All things Dundee FC

Harkins was a good player who used to influence games more often than not, one performance in every eight isn't good enough. His time at a club who has ambition to cement their position as a top 6 club has passed. Gowser or Low are much more suited to playing centrally, Low has the range of passing to make things happen in the final third.

Irvine is another who looks past it at this level, especially at left back. I'd rather have seen Cammy Kerr kept and watched him develop into a first team regular. On his day he's at least as good as McGinn and Irvine and right now he would be any less consistent. With regular premier league games he'd get better and stronger. Wasted on loan at a club where he picked up one of the player of the year awards, how does going back to a league where you dominate improve development???

We've given away easy points this season when we should've punished teams, This could've had us at least 4 points better off, sitting third with hearts.

My biggest criticism of Hartley is he should be prepared to change formation or tactics during the game if his 'Plan A' isn't working instead on looking clueless or just being stubborn. That and don't be scared of getting hammered at Parkhead, look what defending 30yds out gets you!!!

Still confident we can have a good season though, it's just frustrating watching what seems to be obvious to most not being picked on by those who can make a difference.

Harkins was a good player who used to influence games more often than not, one performance in every eight isn't good enough. His time at a club who has ambition to cement their position as a top 6 club has passed. Gowser or Low are much more suited to playing centrally, Low has the range of passing to make things happen in the final third.

Irvine is another who looks past it at this level, especially at left back. I'd rather have seen Cammy Kerr kept and watched him develop into a first team regular. On his day he's at least as good as McGinn and Irvine and right now he would be any less consistent. With regular premier league games he'd get better and stronger. Wasted on loan at a club where he picked up one of the player of the year awards, how does going back to a league where you dominate improve development???

We've given away easy points this season when we should've punished teams, This could've had us at least 4 points better off, sitting third with hearts.

My biggest criticism of Hartley is he should be prepared to change formation or tactics during the game if his 'Plan A' isn't working instead on looking clueless or just being stubborn. That and don't be scared of getting hammered at Parkhead, look what defending 30yds out gets you!!!

Still confident we can have a good season though, it's just frustrating watching what seems to be obvious to most not being picked on by those who can make a difference.

Good post. Get Kerr back in January, looks a cracking player anytime I've seen him, plus he's Derry'd oot his pus.

Spot on

Good post. Get Kerr back in January, looks a cracking player anytime I've seen him, plus he's Derry'd oot his pus.

I think this will be Irvine's last year, I'm sure he only signed a one year deal. Kerr will likely play Irvine's role next year in being backup for left/right back.

why get Kerr back in January when he is playing every week at a somewhat decent level to learn at. He's better of just now where he is than to come back and sit on the bench maybe getting 10 min at the end of a game

why get Kerr back in January when he is playing every week at a somewhat decent level to learn at. He's better of just now where he is than to come back and sit on the bench maybe getting 10 min at the end of a game

Get him on from the start. Not been impressed with McGinn. Forgot all about Kerr, but right now would play him instead of Irvine or McGinn.

I've heard that Kerr isn't actually in our long term plans. Likely rubbish as it's like fourth hand info but apparently Hartley promised Kerr he'd be in his plans but after seeing him for an extended period thinks he's developed as far as he could and doesn't think he'll be good enough long term. As I say 4th hand info so could be muck. I hope it is as I think Kerr has the potential to be our next Barry Smith.

DensParkNumber1, on 22 Sept 2015 - 21:52, said:

Ive heard that Hartley gets on really well with Kerrand always inviteshim along to watch games with him.

I've seen him at a few games with Kerr so hope he likes him enough to keep him involved!

Is that the genuine Dundee tartan scarf on Dundee direct or just some spin off one?

A spin off, although it's not too far away from the real one.

You can pick up the real ones in Cooper & MacKenzie in Reform St. They're lovely, but a little short length wise. I'm not sure if it is still the case, but they had the rights to the tartan (unsure how it come about)

A spin off, although it's not too far away from the real one.

You can pick up the real ones in Cooper & MacKenzie in Reform St. They're lovely, but a little short length wise. I'm not sure if it is still the case, but they had the rights to the tartan (unsure how it come about)

They probably secured the rights by handing over a brown paper bag full of cash to Di Stefano or any one of our other previous dodgy chairmen/chief execs.

2 gripes about the commemorative 3rd kit.

1. Would've looked smarter if it was Black Watch with red trim.

2. Surely something could've been arranged to ditch the sponsor from the kit. I'm assuming this kit is a one game only affair although it may be sported again remembrance weekend.

Small gripes though and it's not gonna change anything.