All things Dundee FC

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

If youre as smart as you think, youd understand Thomson touting it means more than it would from any other journalist. 

Thomson trying to get his mate another job isn't necessarily the ITK scoop you're trying to frame it as.

If we follow pattern of appointments made by Nelms (excluding McGhee who was only a temporary manager) the pattern is pretty consistent:

Inexperienced manager: McCann

Experienced manager: McIntyre

Inexperienced manager: McPake

Experienced manager: Bowyer

Who do you think Charlie Adam’s first signing will be?

Edited by Shadow Play

7 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

If we follow pattern of appointments made by Nelms (excluding McGhee who was only a temporary manager) the pattern is pretty consistent:

His brother to steal from Nelms dad.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

If youre as smart as you think, youd understand Thomson touting it means more than it would from any other journalist. 

I'd be interested for you to elaborate how that is then. He has an awful track record in reporting on us and that S*n article is just an opinion piece, with nothing but a "they are likely to turn to" with no basis other than Strachan worked with him once. It's pathetic reporting to back his mate.

I've never claimed to be itk about anything, but there's always a thread to these stories and you can usually follow it back, though tbf there's a love for panic on the St Johnstone thread so I'm not surprised most things posted are usually believed at face value.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

1 hour ago, Shadow Play said:

You've missed out Mark McGhee there (I don't blame you!), so technically we've had two experienced managers on the trot. Forgive me for saying it but I feel like Strachan and Nelms cancelled it each other's bigger failings in hiring Bowyer, and I would hope to have faith they will do so again if they need to (which I'm still not convinced on).

1 hour ago, Derry Alli said:

Some of you boys need to calm down. About 6 weeks ago the vast majority of you were typing Bowyer could go.

Absolutely no worries if he goes, no worries if he stays.

Bowyers they come, they go.

Saturday through Sunday, Monday.

Monday throught Sunday, yo.

Fair enough, just rattled that days after winning the league and getting promoted there's suddenly all this uncertainty and panic that I've seen, just want to enjoy the month or so without all this nonsense like everyone at the club.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

Everytime we dropped points this season a gaggle of diddies tragically stumbled onto the forums and gave it big licks. On receipt of their diddy nature they were told to hang fire until May then say whatever they like. I'd like to put out a rallying call to the Morten diddies, The Inverness non-entities, The Tragic Hamilton, The tear-ridden Queens Park, and The Maryhill Morons.

All wee have is the snivelling BoredomGuy reclaiming his place within this thread which will be a painful mainstay whilst we tackle a higher echelon of diddies  such as his very own pub outfit next season. 

Thank you. 

Edited by Dundee-FC92

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

Blackpool winning today basically handed Stephen Dobbie the job if the bookies are to be believed.

Untitled.png

You need to get a grip, FFS.

As if anyone with a modicum of sense is going to go by the ever changing odds on your skittery betting website every time one roaster places a ten pound bet.

Let Bowyer and our club deal with the whole contract situation as a professional business and stop picking out stupid quotes from honking telegraph articles and trying to decipher stuff. Painful as f**k to read. 

Thank you and enjoy your evening. 

24 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

I'd be interested for you to elaborate how that is then. He has an awful track record in reporting on us and that S*n article is just an opinion piece, with nothing but a "they are likely to turn to" with no basis other than Strachan worked with him once. It's pathetic reporting to back his mate.

I've never claimed to be itk about anything, but there's always a thread to these stories and you can usually follow it back, though tbf there's a love for panic on the St Johnstone thread so I'm not surprised most things posted are usually believed at face value.

The rumour about Davidson to Dundee has been everywhere in Perth over the weekend, and both Davidsons pet journalists, who at one stage were nothing more than mouthpieces for him, are suggesting hes interested. Theres a very decent chance hes manoeuvring himself for the job.

It wasnt so much a "this means Davidson is getting it", more a "this suggests Davidson wants it so theres likely a vacancy coming"

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

The rumour about Davidson to Dundee has been everywhere in Perth over the weekend, and both Davidsons pet journalists, who at one stage were nothing more than mouthpieces for him, are suggesting hes interested. Theres a very decent chance hes manoeuvring himself for the job.

It wasnt so much a "this means Davidson is getting it", more a "this suggests Davidson wants it so theres likely a vacancy coming"

Very interesting. 

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Go away.

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

So literally exactly what I had said I thought was the case then? Cool!

Nothing more than one big attempt at a sales pitch with no discernible interest coming from our side, and could still yet be obsolete because it's far too early to jump to conclusions which people unfortunately love to do. What a waste of everyone's time.

Just now, RossBFaeDundee said:

It's far too early to jump to conclusions which people unfortunately love to do. What a waste of everyone's time.

In general things behind the scenes tend to be 2/3 weeks ahead of what comes out in the media.

Youll likely find the reality is Blackpool and Bowyer have spoken for weeks, and Dundee are already speaking to alternatives so they're prepared if/when he goes.