All things Dundee FC

1 hour ago, D TOTAL said:

I know I’m in the minority when I say this but I’d bunk the cup on the head play our guys that haven’t had a game yet and focus purely on the league as that should be priority given that we are 12th with a -8 GD

I’m dead against that. Our club in, my opinion has the worst record of cup runs in the country in terms of our size with only Falkirk and Dunfermline anywhere close to us in terms of ridiculously bad cup runs and is no longer acceptable. 

Tonight is a massive game for McPake, we get beat and he’s under real pressure from the support. If he puts out a weakened team I’ll be even more raging than I was getting beat from a side that includes Peter Pawlett and thon boy Fuchs 😡

Edited by Yenitit

3 hours ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

We've been competing well in every game except Celtic which wasn't the case under the likes of McCann and McIntyre.

When i say competing i mean running hard, big tackles and a degree of effort and passion that's been missing on the pitch for years with this club. We've definitely found that.

We just need it to fall on our side and show a bit more quality on the ball (doesn't help that Adam's out). Hopefully tonight we can make the semi's for the first time in too long. No doubt it will be a tough watch the way Saints play so all that matters is the win.

Cummings must start and i'd even be tempted to play Sheridan alongside him to give him a proper chance; Griffiths  coming off the bench later on and ready for Rangers on Saturday. My team tonight would be:

Legzdins 

Kerr Sweeney McGhee Ashcroft Marshall

McMullen Byrne McCowan

Cummings Sheridan

The four would play in a relatively free role infront of Byrne. With the back five and Byrne it allows our creative players to get on the ball and make chances.

Thank you.

Good to read a post that isn't full of negativity and doom and gloom and got me reaching for the shotgun. This is basically how I see it. Apart from the results, for the majority of the games, I'm enjoying the football on display far more than I have in recent seasons. You can see the intent to get it forward quickly for a change. If we were getting horsed every week without competing I'd be worried, but we're not. 

I'd have that team tonight with McGhee in beside Byrne and Griffiths instead of Sheridan. Reading between the lines in Griffiths interview the other night it sounds like he's been promised guaranteed game time so I don't imagine he'll be getting dropped any time soon unless he's completely off the boil. 

2-0 Dundee. 

I agree with @Dundee-FC92 with everything although we can’t be going to a back 5. Anytime we’ve tried it we’ve been absolutely hopeless and the only time I’d be okay with it is against the OF. Don’t disagree with going 2 up top but if we were to do that think it would have to be 4-4-2.

Edited by RossDee01

16 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

If you gave me a choice of winning a cup and being relegated or getting beat tonight and finishing 7th I'd take the cup 100 times out of 100.

Only if its a cup that means anything. I'd rather eat cauld beans for a month than pretend this cup isn't anything but a minter. 

7 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Nah can't agree on the assessment of Jakubiak. He showed some bright spots against Livi and again  is playing in a position that he's never played in his life before. If fans are going to be screaming abuse already then it's a poor show.

The more I ponder our double cup win of last season the more I wonder whether we’d have done it with fans present screaming abuse at any player who misplaced a pass.

The League cup is a minter?

Not for me and many others. This isn't a dig Mr.Ali but you've already stated you'll be supporting from afar due to prices and seem quite disillusioned, much like my old man. For me i'd rather pay the money (unless it's Tannadice) than sit in a boozer which can be done either side of the 90 minutes . Most definitely i'd rather go than sit in the house watching it on TV.

Having followed this club for many years of pish, i'd love to see us in a semi final and there would be a big group of people i've been going with for around 15 years that would also love the day out, win, lose or draw. 

Football is for the memories and a day out at Hampden with your mates/family where the Dees reached a final would be far from a minter. Football is about much more than just the ninety minutes.

Come on the Dees tonight.

Thank you.

1 hour ago, RossDee01 said:

I couldn’t care what cup it is 

The Scottish cup winners or 3rd place in league, not entirely sure which one, are likely to go straight into the group stages of a European competition next season.

The league cup winners get a wee cheque and a trophy for a year. I know which one I'd want to win.

13 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

The Scottish cup winners or 3rd place in league, not entirely sure which one, are likely to go straight into the group stages of a European competition next season.

The league cup winners get a wee cheque and a trophy for a year. I know which one I'd want to win.

Nobody replying to your pish in the other thread so you have to come into here.

Get a life.

Pub time soon, wonder if the Saints young team will have their bed sheets out in the town centre today. School night so probably a quiet one.

On the topic of the young teams, the shed is a full blown minter now. Genuinely like a playground. 'Shite Jimmy Saville' chant was also a minter. What's the alternative being a good Jimmy Saville?

Thank you.

Edited by Dundee-FC92

there are 3 major honours up for grabs in scotland...1 we'll never get near winning again...fail to see why boys call this cup a diddy cup...its a fucking major honour FFS i want us to win it...then watch as my wife sends out a nationwide appeal for me to come home as i lie fucking blootered in a ditch someplace.

Edited by Meeniedee