All things Dundee FC

2 hours ago, Fitbafollower said:

Seems like out of contract players have offered less terms

Dundee Kilmarnock Dundee United have been speaking to most of our out of contracted players

budget for next year won’t help Doolan build a squad capable of competing in championship?

Screenshot_20230606_231106_Chrome.jpg

1 minute ago, Fifespud said:

Who he? The DABS seem to think they’re signing him - no?

Just a poster on our forum. No idea about the DABs - haven't looked. 

I know they thought they'd signed Shaughnessy just before we announced him though.

Edited by Ludo*1

2 minutes ago, RawB93 said:

All round to his for the first meal of the day.

Apparently he wanted to sign for us because we play in Deep Blue (or) Something. 

9 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

Not pleased. Not disappointed. Very meh signing.

I know what you mean but he is entirely the profile finances will dictate we need to be signing. Impressed with Thistle and he has that vital ingredient, he’s as fast as fukc. 

I've enjoyed watching Tiffoney play these past few years and and hope he does well for Dundee. He's definitely earned another shot at the top flight with the way he's played for us since he arrived.

A couple of things to be wary of, though, with the first being that he has injury/fitness concerns every year, and seems to struggle to stay on the pitch for extended periods of time. Also, whilst his method of 'quick turn & knock it past the FB' works really well against your average Championship jobber, I'm not convinced that tactic is the best fit for the stronger, faster players in the top flight.

Hope he does well, though. But it wouldn't surprise me at all if he was back in the Championship next season (not necessarily with Dundee).

That seems like a sensible signing, based on last season he was one of the better Championship players and probably be a solid lower half top flight player. Plus Dundee need bodies in pretty quickly, so is an obvious choice. Not one other teams will be immediately envious of, but will do a job next season I'd imagine.