All things Dundee FC

I’d argue we did strengthen slightly with Sweeney who won pretty much every header before he had to go off, Panter unless we pay none of his wage is this seasons Nicolas Hamilton, Sean bonnet Johnson 

that tackle from Ashcroft at the last minute of the first half was absolutely brilliant and got us fans right off our seats, luckily he was fine for second half cause I thought he was goosed 

Marshall yet again another great performance just wish he picks out a better cross instead of just hoping someone would be there

Kerr for me had one of his best games with little getting past him and again in the last minutes or so made a lung busting run to block out appier(I think ) hurting himself in the process 

In the second half we had one of those periods in a game that used to happen in the Championship where we basically just stopped playing. For about 20 minutes or so a reasonable first half was replaced by a team with no real sense of energy or purpose. Its says a lot about the Dabs that they didn't exactly run us ragged during that period but they found a goal and we missed a couple.

8 hours ago, D TOTAL said:

I’d argue we did strengthen slightly with Sweeney who won pretty much every header before he had to go off, Panter unless we pay none of his wage is this seasons Nicolas Hamilton, Sean bonnet Johnson 

that tackle from Ashcroft at the last minute of the first half was absolutely brilliant and got us fans right off our seats, luckily he was fine for second half cause I thought he was goosed 

Marshall yet again another great performance just wish he picks out a better cross instead of just hoping someone would be there

Kerr for me had one of his best games with little getting past him and again in the last minutes or so made a lung busting run to block out appier(I think ) hurting himself in the process 

Fontaine knocking the loose ball for the winner to Harkes and letting Pawlett turn for the shot of the post are about the only real defensive issues for me from yesterday.

Still can’t believe we lost that yesterday, ach well  

The Derby was grim viewing. Without Adam and with McGowan playing higher up on the wing there was no one in midfield who could actually move the ball around effectively in the middle of the park. This forced Dundee to either hoof it long(where it came right back at them) or go wide which they tried without any real urgency, it also didn't help that McMullan had an uncharacteristically bad performance.

Between that and the Livi game where Dundee were also either too slow or too reliant on long balls, I don't think this formation is going to work without Adam.

20 minutes ago, eindhovendee said:

£30 to see us get pumped by Rangers or £50 to see both twins do it.

Fucking Hell.

Screenshot_20210920-170154_Facebook.thumb.jpg.b42142701c4c769f8cad8304730926b2.jpg

They have got this sooo wrong.

They could get away with charging this for a Derby, as most want to go and watch it, no matter the form. However £30 for a game against one of the ugly sisters is not appealing at all, they are not a pull.

5 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Would be as well fully adopting the St Johnstone method for the Old Firm if we're charging those prices tbqhwy.

You should tbh, in terms of pricing. Watching the heads gone of OF fans when they realise we charge them £10 more than home fans for matches is great viewing.

54 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

They have got this sooo wrong.

They could get away with charging this for a Derby, as most want to go and watch it, no matter the form. However £30 for a game against one of the ugly sisters is not appealing at all, they are not a pull.

Not the biggest shock in the world as that was what we were charging the last time we were in the Premiership. 

25 note per game also cheaper than what we charged against Hibs. 

Also doing bring a friend for Saturday as well, so hopefully anyone that wants to go but is put off by the price can get a voucher off a season ticket holder for a freebie. 

24 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Would be as well fully adopting the St Johnstone method for the Old Firm if we're charging those prices tbqhwy.

f**k that, absolutely tragic watching these morons take over an away ground. Give them the corner of the main stand. IMO.

6 minutes ago, Derry O'Driscoll said:

Also doing bring a friend for Saturday as well, so hopefully anyone that wants to go but is put off by the price can get a voucher off a season ticket holder for a freebie. 

That's me, free ticket off the young lad.

Thank you.

That's that then, Dundee have toppled beyond what I'm willing to pay for this standard of football. I'll watch on from afar forever more. I will also be emailing my thought on the matter to the club. 

2 hours ago, D TOTAL said:

A quick question where should I pick to sit on Wednesday, as someone that’s always sat in the coxy I’m wondering how the view is from the other stands?

The atmosphere will be terrible so I'd probably say just the Coxy. Usually the Derry though. 

13 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

f**k that, absolutely tragic watching these morons take over an away ground. Give them the corner of the main stand. IMO.

Rangers get a smaller allocation than Saints fans at McDiarmid?

They only get ~4000 seats against us, zero idea what they get at Dens to compare.

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Rangers get a smaller allocation than Saints fans at McDiarmid?

They only get ~4000 seats against us, zero idea what they get at Dens to compare.

They're behind both goals are they not? Packed out. Probably a few hundred in the main stand as well, the home side down the pitch is half empty.

Thank you.