All things Dundee FC

TBF to Sheridan he doesn't get a chance to shoot?

Its never at the right height until Mulgrew comes across. One of those you could probably pause and it looks like a sitter but in real time he has barely any time to strike it.

9 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Its never at the right height until Mulgrew comes across. One of those you could probably pause and it looks like a sitter but in real time he has barely any time to strike it.

That clip isn't in real time and the ball bounces about 3 times from when he controls it.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

That clip isn't in real time and the ball bounces about 3 times from when he controls it.

I've not sped it up so it must be?

He controls it on the run, it bounces up above knee height, he tries to take the height off it to hit, and on its way down is when Mulgrew comes in and takes it off him. 

I've no idea why folk seem to be presenting it like some sort of sitter tbh.

It’s a brilliantly timed challenge. 95 times out of 100 that’s a penalty. He does have his body between the defender and the ball but Mulgrew reaches his long leg around and takes it off his toe. It bounces twice off the ground but is never sitting to be hit. Lukaku converts that less than 50% I reckon.

30 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

It’s a brilliantly timed challenge. 95 times out of 100 that’s a penalty. He does have his body between the defender and the ball but Mulgrew reaches his long leg around and takes it off his toe. It bounces twice off the ground but is never sitting to be hit. Lukaku converts that less than 50% I reckon.

nobody is denying it was a marvellous tackle...BUT he was waiting on the ball to get on his left foot before hitting it....its a crime how many pro players cant or wont take a pop when the ball is sitting up nicely on their weaker foot.

nobody is denying it was a marvellous tackle...BUT he was waiting on the ball to get on his left foot before hitting it....its a crime how many pro players cant or wont take a pop when the ball is sitting up nicely on their weaker foot.

Watch it. It’s never on his right foot, the ball is always on his left side but never there to be hit. Neither Griffiths or Cummings score many with their right.
He may well turn out to be utter shite but let’s give the guy a chance, please.

1 minute ago, Fifespud said:

Watch it. It’s never on his right foot, the ball is always on his left side but never there to be hit. Neither Griffiths or Cummings score many with their right.
He may well turn out to be utter shite but let’s give the guy a chance, please.

i'll be giving the boy a chance...but lets not kid ourselves on here that ball should have be hit well before mulgrew got the tackle in 

1 hour ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Watched the game again last night.

The one thing that really did bug me was how slow we were at getting a cross in. In particular Kerr and McMullan kept taking extra touches instead of crossing in first time.

And why the hell did we keep lumping free kicks to the back if the box?

They were clearly designed for Ashcroft to head back into the danger area, I think it came off twice. Would be better off putting the free-kick directly into the danger area IMO. 

4 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Watched the game again last night.

The one thing that really did bug me was how slow we were at getting a cross in. In particular Kerr and McMullan kept taking extra touches instead of crossing in first time.

And why the hell did we keep lumping free kicks to the back if the box?

That carry on with the freekicks was doing my head in. Get it right in the mixer!

Taking a serious goal threat in Ashcroft out of the situation where he’s between the width of the goalposts is mind boggling. 

Edited by Yenitit

On 20/09/2021 at 20:01, Ludo*1 said:

Fontaine and Sheridan don't get 'boo boy' status. They get called shit when they play shit.

A player that I did notice getting an unfair level of venom directed his way was Jakubiak. He didn't play great and is partly culpable for the goal but boys were about bursting a blood vessels shouting 'he's shite!!!'

What did he do exactly that made anyone think otherwise? He was barely on 5 minutes and was jogging back as united were attacking down his side. Same as Livingston last week. As for Griffiths, anyone else get the impression he couldn't be bothered on Sunday? I don't blame him, what with mcpakes tactics. Haven't been impressed with him so far, fit or unfit. Why he thought it was better to sub Jakubiak instead of McCowan or Cummings genuinely is beyond me.

6 hours ago, LM_0803 said:

What did he do exactly that made anyone think otherwise? He was barely on 5 minutes and was jogging back as united were attacking down his side. Same as Livingston last week. As for Griffiths, anyone else get the impression he couldn't be bothered on Sunday? I don't blame him, what with mcpakes tactics. Haven't been impressed with him so far, fit or unfit. Why he thought it was better to sub Jakubiak instead of McCowan or Cummings genuinely is beyond me.

Nah can't agree on the assessment of Jakubiak. He showed some bright spots against Livi and again  is playing in a position that he's never played in his life before. If fans are going to be screaming abuse already then it's a poor show.

We've been competing well in every game except Celtic which wasn't the case under the likes of McCann and McIntyre.

When i say competing i mean running hard, big tackles and a degree of effort and passion that's been missing on the pitch for years with this club. We've definitely found that.

We just need it to fall on our side and show a bit more quality on the ball (doesn't help that Adam's out). Hopefully tonight we can make the semi's for the first time in too long. No doubt it will be a tough watch the way Saints play so all that matters is the win.

Cummings must start and i'd even be tempted to play Sheridan alongside him to give him a proper chance; Griffiths  coming off the bench later on and ready for Rangers on Saturday. My team tonight would be:

Legzdins 

Kerr Sweeney McGhee Ashcroft Marshall

McMullen Byrne McCowan

Cummings Sheridan

The four would play in a relatively free role infront of Byrne. With the back five and Byrne it allows our creative players to get on the ball and make chances.

Thank you.

Edited by Dundee-FC92

I know I’m in the minority when I say this but I’d bunk the cup on the head play our guys that haven’t had a game yet and focus purely on the league as that should be priority given that we are 12th with a -8 GD

2 minutes ago, D TOTAL said:

I know I’m in the minority when I say this but I’d bunk the cup on the head play our guys that haven’t had a game yet and focus purely on the league as that should be priority given that we are 12th with a -8 GD

Deary me.

Opportunities to get to Hampden have been non existent in recent years.

Crazy talk to be mentioning throwing the opportunity away to concentrate on the league when we're 6 games in.

Tonight shouldn't be underestimated, it's a big game. I even know of a few attending who rarely make the effort anymore.

Thank you.

13 minutes ago, D TOTAL said:

That is completely wild IMO.