All things Dundee FC

23 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Another rumour is the availability of Efe Ambrose for a trial, not a Gowser type trial but a trial none the less. 

LOL, who's peddling that pish? He'll be available to plenty clubs if that's the case, mainly because he can't get a game wherever he goes.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

42 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Is Ambrose the answer to our fragility? NO. 

Is Ambrose better than every other CH we have? YES. 

I'm not saying "sign him!" but he'd be first choice, by quite a distance. 

So what you’re saying is bring back The Cat Man? 

black and white cat GIF

Sounds like Watson will be coming in on trial rather than immediately signing. Again, a month later than I thought would make sense, but whatever. If we sign Gallagher, he'd be adequate RCB back-up imo, with Sweeney and Fontaine as LCB options.

I don’t actually mind Watson as a shout but surely we could look further than the effing tayside/fife catchment area, granted the only times we’ve actually done that was N.Hamilton and the panther both the must useless pointless signings that I’m still unclear on

1 hour ago, Mr. Alli said:

Is Ambrose the answer to our fragility? NO. 

Is Ambrose better than every other CH we have? YES. 

I'm not saying "sign him!" but he'd be first choice, by quite a distance. 

He wouldn't be, he's absolutely done. The fact we've consistently played donkeys like Muller and Dendoncker ahead of him, and even an absolutely nothing player like Brown, should say it all.

He literally can't turn anymore. 

Did you not have Watson training with yourselves after his contract expired with us in the first place? Or am I imagining that?

I don't know how to think about Watson. On the one hand, the long winning run that got us that big lead in the Championship started at the same time Watson became Reynolds' regular partner at centre-half. He's one where there's never any doubt that maximum effort has been put in, and he's a decent enough threat at set pieces too.

On the other hand, on Watson's bad days he could be pretty dire and a real liability, which I always grimly suspected would happen much more frequently if we had kept him for the Premiership.

Still, he was unlucky not to get at least get a chance with us in the Premiership, especially considering we gave Connolley a 3 year extension that same summer.

You'll definitely struggle to give him a more embarrassing welcome than we did if you do sign him though.

Did Watson not get punted from Dunfermline because he told the club he had Covid when he was actually out getting pished? Absolutely no thanks.

I'm interested in Efe for 6 months though. Much better than what we have even if he is finished.

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Did Watson not get punted from Dunfermline because he told the club he had Covid when he was actually out getting pished? Absolutely no thanks.

This is news to me, I thought he just couldn't stand Peter Grant.

Don't get me started about Efe...

7 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I'm interested in Efe for 6 months though. Much better than what we have even if he is finished.

I think he had a wedding abroad or something, and just lied to the club saying he was ill when he went away to it.

There’s surely nothing in the Ambrose rumours? Until Dendoncker left, he would’ve been our 6th choice right centre back, behind two right backs and two young loanees who weren’t up to much and a player we’ve never seen play for us. 

27 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I think he had a wedding abroad or something, and just lied to the club saying he was ill when he went away to it.

I'd probably have accepted taking a punt on him before he ripped the piss out of Dunfermline when they were struggling massively. Don't care if he didn't get on with the manager at the time, the club deserved better than that.

I'd have Efe over him any day if we must choose a shite jobber of a CH.

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

I'd have Efe over him any day if we must choose a shite jobber of a CH.

Please, please, do.

I don't think Dundee fans realise how bad he is now. He can't run, he can't turn, he can't jump, he doesn't communicate. Despite all this he still tries to skin folk 20 yards from his own goal with nobody behind him.

Its the 3rd of January. If the best option your club has found as a CB option this January is Efe Ambrose then someone needs sacked as they've clearly not been arsed trying to identify players.

2 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

You don't say...

I take it Dundee just have no scouting system at all?

6 months to plan for this window and improve the backline as a priority, and the options are Efe Ambrose/Paul Watson on trial, or an ex-player in his 30s on loan... 

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

6 months to plan for this window and improve the backline as a priority, and the options are Efe Ambrose/Paul Watson on trial, or an ex-player in his 30s on loan... 

pretty much…

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

We have heard literally no official news on who we're targeting fwiw, so nobody really knows as of now

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Or it could just be a load of shite that morons have made up on twitter, so calm the f**k down. Getting in a right state yet again.

Thank you.

Edited by Bigmouth Strikes Again