All things Dundee FC

McPake seems to consistently manage to piss off strikers. Danny Johnson was a bit of a dick, but he scored goals, despite being frequently benched because McPake was utterly clueless as to how to set us up. Kane Hemmings was played in a totally unsuitable role, and now Cummings is being frequently benched despite scoring more than anyone else. Mental. 

I really think once we get Adam back in the team we will be fine. Our midfield at the moment has zero creativity. Byrne is your ball winner, McGhee is the legs and Anderson is good but doesn’t have that final ball yet. I’d be tempted to take McGhee out of the middle when Adam is back and keep him and Anderson in there with Byrne. Not sure Byrne AND McGhee are needed.

McMullan seems to be better when he gets the ball through the middle which is why I think McPake started him on the left tonight to let him cut inside.

It is worrying that missing one player is having such a massive impact on us, especially when that player is 35, but he clearly is our most important player.

Squad depth was always going to be a bit of an issue this season as it was last season as well.

I think McPake did try and change it from Sunday. Sunday was so one dimensional and I said after the game that we were shite and was surprised at how many fans of other teams thought we were the better side. Tonight I thought he changed it by getting the ball down and trying to play through the lines more which I thought worked - we just can’t seem to bury a chance. 

Ashcroft missed a sitter after 3 minutes. McGhee hits a header straight at the keeper from 6 yards and McMullan misses a fucking sitter on a rebound in the second half. 

Didn’t think St Johnstone did anything until the corner from which they scored which was just pish defending. It’s a tale of same old same old at the minute but I’m confident we’ll turn it around. 

3 minutes ago, Meeniedee said:

hes a real man, stands goading the dundee fans knowing full well no fucker can lamp him...

This yes I couldn’t understand why he felt the need to do that ? The Dundee fans never gave him any reason for his blowing kisses at them , the “mans” a complete TiT for this 

2 minutes ago, Vernon gilmore said:

This yes I couldn’t understand why he felt the need to do that ? The Dundee fans never gave him any reason for his blowing kisses at them , the “mans” a complete TiT for this 

hes a cock who believes the hype about him...any c**t who gets a hair cut like that is a grade a bellend...like you say there was no need for it and i was surprised he wasnt booked for it.

2 minutes ago, Vernon gilmore said:

Was a bit bizarre and very much a try hard act, but he's trying to endear himself further to the St J fans and they'll lap it up tbf. (as would we if it were Cammy or something other inoffensive player)

32 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

All that rant but you still don’t want the manager out. 

By the way I totally agree with what you are ranting about. I’d be massively pissed off if I was Cummings. Scoring goals, looking the part then hardly getting any minutes on the park. He’s got to find a way off starting with Cummings and Griffiths up front. 

39 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

McPake sounding quite confident on the radio there. Says the goals will come from Cummings and Griffiths.

I don't see why he must insist on Griffiths starting, he has offered nothing at all. 1 shot on target in 3 games I think, his movement has been piss poor too. Yet our quicker more hungry striker has been benched. Along with that he seems to have this thing where he must shoehorn Sheridan on for 15 mins, be as well put me on ffs.

37 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

You’ve seen his worst 2 games since he joined us, including the first prem games, before his injury, when he was immense. I understand your gagging for him to fail but you’ll get few kindred spirits here.
Hard to understand why you guys got rid, his wages wouldn’t have contributed much to the ten thousand pound a day losses. Confused.

To be fair, like any good Arab, I am gagging for all of your players to fail tbh, however there is admittedly a bit of satisfaction in seeing a player cross the street and see your decision to let him go be vindicated.

Thing is, he served a purpose for you, last  year, which is fair enough as he did for us at that level, and I would expect him to find a new home at the likes of Ayr next season, unless of course you were to go down, where he would likely do you a turn again.

Time will tell I suppose.

6 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

I don't see why he must insist on Griffiths starting, he has offered nothing at all. 1 shot on target in 3 games I think, his movement has been piss poor too. Yet our quicker more hungry striker has been benched. Along with that he seems to have this thing where he must shoehorn Sheridan on for 15 mins, be as well put me on ffs.

Nice wee appearance fee.

Was a bit bizarre and very much a try hard act, but he's trying to endear himself further to the St J fans and they'll lap it up tbf. (as would we if it were Cammy or something other inoffensive player)
When you're a two time champion there are no grey areas. Everyone is the enemy and they require belittled at every opportunity. Even innocent simpleton Dees.

I’ve just seen the first goal again and Jesus wept it’s worse than I thought. The goals we’re conceding aren’t even chances yet we keep on missing 3 or 4 glaring ones in the first half. Beyond frustrating.

Really hopeCummings was just ill and nothing has happened between him and McPake as we really need him.

17 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Shaun Rooney was goading opposition fans before he joined us, sure there's a fairly iconic photo of him celebrating in front of County fans while at ICT.

Quite why people get so worked up about it I've no idea though, nor why folk are pretending that Shaun Rooney, who is a 6ft+ brick shithouse with no brains, couldn't kick f**k out them...

4 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

what they should be doing is asking the st johnstone fan  who brought it into the game to come forward and make a complaint....f**k them the c***s couldnt even come up with a decent song to sing at him..they just copied uniteds song book from the weekend.

2 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Has McPake MacNamara'd the f**k oot the appearance fee's?

Nah, Bomber used to have a few players on shite contracts with very, very good appearance fees and would flung them on at the end whether we were winning, losing or drawing.

Sheridan feels like that to me. (obviously he's not, but meh, whatever)

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Shaun Rooney was goading opposition fans before he joined us, sure there's a fairly iconic photo of him celebrating in front of County fans while at ICT.

Quite why people get so worked up about it I've no idea though, nor why folk are pretending that Shaun Rooney, who is a 6ft+ brick shithouse with no brains, couldn't kick f**k out them...

Shaun Rooney might be hard, I've no idea, but he certainly looks like he'd be easily slapped about by yer average joe in the street irregardless of his height tbh. Looks like a big dumpling.