All things Dundee FC

Tele saying Meggat is injured.

Would still rather sign another defender even he wasn't mind you.

Totally, Meggat is not the best signing Hartley has made, I see a reduction in quality compared to say Davo last year, and that's not the finest of benchmarks.

We will need a central defender for the rest of the season.

I'd definitely take Souttar. A competent coach and he could go far. He's got all the physical attributes but he looks completely lost on the pitch at times. Bit of guidance and I reckon he'd come good.

Back to serious matters though, I see Zaliukas' spell with Rangers the same way I see McPake's at Hibs, and therefore I won't judge him on that stint. But he has never really settled since Hearts and there must be a reason as to why.

Back to serious matters though, I see Zaliukas' spell with Rangers the same way I see McPake's at Hibs, and therefore I won't judge him on that stint. But he has never really settled since Hearts and there must be a reason as to why.

Offer him a cheap deal, he can like it or lump it. Think he can also play defensive mid, so could be a good short term signing.

Winger : (Lee Erwin) seen rumours previously on him. Only played three games for Leeds, and was given to Bury for a 28 day loan spell. Maybe he'll want to get off his arse for a bit.

Erwin, similar to Tidser last season when Morton made a c**t of it, can't play for another club for the rest of this season.

Am I right in saying the news McPake is actually more positive as the prognosis for a fractured knee cap is better than a dislocated knee cap due to the ligament damage that this can also cause?

That's what I was thinking. It's still an utter c**t to recover from, but it had previously looked like a total career-ender.

When I did my knee 9 months ago I dislocated my knee in a tackle, fractured it in 2 places aswell and damaged my tendons and soft tissue which im pretty sure is very similar to what jazza has done and the pain is unbelievable, literally unbearable.

He needs to be very mentally strong, be patient and just give it 110% with rehab. Im still doing rehab now with dundee uniteds pyhsio (sorry) and heal down at city quay and im still struggling and I cant jog yet.

I'll be very surprised, given jazza is 31 years old with previous knee problems of he ever plays again never mind at premier league level again, just really hope we have a coaching roll for him as he has given everything for us while he has been here however you view his footballing ability. Really feel for him.

Edited by Derry boy