given time IMO

Decided to torture myself at work by looking at our league cup record ( those who are squeamish look away now)

15/16- 2nd Round- Dunfermline (A)

14/15- 3rd Round- Dundee United (A)

13/14- 3rd Round- ICT (H)

12/13- 2nd Round- Queens Park (A)

11/12- 2nd Round- Aberdeen (A)

10/11- 2nd Round Brechin (A)

09/10- Quarter Finals- Rangers (RIP) (H)

Dat Queens Park game at Hampden - fucking hell. I saw John Baird do his best Tom Daley impression in a vain attempt to win us a penalty - I've never slaughtered a Dundee player like that before or since. Embarrassing.

I'm desperate to be controversial? It's an opinion. If you dont like don't read if there cringe worthy.

The appology is accepted.

The stat was just pulled off twitter, nothing more or nothing less in it.

Carry on

It's probably worth noting that of our last 17 games only 4 (hearts, county, Killie, Dunfermline) of the opposition teams finished outside the top 6 last season.... If you factor in hearts look like shoe ins this season there's an argument that of our last 17 matches we have played one of the best 6 teams in the country 14 times, most of which were last seasons squad.

Quite the run to be fair.

Edited by Deefiant

Do you want me to respond and be controversial? Already said I just posted the stat because I seen it so I thought I'd share

Your getting awful upset. Take a deep breath.

I just posted that response because I saw your stat and analysed it rather than posting a sensational headline.

Merely a factual response to your post. You provided information, I expanded on it.

If you look at it that way we are basically a team of information providers. Good for us I say.

If we're dropping Holt, it'd have to be Meggatt who comes in. Dropping him is mental though, he was very decent when we played a back four. I highly advise Mr P. Hartley to stop with this 3-5-2 madness and resort to a more suitable 4-4-2 or 4-3-3. And re-sign William Henry Falconer.

For even more pain I looked at our Scottish cup past aswell

14/15- 5th Round - Celtic (H)

13/14- 4th Round - Raith(H)

12/13- Quarter Finals - United (H)

11/12- 4th Round - Kille (Replay , A)

10/11- 4th Round - Well (H)

09/10- Quarter Finals - Raith (H)

08/09- 4th Round - Celtic (A)

07/08- Quarter Finals - Queens (A)

In conclusion we can say that we are absolutely shite at home in scottish cup matches and also f**k Raith in any sort of cup match

I think it's fair to say that our problems stem more from who's not playing than who is. I know I'm becoming a broken record in this regard but Harkins shouldn't be playing where he is and we shouldn't be playing the formation that we are. Neither of these is a managerial choice. If Extraburger is out on top of Harkins at the weekend we should maybe just line up eleven along the goal line. Someone said earlier that it'll be good to get to the international break to hopefully get a few players back. People were saying the same last year. That is not a coincidence.

For even more pain I looked at our Scottish cup past aswell

14/15- 5th Round - Celtic (H)

13/14- 4th Round - Raith(H)

12/13- Quarter Finals - United (H)

11/12- 4th Round - Kille (Replay , A)

10/11- 4th Round - Well (H)

09/10- Quarter Finals - Raith (H)

08/09- 4th Round - Celtic (A)

07/08- Quarter Finals - Queens (A)

In conclusion we can say that we are absolutely shite at home in scottish cup matches and also f**k Raith in any sort of cup match

I was at Dens from fucking 3am til kick off clearing the snow (on my own for fucking ages btw) so that game could be played. Was furious when we got humped. Did get a mention on the Dundee site though.

Holt was mince last night and my (incredibly negative) mate said he was shite against aberdoom aswell. But I think that he's done fairly well as part of a back 4. The problem last night was the system in my opinion, neither McGinn or holt was comfortable as a proper WB.

Harkins was an embarrassment last night terrible game with no drive whatsoever. Presumably zico told him to play that deep but it just didn't work at all. Everything he did McPake could have done which would have freed up a space for someone (possibly carriero) to start further up the pitch.

Onwards and upwards, boys deffo need to get the finger out for Saturday and turn in a good performance!

Tank spotted outside the ground last night. Looked a bit glum....

Terrible result but not overly concerned about the performance last night. We were clearly the better team but couldn't take our chances (something we really need to sort out). Plus we have too many injury prone players for a cup run.

But what continues to piss me off is Kevin Thomson being our captain and biggest earner and is posted missing whenever we need a captain or biggest earner!

I predicted he would play less than 50% of matches this season. So far I am well on track with that prediction. It's time to bin him and use that money elsewhere.