All things Dundee FC

I've spent a fucking depressing day at work surrounded by County fans commiserating me.

Not one had a good word to say about the pair.

Apparently had County in 10th with a large budget playing what sounded suspiciously like McCannball passing it about at the back going nowhere no matter what the score was.

Got sacked when here in October.

Screenshot_20220217-125052_Twitter.thumb.jpg.99904c23731b3d57a89e2112c5636704.jpg

New manager has come in and got 2/3 players in and now sit.

Screenshot_20220217-221246_Chrome.thumb.jpg.c870a28358b04214f63549113cfb370c.jpg

Nobody really knew what McGhee actually did but Simon Rusk was tactically naive and better suited to the youth team where he'd come from, but a very nice guy (Sounds like somebody we know).

I asked if there were any positives but the only one I got was that they weren't in Stockport.

#McGheeout 

20 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

No, neither anywhere near worse than McGhee. In fact, I might be wrong if Wiki is correct, he might even have a worse record than Alex Miller although that conflicts with what I'd looked at. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Aberdeen_F.C._managers

My point about him losing his job is that he's been a perennial loser since the early 90s and one purple season with Motherwell.

Last thing I’m going to say about Aberdeen. They were in a relegation playoff and Skovdahl had a very poor side. Glass’s team is pish. 

We’re obviously the opposite end of the scales. You’ve gone hyperbole, which you’re more than entitled to be, and I’m pretty relaxed about the situation. 

I’m just glad McPake’s gone. We were goosed with him in charge. Also this isn’t Nelms decision which must be a positive going by the McIntyre appointment. 

Edited by Yenitit

And whilst we’re at it. The media can get so far tae f**k with this pish that we were ahead of schedule and no one expected us to get promoted last season. 😡 Like f**k we weren’t with the players at his disposal. He had us out of automatic promotion after 3 games last season and about half a dozen the year before. 

10 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Last thing I’m going to say about Aberdeen. They were in a relegation playoff and Skovdahl had a very poor side. Glass’s team is pish. 

We’re obviously the opposite end of the scales. You’ve gone hyperbole, which you’re more than entitled to be, and I’m pretty relaxed about the situation. 

I’m just glad McPake’s gone. We were goosed with him in charge. Also this isn’t Nelms decision which must be a positive going by the McIntyre appointment. 

As far as McGhee is concerned, it's not even that that's bothering me. I'm not happy with it, I could accept it if it'd been a one off, it's that finally my belief and faith in Nelms has been dashed and I had massively bought into him for such a long time.

57 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Virtually every manager gets punted Ludo. The guy’s in his 60s, of course he’s going to have lost his job. Aberdeen I’ve never really followed but I’d hazard a guess Glass and Skovdahl will have been far worse than McGhee. Aberdeen fans aren’t really worth listening too. They chased a very good manager out of their club and got their comeuppance. 

Thank you for your concern for a club you don’t follow.

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

He's not though is he? He's blethering a lot of old shite hoping we'll accept it. Talking about doing his homework, studying the team, watching loads of games, focusing on set pieces yet doesn't even know who wears the armband.

Just watched his interview on Sky Sports News, and when he was asked if Dundee could stay in the Premiership he said, “I think the players can keep them up...”. Obviously doesn’t realise he is now supposed to be a part of Dundee FC.

TBF, apart from some batshit things, he has had some really good achievements in Management.

Took Motherwell from the relegation zone to Europe, gave Brighton their highest finish in 14 years, got promotion with Millwall and Brighton. 

Sorry, just trying to look for positives 

My main hope of McGhee failing is his temperament, tbh. I think he'll improve Dundee on McPake simply as older more experienced managers generally make things simple and play the best players in their best positions, although I think hes potentially a dreadful person to take charge of a side with an abysmal defence. He just seems to have a track record of completely melting down under any sustained pressure/criticism, and thats pretty much all hes going to get for the next few months. 

If Dundee get hammered on Sunday then his first home game will be toxic, with the added dimension of him being in the crowd due to his ban. Its just asking for issues.

12 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

My main hope of McGhee failing is his temperament, tbh. I think he'll improve Dundee on McPake simply as older more experienced managers generally make things simple and play the best players in their best positions, although I think hes potentially a dreadful person to take charge of a side with an abysmal defence. He just seems to have a track record of completely melting down under any sustained pressure/criticism, and thats pretty much all hes going to get for the next few months. 

If Dundee get hammered on Sunday then his first home game will be toxic, with the added dimension of him being in the crowd due to his ban. Its just asking for issues.

Stick to your pub teams woes.

Everyone is expecting defeat on Sunday and wants to see an improvement starting St Mirren on Wednesday. Why would there be a toxic atmosphere.

We're in a better position to stay up than we were under McPake. Let's hope we can do it, starting next week. 

The board have made their choice and for now I expect them to deliver otherwise they are fully accountable for another disaster.

Thank you.

Edited by Dundee-FC92

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

As far as McGhee is concerned, it's not even that that's bothering me. I'm not happy with it, I could accept it if it'd been a one off, it's that finally my belief and faith in Nelms has been dashed and I had massively bought into him for such a long time.

I hear you. I felt exactly how you do when we appointed McIntyre. Disappointed to read elsewhere that you’ve binned the Foundation as well. That’s harsh on those guys doing their bit. Guys like yourself are greatly appreciated for doing your wee bit for the club. 

Believe me you’ll get over it. It’s this kind of pish that makes our box office club! I’m of the opinion only Falkirk run us close for being continually the worst run club. Pushing the boat out and getting Jack Ross would’ve the sensible decision, that’s not what we do tho 🤦🏻‍♂️

27 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

How will it be toxic if he gets beat 😂 I think we’re all expecting 4 or 5 and hoping it’s not double figures. Come May 2023 when his ban is over he’ll get a decent reception walking up the pitch side. 

We’re not going to turn on the team. 

Edited by Yenitit

3 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

I don’t. Couldn’t give a f**k about Aberdeen like everyone outside Aberdeenshire 👍

An entire post about Aberdeen on the Dundee thread and you couldn't give a f*ck about us? Not sure that would be acceptable in a court of law.

Stick to your pub teams woes.
Everyone is expecting defeat on Sunday and wants to see an improvement starting St Mirren on Wednesday. Why would there be a toxic atmosphere.
We're in a better position to stay up than we were under McPake. Let's hope we can do it, starting next week. 
The board have made their choice and for now I expect them to deliver otherwise they are fully accountable for another disaster.
Thank you.
It'll be toxic if we lose to St Mirren